Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Several for you today:

Ultra Magnus PRiD: He's a pretty stout figure, looks great but as a previous poster stated, his plastic feels a little brittle, but it's not thankfully, however, in a few years, that could change. He has a pretty straight forward transformation reminiscent of his animated counterpart from a few years ago and I'm fine with that, makes it easier and I don't have to reference the instructions on a semi-regular basis. His hammer/Duke Nuke 'em style gun is pretty damn cool, but it's heavy and that posed(HA!) a problem straight out of the box. The ball joints for his shoulders could not handle the weight of the arm and the weapon with out sagging all the way down(and also causes a balancing/top heavy issue when holding in some poses). I did the super glue treatment and that cured a modest amount of the drooping arms situation. His hands are another issue, the are ball jointed at the wrists nestled a little too far back in the arm and the cups are of the opaque blue plastic and make holding the weapon in gun format a little tricky, not to mention I got a stress mark trying to make the gun set correctly, so watch out with that. Paint apps are decent this time around, but not complete as usual with the usual ones missing. I would have liked to have seen a second missile as well so he would balance out and satisfy that tiny G1 longing as well, but alas. Over all I think he's a great figure and if you're on the fence about him, don't be.

Thundertron PRiD: I initially had planed to pass on him, but after I looked him over for a few minutes, I decided I liked his look and here we are. My understanding from the box is that he's not a fan of Cybertron nor the TF's from there, factions be blasted. Speaking of factions, he only has the one marking on him, and that's on the back left side that forms his back/quad section in beast/alt mode, and honestly, I like the mix of the Decepticon and Jolly Roger look. His alt mode is that of a cyber-esque styled lion. His bot mode is actually well designed and his look is what caught my attention once I had a look at him in person. His alt mode is not too bad, but not great either, once in alt mode, he does not have a large range of movement other than his back legs, and that only goes so far. His bot form is wear he shines best. I don't know if it was on purpose or mistake but Thundertron was a bit mis-transformed in the package, his mane that sets to the sides of his lions head in alt mode was actually on his shoulders and pretty much made the lower two thirds of his head hard to see, easily remedied though. He also has the ability in bot mode to go "peg-legged" in a pirate mode(which I've also heard a little about). His right foot can be attached to either forearm via a plug if you so decide to pursue that look. He also manages to not lose to much stability in this mode either. Paint apps were actually above average for once and between the white with blue stripes chest, and the blue & silver legs and arms and the coloring on his beard in both modes(an aqua/teal color), he has a lot of color going on, good play Hasbro(for once). His sword unfortunately is saddled with the spring loaded gimmick, but like UM's hammer/gun, it doesn't hamper it too badly like the others we've encountered and with some personal work, it can be a much better piece. Granted he is a beast-former and I avoid those most of the time, I'm glad I picked him up.

GDO Wheelie: I made a spot decision to get him and again, I'm glad I did, he is utilizing Jazz' mold with a Wheelies head obviously and the mold for his head is done pretty well, it even emotes the youth of him through the design of the eyes and youthful smirk on his face and it really works well. The mold still suffers from not having a locking capability for the chest but eh, what ya gonna do? His colors are very well done with the exception of the all dark gray wheels, another left to our own devices moment brought to you by Hasbro(yes I know, a call back to the original G1 sculpt, but still). He gets his traditional sling shot in the sky blue color to keep with his design motif and it can also be used as a pistol of sorts as well thanks to an additional peg on one of the forks. It's too bad they didn't add Jazz' gun to this, it would have been a nice choice. The speakers are there as well and open to the toy owners intent.. The two tone orange with the highlights manages to work really well with the mold, it's just kinda of shocking to have to admit that. Another great deluxe to add the ever growing CHUG line up.

And Lastly, First Edition Arcee. I got her in this mold cause I liked the idea of her having both blades as opposed to the PRiD version. Paint apps will need to be added since they only painted one side of the blades, the side facing out of the package, an indicator that they figured most may not open the packaging considering the FE status. I had not realized how much taller she was in this mold and I like it. The coloring is much more inline with the series as we all know(darker blue if you were not aware), and the articulation is much he same with her PRiD counterpart. I might have to troll around for some after market guns for her via shapeways or something to round her out. Another good recommendation for this figure if you do not own her or are not too sure about getting.

From yesterday:

FP Assaulter: what can I say? Amazing figure and a great update for Broadside, while none of his transformations are convincing as earth modes, frankly I just don't care because he's such a badass!

United Windcharger and Wipeout: thanks for making my old RTS Windcharger look like crap Takara, lol

Headrobots Cenurion: I STILL DON'T OWN A FORT MAX! Oh well the sword and these little bots are awesome, though the US version was missing Spike's face

DOTM Hatchet: finally broke down and got him as an add on for free shipping, love this little guy!

well, TRU masterpiece prime arrived in the mail today....but unfortunately my wife says i can't open it until christmas. (though i may be able to wear her down over the next couple days)

so, um....as for my verdict....it's a really nice package?

it's sitting on the shelf next to all the other masterpiece's, human alliance's and alternators (all opened, mind you), in front of the original mp 01 prime with the justitoys trailer (too cheap to spring for the official takara one).

and it's taunting me with all it's unopened glory, mocking me with it's potential awesomeness.

it's smacking around my imagination with...oh you get the idea, it's calling to me

must...resist....

can't....defy...wife...

