Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Arms Micron Swerve: my first AM figure, and a very nice one at that. Love the colors, and the micron figure that becomes his weapon. I also like the fact that his micron is a model kit, I definitely had fun assembling it and hope to get some more microns. Stickers are nice, really makes Swerve look good, Hasbro definitely needs to bring the microns over to the U.S.

GDO Cliffjumper: It's a very nice figure, like how they used the FE Cliffjumper body mold. Diddn't like the head, looked way too out of place, so I ended up replacing his head with a RID Cliffjumper head, looks so much better now. And I sort of have a FE Cliffjumper figure now.

Kabaya Fortress Maximus set: this figure is awesome looking when fully assembled. Love how much detail was put into this kit, also love how it has some of the cool features that the original one has.

RID Voyager Dreadwing: this figure is just pure win, although he does have some problems, he is just pure awesome. Mech tech weapon is just plain crap.

You are so right on Dreadwing. I find his transformation to be overtly complicated and there's a ton of kibble hanging off in alt mode, but still a very convincing plane. His robot mode is awesome and I really hope they repaint him into Skyquake. As for the mech tech weapons, if they just made the weapon permanently extended, it'd be fine. That big hunk of plastic they have to hold before you extend it out just looks stupid. I do like the fact he comes with a huge sword as well.

RID Voyager Dreadwing: this figure is just pure win, although he does have some problems, he is just pure awesome. Mech tech weapon is just plain crap.

I agree with you on the whole of Dreadwing. I just got him and he's a great figure, but my biggest gripe is with all the rubber fins/stabilizers and such. But they gave him a rigid plastic sword? Okay Hasbro... :roll

As for his cannon, I popped it open, disengaged the spring inside it and then superglued the barrel together, that made it so much better. Now if his peg for it was long enough he could carry it under handed(that might get some work done to it too). It's getting some paint apps as soon as I get some screen caps of DW's gun.

I picked up TRU MP OP and GDO CJ over the weekend. CJ was initially bought cause I was just going to switch heads with RiD CJ but once opened and played with a bit, I like him as is. He's grown on me but I will be looking for another so I can swap heads out with my classics CJ. I did look for FE CJ but all I could find was terrorcon versions over the few TRU's I went to. I'm not huge on that version, but I was keen on them killing CJ either, so in my TFP version, he gets no love.

Optimus is pretty damn sweet, I was on the fence about getting him until I spotted him, checked him out and decided he was a good replacement for my old 25th anniversary OP. I love the engineering on this version with the fold up rifle complete with storage on his back for it and how the power axe fits over his hand instead of having to hid a hand and then attach via the clips to the blunted forearm. It's pretty interesting how is he more complex, yet more simple this time around. Roller is a blast, especially since he can convert to haul the trailer when OP is busy with his leadership role. The mini spike is ho hum but it's a nice add on for the G1 people(along with the entire package). It's stout at hundred bucks but if you have the cash and the want, get it.

$19.95 was a shock for me too. The BX has its perks when they actually have items in stock. Also, maybe I will be able to find a Terrorcon CJ!! I'm learning about these FEs. I didn't know there was a deluxe Starscream. I thought he was always a voyager class.

Last years First Editions

Deluxe:

Cliffjumper

Bumblebee

Arcee

Starscream

Vehicon a.k.a Eradicon which was an Asia only exclusive.

Voyager

Optimus

Megatron

Bulkhead

And the entertainment pack with Optimus Megatron and the kids.

And Hasbro had to go and ruin it by canceling the FE's because they were too complicated for kids to transform.