Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

You can't really review a figure without opening it. We need to hear things like articulation, play value, etc. We can see how a figure looks in a box at the store or on pics online.

Pics? I haven't actually seen what this version looks like. It has his swords this time, doesn't it?

Hopefully you can see from these why I like this one the best of the three. The chrome is nice and the swords really work for him.

post-14856-026685300 1310686406.jpg

post-14856-079928800 1310686387.jpg

post-14856-093485100 1310686396.jpg

Got leader Ironhide today from TRU.com and it's got it's disappointing bits without a doubt, but he juslt looks so awesome that I forgive them!

One of the most badass looking figures ever just plain standing. Weapon features are all very nice. The stationary head and one shoulder that has the same problem as Sentinel Prime's shoulders only worse is all that really bugs me. To a lesser extent, it would have been nice to keep the face plate down by itself but it's a minor thing.

Sucks, cuz some poses only look good with the head turned the right direction. I may end up modding it if it isn't too difficult.

I wouldn't let the small flaws put anyone off of this guy. He's worth it!

UPDATE: hhhhmmmm...that was easy. Just kept at it with a little elbow grease and got the head turning without surgery.

Hey Madman, how did you get his head to turn. I applied a decent amount of pressure and it's not budging on my figure. I don't want to break it so any tips would be appreciated. He's just out of the box, but I agree. He looks totally awesome just standing there. His gimmicks are pretty cool.

Actually I didn't think mine was going to either. I wasn't trying so much to turn it, just using a small amount of force to push on...kind of like trying to get it to rock a little (forward and back, and side to side) and that apparently broke up the glue inside of it. I did hear an almost scary little crackling, but that was the glue.

Once I felt that it was starting to give a little, that's when I gave it a good turn and that freed it totally.

I guess whether or not this will work for others depends on how far they are willing to keep trying and how much glue was actually used. I could have simply gotten lucky...I don't know. It may help too to keep the figure in a really warm or hot place for a few hours, that could have been a factor as well.

I found another solution online that helped. A blow dryer!!! Just turn a blow dryer on high and focus on Ironhides' neck for about twenty seconds and after a couple of wiggles his head was able to turn. Much better!! I wonder why they decided to glue his head like that? So the wiring to his eyes doesn't get broken? Regardless, Leader Class Ironhide is pretty awesome. I'd recommend him to anybody.

Funny, I was going to suggest that. The room my figures are in gets very hot in the summer, and we've had plenty of hot days so that probably helped when it came to freeing the head on mine.

Pics? I haven't actually seen what this version looks like. It has his swords this time, doesn't it?

Hopefully you can see from these why I like this one the best of the three. The chrome is nice and the swords really work for him.

post-14856-026685300 1310686406.jpg

I really like it with all the weapons from the two figs combined onto one. Really makes him look mean!

So the day before yesterday, I went into Walmart & took a casual look at the Transformers section. Noticing they had both Generations Warpath and Thundercracker, I decided to go look for Wheeljack. When I looked through the Generations figures, they had only one Warpath & Thundercracker, the rest of the figures being Skullgrins & Thunderwings. I don't have Thundercracker, but he's the same mold as the previous classics Seekers & money is really tight for me right now, so I passed him up. However, I happened to notice a Transformer stuffed under the shelf with the MARS Convertors, and it ended up being Wheeljack, which I promptly bought.

Today, I acquired some extra cash & decided to go back for Thundercracker. Of course he was gone, so I briefly considered buying a Voyager Skyhammer (as the Voyagers there were $17.88 or something like that.) I decided to drive all the way to the other Walmart, which is a good 15 minute drive...of course they had *no* Generations figures. I broke down & bought Skyhammer, which ended up being $18.98. Not only did I waste gas, I wasted money on a figure I wasn't that excited about. Damn me & my plastic addiction.

Needless to say, Wheeljack is awesome. A bit shorter than Turbo Tracks & with some tweaks to the transformation, so he really looks like a different mold.

Skyhammer is cool...good articulation & an interesting alt mode (I love helicopters!) However, his non-appearence in the movie leaves me wondering about where in my collection to put him...and also, regretting buying him. I'll have a bit more money coming in soon, though, so perhaps I'll find "The Cracker" then. If I don't...then what Deluxe should I buy next? Skullgrin doesn't appeal to me at all, but Thunderwing seems interesting...but what about DOTM figure? I've briefly considered getting Roadbuster, but I can never seem to find him.

Also, if anyone happens to go to Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls and sees any of the Human Alliance figures other than Bumblebee, and/or(of course) Voyager Grapple, PLEASE pick them up for me! Thanks :)

If you take Wheeljack's heel, turn it around 180 degrees and then angle it down, he's not as aquat as normal and looks a bit better IMO

While on vacation:

Generations Warpath: instantly in my top 5 favorite list. Like everyone said, a near perfect figure.

Generations Blurr: I've heard a lot of complaints about how it "isn't Blurr.". But it is a nice figure so I'm pretty happy.

Generations Seragent Kup: not a fan of how his front end is spring loaded. It makes changing him back to truck a difficult chore. I'm not regretting the purchase, but...

Waiting when I got home:

RTS Battle in Space 2 Pack: honestly knowing it was at home waiting for me motivated buying Blurr and Kup. Which turned out dissapointing because the RTS Rodimus mold just isn't as nice as Blurr and Kup. I'm not going to

mention that other guy in the pack because my son immediately latched onto him and I'm never getting him back.

It's different because RTS Hot Rod isn't a new mold. He's a redeco of Classics Rodimus. The 2010 and 2011 engineered toys are far superior then their predecessors IMO and thats the difference your seeing. Cyclonus is also a redeco of Universe 2.0 Cyclonus.

I really like the deco on my Battle In Space Rodimus. And Cyclonus is one of the greatest deluxe figures of all time. It's that good. Course I haven't had any personal experience with Warpath.

Yeah, I was aware it was an older model. I think if I hadn't immediately compared it to animated Rodimus, Generations Blurr, and Seragent Kup I wouldn't be so disappointed.

Cyclonus is awesome. There's a reason my son immediately latched onto him.