Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Yeah, ROTF Bumblebee is a fail figure. And I don't like the headsculpt - it may be screen-accurate, but it looks too "cute". I much prefer the head sculpts on TF1 Deluxe Bumblebees.

I too was bitterly disappointed with Animated Lugnut, but found myself pleasantly surprised with RtS Lugnut. That toy is what the Animated one should have been.

Yeah, ROTF Bumblebee is a fail figure. And I don't like the headsculpt - it may be screen-accurate, but it looks too "cute". I much prefer the head sculpts on TF1 Deluxe Bumblebees.

I too was bitterly disappointed with Animated Lugnut, but found myself pleasantly surprised with RtS Lugnut. That toy is what the Animated one should have been.

Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus as far as the headsculpt goes. *Sigh* he'll likely get sold, or back-shelved, once I acquire a Battle Blade 'Bee.

And with Lugnut...well...I've never owned a single Animated figure. Just not a fan of the aesthetic. I liked RTS Lugnut because he was semi-believable as a regular TF. I could just see him duking it out with the likes of HFTD Highbrow, or other vintage-looking, rivet-covered Autobots. :awsum

While in despair over not being able to find masterpiece Roddy I went ahead and caved in on Exgraver. These guys are most definitely going to be a massive tease to say the least! With every new one we'll see a little more Devastator but will be stuck waiting a crappy long time to see the complete package. GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

He's a nice figure. SOLID AS A ROCK! I've heard lots of complaints over not having this, that, or the other thing but I think it's perfect for what it is and will be. The bot mode has all the crucial elements one should need. Great articulation and transforms nicely and solidly into his beautifully done alt mode. What more do people want? The gravy will be in the combined mode and when everyone has that, almost everyone should be happy!

Price has been an issue, really shouldn't be. Why? Because as soon as all 6 are out and sold out for good the prices will soar! Can't see anyone taking a loss on these in the long run unless the 3rd party market just gets uber-saturated with so many high priced goods that the market can't take them all. With economies struggling, we're seeing that now a bit, but it likely won't last. They'll just sell a bit slower than people are used to seeing.

I say get on these if you have the means. You won't be sorry!

Fast forward a few days, and I found my MP Roddy! I gotta say, even with some of the QC problems fixed, it's still a letdown for the MP line. Grimlock is simply an amazing piece of engineering, and from that to this has to make people wonder what happened.

Now he's an OK figure, don't get me wrong there. But engineering wise, he's not all that much bigger or better than the figures in the human alliance line. The finicky parts are really frustrating to say the least and I think I'm going to stick to keeping mine in bot mode. Too many problematic parts in alt mode that I haven't been able to iron out yet.

I do kinda like how he looks like something out of those old black and white "supercar of tomorrow" shorts. I don't know if those were filmed for documentaries, commercials, or what. Just a bunch of futuristic concept cars done back in the 50's I think.

Offshoot saves the day though. Great little throw in. Best targetmaster ever!

Glad I had the TRU 20% off coupon from their facebook page or I might say it wasn't really worth the price. I paid just over $50 and it's not worth paying any more than that.

It's gonna be a bit of a rest period I think. Unless something new comes out soon, like the Cyberverse Shockwave set, there's not much I'm feeling the need to pick up.

Ultimate Prime - the combined mode is useless.

The box shows him like this

post-14856-087557200 1313113853.jpg

I like him better like this

post-14856-060849500 1313113873.jpg

The BFG he carries is kind of silly too

post-14856-052964300 1313113922.jpg

The regular mode without the trailer is OK, but alt mode with the trailer makes up for everything here.

I cant believe how great a figure Cyberverse Hatchet is. The amount of detail on what is basically a scout is amazing.

Mixed news on my Exgraver. While everything else IS solid...the base of the shovel arm isn't. Mine is cracking as are most peoples from what I hear. Too much tension in the mechanism is ultimately the culprit. The ratcheting parts in there are simply too tight.

Good news for those who may not yet know, TFC will be packing a replacement shovel arm along with the next release. So no worries about having to do anything except wait for the next release. No problems there. For those not buying anymore, though why one would only buy is beyond me, then there will be a way to send away for the replacement.

Nice to know that TFC stepped right up and took action on this one!

I have just been informed that a great member on this board has secured a Lugnut figure for me, so I'm super happy now :yay

"Like"!

Got HA JAzz today at TJ Maxx. ....

... :win :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum

THE MOst awesome HA figure yet!

