Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Woo hoo!!!! Masterpiece Red Alert is in!!!

First off, I was a little disappointed when I first opened the BBTS box. The actual Red Alert packaging was small!!! Okay, well then I remembered they are putting them in scale with the newer MPs. Once I opened him, the back of the packaging depicts Red Alert in alt mode coming out the back of MP10's trailer. So, the alt mode is pretty nice. I love the fact it is licensed by Lamborghini. We now transform him to robot mode. It's quite easy. His robot mode is nicely sculpted and detailed very well. His shoulder mounted cannon is cool. His rifle could have some paint apps as I feel there is just too much red. A small gripe. He comes with a "circuit malfunction" gimmick reminiscing the G1 episode where he has a short circuit and becomes paranoid. It's a little translucent blue crown that you place on his head. It makes him look like he has sparks coming from his temples. It's pretty cool to say the least. He is very poseable. Size wise, he is the same height as PRiD Voyager Ultra Magnus. So, I give this figure a solid 10. This is good, because I give the MP Rodimus only an 7. Is he worth $83? That's probably up to the collector. I like Red Alert. This is why I skipped Lambor/Sideswipe. I'm only getting certain MPs because honestly I just don't have the money. Personally, this thing is only worth about $50 if that. I understand though that it's a Japanese toy and all. The thing is, I just don't see Hasbro bringing one of these out. And even if they do, I just can't wait. So, it was worth the money to me. All and all, this MP Red Alert is great!! Now, I just have to force myself to open MP Prime!!!!

I have Sideswipe, and yeah he base figue is pure win. I thought there might be issues with the toy, like on the swivelling arm panel. But it's 100% sturdy.

Much love to the MP line recently :D

• 2 weeks later...

PRID Ultra Magnus: A very nice figure which I am happy to say has not had any breakage in the plastic whatsoever. I can see why some of you say the plastic feels cheap. I love his mechtech weapon which is by far the best of them all.

FOC Voyager Soundwave: While I like the WFC figure, this figure is just too badass looking. Big, and bulky, and just plain awesome. And Laserbeak has to be one of the most genius designs ever, I just can't stop playing with him.

FOC data disk 2-packs: The same thing said for Laserbeak can be said for these guys, the only one that doesn't seem to work well is Ravage.

Beast Hunters Wheeljack: He is pretty awesome, I like the spikey look to him, he's just an all-around nicely done figure. I like the instruction sheet, and the fact that it has a little story going on leads me to believe that this will be the story they tell in season 3 of the show.

• 4 weeks later...

I was stoked when reports were coming in about how 2013 Commemorative G1 Ultra Magnus was going to be based more on Takara's 15th anniversary Ultra Magnus, but boy was I in a load of disappointment when I got it today. The package pics did show the vintage fig but was inside, as far as I can tell, is virtually identical to the 2002 Commemorative G1 Ultra Magnus including the extra long missiles and neutered smokestacks, with the addition of the tampographed Tomy snd 2011 Hasbro copyright stamp.

IMG_0720_zpsf6496f53.jpg

IMG_0722_zps0d5aa21f.jpg

Voyager Class Soundblaster: I finally got my hands in him. I wanted to open him, since I already have the WFC Soundwave displayed. I never open a newer version of a character if I already have said character displayed. For example, FoC Sideswipe, FoC Starscream, FoC Jazz, FoC Magnus, etc., I never opened because I already have the classis or generations version of them. But this new Soundwave mold, I wanted to try. Inwas sceptic all originally because of the pictures. Lets just say, you need to have this mold in your hands to appreciate it. It's nice and solid. Very big and bulky and he data disk ejecting gimmick works very nicely. If you think about, Spundwave is one of the few characters whose drains have been stellar throughout the years. G1, Music Label, Animated, Prime, FoC are just examples of how well Soundwave's designs have been. So, with the FoC mold, it just gets better and highly recommend either him or Soundblaster. The articulation is great, the design is awesome, and the sculpting is superb. Alt mode is a little uninspiring, but still works. One complaint. The box depicts Soundwave/Soundblaster holding a gun, but mine seems to have only come with the shoulder cannon. Can anyone confirm or deny that FoC Soundwave/Soundblaster comes with an additional hand gun?

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, got my Beast Hunters Ripclaw in. To start off, I love it!!! This figure is better than Lazerback and Predaking. The coloring of Ripclaw is cool. The teal and blood red seem to go together. There is also faint traces of yellow paint apps on the teal. This gives it a more detailed look. There are a few other colors such as grey and the hands and feet have a dark yellow coloring. Unlike Lazerback, whose coloring looks like a transformer for toddlers, Ripclaw looks like she fits in with the current Prime contunuity.In robot mode, she looks like Ser Ket, who is featured in the Rage of the Dino Bots storyline. I'm not sure if they are the same character or not. I will say that the robot mode for the toy is much better looking than the drawn version. The drawn version looks like she's wearing a turtle neck. That collar is horrible. The toy has it, but it's very minuscule and subtle. She is very poseable in dragon or robot mode. The one drawback I have is the end of the tail that separates and becomes the weapon looks awkward in her hand. Dragon mode shines as well. Highly posable and looks sinister sitting there. It's very cool looking. I would almost like to see her be a Voyager Class figure. The end of her tail separates to become a weapon. it features a unique grabbing claw. when you push the center yellow button, the claw fingers close up. This feature is cool, but is ultimately cut short by how awkward it looks in Ripclaw's hand. So, for the other Beast Hunters, Predaking is nothing like I expected and pretty much is a fail in my eyesight. Lazerback is kind of cool, but definitely forgetful. His coloring is too off the wall. If you want a Beast Hunter Predacon, Ripclaw is the one you want. The other two can be skipped, at least until the others come out onto the market.

Robot Mode: 10

Alt Mode: 8

Details: 8

Poseability: 8

Sturdiness: 10

Originality: 10

Accessories/weapons: 7

I got Generations Blaster, Soundwave, Grimlock, Starscream and Kickback! Havent posted in a while but all of these figures are amazing!! Loving Generations goodness! =)

Has collecting become fun again? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up Generations Rumble and Ravage and Ratbat and Frenzy and love all these guys! Loading Soundwave up with Rumble, Ravage and Laserbeak just bought back soo much nostalgia! <3 C:

Also, PRID Rumble and Beasthunters Smokescreen! Both were amazing surprises! Solid in both alt and bot modes! Still have to do something about Smoke's ball joints as they are incredibly loose but a good kinda complex transformation and I was even able to forgive that faux chest because of all the other good things this toy did! Just awesome! The armor is a plus but not using the armor or missile at all. He just looks better with a pistol and being bare in all his Autobot goodness!

Just got back from an outing. I got a good amount of Kreo Micro Changers. Another site had the code numbers to know which one was which. Of course the two I wanted had been snagged (Inferno and Airachnid), but still a good haul. I got Warpath, Dirge, Blast Off, and Bludgeon. Then, I went to Target and was able to pick up............Smokescreen!!!! I also picked up Ripclaw to display in the packaging. I just love that one!!!! And I kid you not, Target had 7 FoC Soundwaves!!!!! So, over all it was a good day. I'll post my opinions on Smokescreen later!!