Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

No TFs from the takara series please. I tried watching victory and got through 12 minutes of it before it became unbarable. I do want my three MPs now though. Damn postage times... lol

Sargent Kup is a pretty neat figure for the Prime line. He's pretty fun and has good transformation sequence. Great posability along with well proportioned weapons that do well in either his hands or in the ports on his forearms. Speaking of the arms, they did a really great job of designing them and not hanging a bunch of kibble off them, but instead utilizing it to fold away in a beautiful manner and create the lower arm as well. His alternate mode as a truck keeps with the G1 aesthetics and is not wholly bad to look at, but this mold is also headed for Iron Hide as well(or vice versa), you know how it is folks. As usual the downside is the lack of paint apps on things like the wheels and such, but that can be corrected by us more industrious types. His hood is my other tiny complaint in bot mode, it could have used a extra hinge or two to collapse it down better instead of looking like pull tab on an opened drink can(it just stick up some on the top of his shoulder/back region). I'm really digging this version of Kup, he even has some slight call backs to the one that was put out in the last couple of years in the classics line.

Rumble is another good addition to the Prime line up. He's taken up a bit larger in scale and in bot mode has bit of a face on his chest, which IMO adds some mystique to his character(since I have not seen anything else on him other than the bio on his packaging). The blue color sets him off, minus the obvious lack of minor paint details. His transformation is pretty simple and his chest folds forward slightly from the shoulders to let his head pop up. He has good posability and can hunker down to one or both knees so he can do his classic stance to engage his pile drivers. He has two and they are both able to be pegged in ports or in hands, however the pegs for the handles are off set so they can set in the specific hands to give him the ability to use his pile drivers and still look symmetrical. The pile drivers are pretty much hollow and have no paint apps, but are ripe for doing just that and would flesh him out ten fold in doing so, but thanks all the same Hasbro... His bot mode is a little sub compact sedan and pretty nifty looking, kinda reminded-me some of the Alternators version of Frenzy they put out as a Wal-Mart exclusive some years ago. Over all, I say get him when you see him, he looks just like a mean little MF'er, a great addition to the Decepticon line up in the Prime series.

I also forgot to mention about Rumble one other (larger)downside: His huge shoulder kibble. It make him look like a mini line backer. Wit some slight work, you could alter the shoulder to get the roof halves to collapse in a bit tighter on his shoulders, but I don't think it would help much.

Got my Superalloy Survivalist Wheelie today, not the greatest Third party figure, not the worst either though. Word of advice if you're planning on picking him up, do not display in vehicle mode (which is literally listed on the instruction sheet as "vehicle mode?")it has horrible gaps at just about all robot mode joints, rolls rather well though oddly (another thing that bugs me is the windshield, if this were a real car on the road then how the hell could anyone see out the front when the dashboard would sit 5 ft up from the drivers seat?). Robot mode displays well, it doesn't offer a wide range of articulation, and dynamic poses (or just about any) are completely out of the question. My biggest gripe has got to be the hands and head, the hands have EXTREMELY tiny holes, so small I can only get him to hold the guns from the G1 Constructicons, and the head seems huge by comparison to the rest of the body. My next goal is to grab up a GDO Wheelie and do some part-swapping so he'll have a new head, hands, and a weapon.

All in all I can't recommend this guy to everyone, I like it but I was still disappointed by it's severe limitations.

Sargent Kup is a pretty neat figure for the Prime line. He's pretty fun and has good transformation sequence. Great posability along with well proportioned weapons that do well in either his hands or in the ports on his forearms. Speaking of the arms, they did a really great job of designing them and not hanging a bunch of kibble off them, but instead utilizing it to fold away in a beautiful manner and create the lower arm as well. His alternate mode as a truck keeps with the G1 aesthetics and is not wholly bad to look at, but this mold is also headed for Iron Hide as well(or vice versa), you know how it is folks. As usual the downside is the lack of paint apps on things like the wheels and such, but that can be corrected by us more industrious types. His hood is my other tiny complaint in bot mode, it could have used a extra hinge or two to collapse it down better instead of looking like pull tab on an opened drink can(it just stick up some on the top of his shoulder/back region). I'm really digging this version of Kup, he even has some slight call backs to the one that was put out in the last couple of years in the classics line.

Rumble is another good addition to the Prime line up. He's taken up a bit larger in scale and in bot mode has bit of a face on his chest, which IMO adds some mystique to his character(since I have not seen anything else on him other than the bio on his packaging). The blue color sets him off, minus the obvious lack of minor paint details. His transformation is pretty simple and his chest folds forward slightly from the shoulders to let his head pop up. He has good posability and can hunker down to one or both knees so he can do his classic stance to engage his pile drivers. He has two and they are both able to be pegged in ports or in hands, however the pegs for the handles are off set so they can set in the specific hands to give him the ability to use his pile drivers and still look symmetrical. The pile drivers are pretty much hollow and have no paint apps, but are ripe for doing just that and would flesh him out ten fold in doing so, but thanks all the same Hasbro... His bot mode is a little sub compact sedan and pretty nifty looking, kinda reminded-me some of the Alternators version of Frenzy they put out as a Wal-Mart exclusive some years ago. Over all, I say get him when you see him, he looks just like a mean little MF'er, a great addition to the Decepticon line up in the Prime series.