My MP Thundercracker sent by Hellscream arrived today. Finally, I have all three seekers in MP form.

The new remolded parts reall help the figure, but there is things about this figure that I detest... the "tattoos". The tailfins and the parts that have reflector pictured on them are just idiotic looking IMO. I'm going to buy the reprolabels to fix this next time I have available funds. Apart from that, this figure is so cool. Got my MP Sideswipe and Thundercracker in the mail this week, and should have Prime hopefully next week. A lotta MP love lately, and I'm really enjoying it

My MP Thundercracker sent by Hellscream arrived today. Finally, I have all three seekers in MP form.

The new remolded parts reall help the figure, but there is things about this figure that I detest... the "tattoos". The tailfins and the parts that have reflector pictured on them are just idiotic looking IMO. I'm going to buy the reprolabels to fix this next time I have available funds. Apart from that, this figure is so cool. Got my MP Sideswipe and Thundercracker in the mail this week, and should have Prime hopefully next week. A lotta MP love lately, and I'm really enjoying it

Glad you are able to get a MP Prime. I've been looking for you here, but ended up buying one for me from TRU online.

well, TRU masterpiece prime arrived in the mail today....but unfortunately my wife says i can't open it until christmas. (though i may be able to wear her down over the next couple days)

so, um....as for my verdict....it's a really nice package?

it's sitting on the shelf next to all the other masterpiece's, human alliance's and alternators (all opened, mind you), in front of the original mp 01 prime with the justitoys trailer (too cheap to spring for the official takara one).

and it's taunting me with all it's unopened glory, mocking me with it's potential awesomeness.

it's smacking around my imagination with...oh you get the idea, it's calling to me

must...resist....

can't....defy...wife...

Mine is sitting on top of my entertainment center and I just don't want to open him. The packaging is just sooooo nice. I just need an excuse!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received 07 Big Daddy, Groovy!

Also in today is Thundertron, I only got him so I could make a custom Weirdwolf, and I'm thankful that the beast head is kind of a cross between feline and canine features, makes it easier to convert him into a Nebulan Wolf mode. Looks like for the most part I just need to remove the "mane" and add in some doggy ears, lol

Got TFC Uranos, GDO Springer and a FE Vehicon.

Uranos: This is definitely another excellent product from the folks at TFC. A very hearty and solid build in all modes. One tiny mention is the feet, they work well and are ball jointed behind what would be considered the arch of the foot, they just look a bit smallish and somewhat non functional but its only a looks thing, again, they work quite well. The weapons he has is a great use of the implements from his F4-Phantom mode, those being the wings as a bladed/shield implement and the external drop tanks that make an over/under configuration of a blaster of sorts. The gun pods they made for the F4 in the mid 60's would have been a great addition and a extraordinary weapon for Uranos to have on hand as well, maybe a third party piece in the future. Transformation from bot to plane and back is pretty straight forward, but the shaft that holds the nose and tail section can be confusing, it initially looks to wide to slide into the groove for the tail section, but with some steady, easy pressure it fits into place making what looks like a tiny escape pod on the back of the bot once you wed them together and a nice way to eat up some kibble space into a stylish backpack. The alt mode is surprising large for it's size and does justice to the Phantom design it is built off of and the colors make me think of it being an early test model or part of an acrobatics team(Ha!) The aforementioned wings store on the lower legs via a peg and also work from same for the wings in alt mode and stow away fairly clean and does not hamper posability in bot mode. I have seen the video about the legs/hips being too tight and after some investigation on my own have decided that this particular piece is not currently having that issue, but I don't do a serious amount of moving the figures limbs around, they typically enjoy a lot of shelf life in a few poses during their time on display. A definite must have if you love TFC and have the cash to throw down.

FE Vehicon: Most of you already know about this figure, I'm just tacking on my .02. I like this guy and his transformation sequence is fairly involved compared to the non FE version but on a side to side comparison, I enjoy the newer version more, it just seems to be less clunky and more form fitting(for lack of a better terminology), the FE reminds of the some of the Decepticon cars from the movie-verse, not wholly bad but not nearly as elegant as the non FE version. The alt mode holds up just as well as the other version and brought me to a keen realization: If they can bring the same alt mode form to different bots but keep the outer shell unchanged, they should do this more often. It would be a nice break from standard repaints with slightly different head molds, but alas, I know what I ask. I would recommend this for Prime FE collectors and just Prime collectors on a whole, especially since I have one FE and four regulars, so the FE will serve as the Vehicon commander in my line up.

GDO Springer: Speaking of repaints with different head molds... Springer! Okay, so this time we get him again as repaint from Tomahawk(HftD) of a deluxe version with a new head and *GASP* paint apps! Did I mention he gets a sword? And a plastic one, not some floppy rubber one! Still not a favorite mold but they did spruce him up with the paint apps and a nice representation of a dual mode Springer instead of a triple changer(I have the FP version and it's still hard to beat that one). The green and gray with the yellow is a little odd on a gunship, but the yellow on the nose in alt mode give him a bit of a "beak" like an angry bird(not that damned game either!). I'd recommend him, especially if you don't have a Springer in your collection, as this does a fairly decent job of that and is also a little better than the two pack from a few years ago where he came with Ratbat and was in voyager scale and just a dual mode figure.