Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

My Art Feather Bumblebee G1 version in today, just wow! The packaging is just beautiful, I know this will be the last Bumblebee I ever buy (unless Takara puts out an MP at some point), the Spike statue is a nice touch, comes with a gun, and two alternate hands. I'l give my full impression on this gorgeous piece later, but it's a beautiful re-shell of the classics mold, the VW mode looks perfect. I've been extremely disillusioned by modern Bumblebee hordes, however the G1 character always held a special place for me, based on an in-box impression this is a buy!

Just got my MP-12 in today! LOVE!!!! THIS!!!! FIGURE!!!! Yes, he's smaller than previous MP's standing at a solid Voyager size, however he's just sooooo pretty, lol. Partner him up with PP05 and we've got an ass kicking pair of Autobots that are ready to roll! Can't wait for Soundwave and Red Alert (based on more recent photo's it appears Red Alert has more retooled parts on him that a simple Lightbar addition to better match Red Alert's animated character model, which was visually distinctive from Sideswipe in many ways) his guns are gorgeous, and everything about him feels solid, transformation is fun and not too difficult so don't worry about him suffering from an overly convoluted (and in some past cases scary because of the threat of breaking an integral piece of the figure) transformation. Sideswipe is a Prime example of Takara's new vision in the MP line: Make Kickass renditions of our favorite classic characters while staying true to both the toys and media that fans were introduced to, Sideswipe gets that message across and then some.

Received the last two Crazydevy upgrades for my Hercules, the Giant Gun, and Purple barrel. The gun is coll, and it doesn't look nearly as out of proportion in Herc's hand as the initial product pics make it look, I was a little disappointed by the Purple barrel parts since in order to attach them I had to unscrew all of the green barrel parts and then screw the CD barrel parts on the weapon pods, just a LOT of work for something so expensive, however looking at Herc fully upgraded I couldn't care lees about the labor.

The final piece I received is also technically an upgrade for Hercules as well, AMW-10 Arms Micron G. How is this an upgrade for Herc you ask? Well back in the dying days of G1 the Actionmasters were released, Devastator received the treatment, and gained an actionmaster partner, a robotic Scorpion named Scorpulator that (sort of) transformed into a gun for The non-transformable Devastator, so since Arms Micron G is also a robotic scorpion that transforms into a (sort of) gun, he's perfect as an homage to G1 Scorpulator. He mounts rather nicely on Devy's wrist if I may also add.

I forgot this earlier so here's my impression on Art Feather G1 Bumblebee animation version. This is a really nice figure, though he does end up with a rather sizable backpack of kibble which unfortunaly does not clip in anywhere, same with the chest too, I still love this figure though, and he actually looks pretty nice next to MP Sideswipe. One thing no one seems to have noticed is that he actually has an all new headsculpt, based more on his cartoon appearances than the original classics version.

Just opened up my BBTS package. The G2 Bruticus is AWESOME!!!! At least from what I can see from the box. I'm not going to open him yet. He just looks great and the packaging is well done. The robots coloring isn't my favorite, but for only $59, I'm not complaining!! This is why I bought him over the normal version. I didn't want to spend $100+ on it.

Next is MW UFO. WOW, he is bigger than I thought he'd be. Easily 3 times larger than MW Spray. The only gripe I have is the kibble you see underneath the UFO. It's not bad and doesn't hang out, you can just see his leg joints up inside, but that's not that bad. He's definitely a step above any Cosmos Hasbro has done. His glass space helmet dome is a very ingenious design, and his ray gun which his bio states is a toy given to him by kids is awesome!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention. If you don't care for the space helmet, it pops off. It's meant to.

Just got my MP-12 in today! LOVE!!!! THIS!!!! FIGURE!!!! Yes, he's smaller than previous MP's standing at a solid Voyager size, however he's just sooooo pretty, lol. Partner him up with PP05 and we've got an ass kicking pair of Autobots that are ready to roll! Can't wait for Soundwave and Red Alert (based on more recent photo's it appears Red Alert has more retooled parts on him that a simple Lightbar addition to better match Red Alert's animated character model, which was visually distinctive from Sideswipe in many ways) his guns are gorgeous, and everything about him feels solid, transformation is fun and not too difficult so don't worry about him suffering from an overly convoluted (and in some past cases scary because of the threat of breaking an integral piece of the figure) transformation. Sideswipe is a Prime example of Takara's new vision in the MP line: Make Kickass renditions of our favorite classic characters while staying true to both the toys and media that fans were introduced to, Sideswipe gets that message across and then some.

I am soo glad to hear that. Mine is on the UPS truck out for delivery and I (havent been able to watch any video reviews) have been really worried that I was going to be disappointed when I open him up.

Finally completed the Kabaya Gaia Guardian set and combined it with Hotspot...

IMG_0570.jpg

It looks great, though I'm rather dissapointed that Gaia Guardian is cast in much softer plastic compared to regular Kabaya kits...

I was able to beat the scalpers to a GDO Wheelie a couple of days ago... People complain about the size but I just see it as "grown up" Wheelie... His head sculpt is amazing... Plus this mold is my favorite out of the Generations/Classics/Universe line...

Have they sorted out the chest locking yet on the jazz/wheelie mold? It always bugs me that his chest moves about so easily

He still has this issue...

It's been two days since I received my MP Prime, and I must say this is truly the ultimate Optimus Prime figure! While he lacks the wrist communicators that MP-01 had, he surely makes up for it with his more anime inspired headsculpt, and better proportioned body. I do wish the blue was more of a middleground between the Hasbro and Takara releases, since it's just a tad bright, but it's a minor complaint as the figure itself is just plain beautiful. Come on MP-17 Megatron, MP-18 Star Saber, MP-19 Galvatron, MP-20 Dai Atlas, MP-21 Deathsaurus, and MP-22 Sunstreaker!