I also forgot to mention about Rumble one other (larger)downside: His huge shoulder kibble. It make him look like a mini line backer. Wit some slight work, you could alter the shoulder to get the roof halves to collapse in a bit tighter on his shoulders, but I don't think it would help much.

I can't speak for Rumble, but I did pick up Kup on a lark and your assessment of the figure is spot on. I am going to immediately do an Ironhide repaint stat.

Finally got my MP Sideswipe just yesterday and...oh my.

Oh my.

Oh.

My.

Removing him from the box to behold him in all his Countach glory may very well be the equivalent of having Jessica Biel forcibly require your manhood.

Today I received Grind Rod and Assault Force X from TFSource. Grind Rod is just amazing, I know that Aurora turned a lot of people off from the Toyworld Throttlebots, my question is why? Grind Rod is absolutely amazing, all the little details that pre-release photography didn't show just make me even more excited for future Toyworld releases. The headsculpt is perfect, and when he catches the light just right (difficult because of the "hood") he lightpipes better than most hasbro releases. If Aurora turned you off then skip that one, but get Grind Rod, like Hegemon he's possibly the closest representation to the G1 character he's based on that we will ever see. I will be getting Aurora, mostly because the more I mess with Grind Rod and look at the preview image for Aurora on his box, the more Aurora is growing on me. On another note, it seems that the problems some people have had with a very loose hip assembly isn't a widespread issue, mine is perfect and quite tight, no floppy legs.

Now Assault Force X, basically if you loved Scouting Force X (like me) then there's not much to say about these guys, Perfect effect did an outstanding job with the retooling and all-new headsculpts. I love these guys and even after buying both sets (AFX and SFX) I feel they were well worth getting both, I now have animation, and Toy accurate Reflector teams (that each come with enough weapons to make Rambo blush). Also love the freebie mini-reflector camera, I don't think it would have killed them to at least add a sticker sheet with it, but it still looks pretty wicked with TRU Masterpiece Thundercracker holding it.

okay, my pile of loot arrived today, and among all the awsomeness which includes masterpiece sideswipe, generations bruticus, kup and rumble, the two new mini warriors.....and voyager ultra mags (as well as some misc. marvel universe figs).

i gotta say...i love my hasbro and rarely order tak/tomy...but this ultra mags feels cheap as hell. haven't opened anything else yet, but had to let you guys know the plastic quality is very very poor on this thing. even had some untrimmed plastic flash on his hammer/gun thing.

the figure itself is great, love the transform sequence and everything (very animated feel to it) it's just the plastic feels so brittle i'm afraid i'm going to snap it.

i'm almost afraid of opening kup, rumble and bruticus for fear of the same cheap feel.

i know they raised prices but i didn't think that meant lower quality.

it's totally possible that this is relegated soley to my fig, but be wary.

Scruffy, I have Kup and Rumble, the ones I have are pretty solid feeling, especially Kup so give 'em a chance. Hate to hear about UM though, but I'm sure I'll get him all the same. As for MP Sideswipe, he's a sweet chunk.

okay, finished opening the haul, and i gotta say i totally agree with Transmitte on all points on kup and rumble. love the way the lower arms on kup transform (much like masterpiece sideswipe's arms come to think of it). the only thing i'll add is that the only thing that really makes rumble identifiable as rumble is the pile drivers, other than that he could almost be any robot. there's nothing that just screams "RUMBLE" to me. cool little fig though.

Bruticus is pretty awesome. yes he looks a little lanky, yes his arms are a little wonky, and yes his gun looks like a giant mess of combined parts, BUT he's still bruticus and he's awesome.

some of his parts seem thin and on the verge of being brittle (namely the arms on Onslaught).

I think my favorite is Brawl (though that's probably my macho tank-loving man genes talking *grunts like tim taylor*)

i may be wrong but i think these figs are bigger than wave one of the WFC figs (i'm just too lazy to break out prime or shockwave to find out).

Sideswipe is pure awesome, absolutely freaking amazing figure. the ONLY thing i can think of that's at all negative is that the port on the roof for his gun in alt mode is a little tight and it might eventually cause paint wear over time.

the mini warriors are great too, thought there was a problem with one of mine, Hench arrived with no head. i've shot bbts an email about it so maybe it'll be resolved, though i've never had a return with them so i don't know how they handle it. love the way his legs fold over to reduce kibble too (just looks weird to see him w/o a head...)

Ufo is a cool little fig, great idea that they included the stand with it, only complaint is the head can be a little hard to pop out as it's rather tight, may just be mine though.

oh, also got Hegemon in today, and i can't say enough good things about this fig. it's absolutely amazing. great rendition of a great character.

so...other than that disappointing business with the cheap feel of ultra mags, a pretty awesome haul. (and honestly ultra mags is a great fig....he just has a thin, cheap feel to him). oh and his hammer/gun thing is a little floppy right out of the box, but love the fact that his weapon actually has a locking clip to keep it in hammer mode, just have to take out the batteries otherwise the led will stay on full time.

Forgot to mention this is the Voyager version of Ultra Mags, not the deluxe. (don't have him...yet)