Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Ok, on Black Friday I bought:

PCC Grimstone and Icepick 2 pack: I already had Icepick, but all the Grimstones at the store were packaged with him, so Bleh. Grimstone looks nice but I haven't popped him out of the package yet so I'll say more later.

Where is everybody finding the Grimstones?

I found mine at Ross, but good luck with that since cashmas is in full swing. The 3-4 that I hit have very little or are bombed out with BH OP or Leader SS.

Saturday I went to the Toys R Us in Modesto and purchased Prime Starscream and Bumblebee.

While both transformed okay, the things I do not like is that Bee's right arm is loose. He does look great is robot form. My problem with Starscream is that his spikes on his knees are also loose. And the missiles since they are rubber are a little deformed. And why the heck did these creators make Starscream so feminine.

If it's a ball joint that's loose on BB, there's a simple and effective fix for it.

Basically, you can buy superglue these days with a "brush applicator", much like nail varnishes have. Just apply a very thin layer of superglue onto the ball part of the joint and wait a few hours for it to cure/dry. After that, put the figures arm back into joint and it will make the arm less loose on him.

Hope that helps

Oh yeah, also I bought Leader Sentinel Prime last week. He's an OK figure, but his transformation really is frustrating due to not wanting to go to together properly... :emo

I got Grimstone at Walmart. He was a black Friday "exclusive". Now I've busted him out of the box I should say something. As individual robots/dinobots they're nearly perfect. Like the long lost Dinobot reinforcements. They're very G1. As the Dino pope he works well, but Steamhammer makes the better PCC Gestalt IMHO. He was worth the cash.

Let my son pick our next bot and he picked Air Raid from dotm. Better than I thought he'd be, but he looks so anorexic.

Saturday I went to the Toys R Us in Modesto and purchased Prime Starscream and Bumblebee.

While both transformed okay, the things I do not like is that Bee's right arm is loose. He does look great is robot form. My problem with Starscream is that his spikes on his knees are also loose. And the missiles since they are rubber are a little deformed. And why the heck did these creators make Starscream so feminine.

My Bumblebee has the exact same problem. Even the same arm! It appears to be that the hinge pin on his shoulder is loose? I'm going to work on him this weekend to see if I can fix the problem because it's super floppy. I'll let you know if I find an easy fix for it.

If it's a ball joint that's loose on BB, there's a simple and effective fix for it.

Basically, you can buy superglue these days with a "brush applicator", much like nail varnishes have. Just apply a very thin layer of superglue onto the ball part of the joint and wait a few hours for it to cure/dry. After that, put the figures arm back into joint and it will make the arm less loose on him.

Hope that helps

Something I found out about on another site is Future Floor polish (found some at Walmart, Pledge brand). You can put a drop in a ball joint and it works great. I used to use clear finger nail polish, but I like this stuff much better. If the nail polish hardens it can wreck the toy, and it's also harmful to paint. These problems don't exist with Future. I would have to keep working in the nail polish, and it would sometimes melt away at the plastic a little. The Future I can just put in a drop, set the toy aside, and later pick it up and move the joint. At first the joint might stick, but it will easily move without causing any damage.

THANKS!! I've always wondered what the floor polish that everyone was so crazy about was exactly. makes sense too. I'll pick some up myself!

Picked up Guzzel and Powerglide the other day. Wasn't going to but almost glad I did. These guys were pretty awesome considering the size and I thought that they were too expensive for the amount of plastic used but I'm loving the engineering that went into both. Thinking I may be missing out on Hatchet!

Also, Junkheap!

Still havn't opened him up yet but he looks pretty cool so far. Just may be Wreck Gar's bike primarily till more are made? Hopefully?

I picked up Guzzle today. He's a great little figure, and is going in with my CHUG collection, not movie bots. One more Wrecker joins the team.

TF Prime Deluxe class Starcream....AMAZING figure....well worth picking up....theres really not much i can say about this guy that hasnt already been said....if you see him and dont have him...get him..you wont regret it....hes great...

Bought HA Tailpipe with Pinpointer last week and finally had a chance to mess about with him last night

Posability of Tailpipe is AMAZING for a scout class figure, his transformation is fairly easy, and the bike mode looks good for a bike TF.

His targetmaster companion that comes with him, is kind of annoying to get into a decent pose due to the way his arms are articulated. Saying that, this little gremlin looking dude is also fun to play with

Can't remember the name of the human that comes with the set, but hes been one of the better ones definitely, with al the normal articulation you get out of HAs, plus swivel wrists on top of that

Definitely a reccommended set! :thumb