My two recent transformers, RTS Fallback and RTS Mindset are pretty cool. Although they are just repaints, I appreciate the G1 Homage to Outback. Fallback looks like he belongs in the classics line, kind of like the HFTD Seaspray. Mindset on the other hand wouldn't be so bad, if they had given him a new head sculpt. I really don't like adding "Bayformer" sculpts with my classics line display, but since be falls in the RTS line, I'm adding him. I picked both of these up at a Walgreens by the way!!

I have to agree with Madman1366. I will be keeping my MP Hotrod in Bot mode. Seriously, this is the most frustrating transformer I've owned. It's ridiculous to say the least. I've already had one of the leg panels that rotates break and I I barely used in tension on it. He'll go good with my other MPs, but definitely not worth the $50+'dollars from TRU. I'd say more like $35 to $40. The gimmicks such as the drop down visor are cool. I personally feel the Hotrod to Rodimus Prime mode is worthless. But, in the end, I give them an A for delivering us a Hotrod that didn't cause me to have to sell a kidney to purchase. And to be honest, Grimlock and Starscream are the only two MPs that I transform back and forth. Grimlock is just amazing to me. Megatron is great aesthetically, but of course we all know he's a design FAIL!!!! In the end, if you find a MP Hotrod at TRU, get it, but just be weary of the QC issues and tedious transformation. The instructions are worthless!!!!

Wow... I find Rodimus a lot easier and less frustrating to transform than the Seekers. Though Megatron's the freakin' worst. (-_-) I transformed both Hasbro and Takara Rodimus last night (so I effectively transformed the mould twice)... wasn't so bad. You get used to it after a while. The Seekers I find frustrating cos too much crap pops off when I transform them. Grimlock is definitely the easiest MP by far.

Mindset on the other hand wouldn't be so bad, if they had given him a new head sculpt.

Indeed. Had the head been sculpted to look more like the original Mindset, and if he'd been a Decepticon instead of an Autobot then I would've grabbed this toy. What's the point of homaging the Mindset name if you're not even going to get the faction right?? But that assumes Hasbro knows what they're doing... I mean, this is a company that gave us:

+ A homage to Erector sold as a Decepticon called "Mudflap."

+ An Autobot in the movieverse homaging the Decepticon name Mudflap, even though there was already a Decepticon in the Movieverse with that name (while Paramount may not have known this, they would still have to get everything approved by Hasbro who should have flagged this and asked Paramount to use a different name).

+ An Autobot in the movieverse with the name of a Decepticon named Jolt. Again... Hasbro should've picked this up. Consequently canonical material renamed this character "Dead End," but then Hasbro and made that confusing too. Nuts.

Wow... I find Rodimus a lot easier and less frustrating to transform than the Seekers. Though Megatron's the freakin' worst. (-_-) I transformed both Hasbro and Takara Rodimus last night (so I effectively transformed the mould twice)... wasn't so bad. You get used to it after a while. The Seekers I find frustrating cos too much crap pops off when I transform them. Grimlock is definitely the easiest MP by far.

Well, I've gotten better with Hot Rod's transformation, but for the love of God, I just can't get his hands right!!!!!! I don't even transform Megatron. The seekers are a pain to transform, but like you said, it's mainly pieces that pop off. Now, if I could get a Wheel Jack or Huffer, or Inferno MP, I'd be happy. What gives with them wasting time on a new Optimus Prime!!?

Indeed. Had the head been sculpted to look more like the original Mindset, and if he'd been a Decepticon instead of an Autobot then I would've grabbed this toy. What's the point of homaging the Mindset name if you're not even going to get the faction right?? But that assumes Hasbro knows what they're doing... I mean, this is a company that gave us:

+ A homage to Erector sold as a Decepticon called "Mudflap."

+ An Autobot in the movieverse homaging the Decepticon name Mudflap, even though there was already a Decepticon in the Movieverse with that name (while Paramount may not have known this, they would still have to get everything approved by Hasbro who should have flagged this and asked Paramount to use a different name).

+ An Autobot in the movieverse with the name of a Decepticon named Jolt. Again... Hasbro should've picked this up. Consequently canonical material renamed this character "Dead End," but then Hasbro and made that confusing too. Nuts.

Names are another subject that gets me. I agree with you. At the least, they could have said something on Mindset's bio of maybe "seeing the light" and he switched sides. And my brother hates the fact that they wasted so many Autobots in DotM, with made up names. Q could have been Wheel Jack. Dino could have been Smokescreen, etc. I told him that I believe Dino was a Homage to Enzo Ferrari's son "Dino". But I agree that the names could be better distributed.