Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

My haul from Kapow Toys arrived today, containing the following:

RTS Grapple: The colours on this guy are nice. His upper arms still have the same problem as Inferno, in that they like to pop off quite easily, but oh well, he's a nice figure and I didin't pay outta my ass to get him

Gens Wheeljack: I don't own Tracks yet, but damn I can't wait to get him!. Wheeljack is just all sorts of awesome and his transformation is actually fun. Oh and by the way, if you turn his heel around 180 degrees, and then position it right he doesn't look so squat, and gives him a little more height.

Gens Kup: This guy's not to bad. Not sure about the way his arms are set up though, and within two minutes of having him transformed into bot mode, his head was removed and replaced with the Igear version. I think it's a little loose for my liking, so I may take it off again, and apply a very thin layer of superglue to thicken it a little. But apart from that, not a bad figure

Gens Thundercracker: Damn that blue's nice. Nuff said

Targetroids set 1 & 2:

Set 1: set one0s Prime vs Megatron. The plastic used on these feels kinda cheapy, and they're not without QC problems. I'm going to have to superglue Megatron's torso halves together to keep them from popping apart, but apart frm that both figures are very posable and quite fun to mess about with

Set 2: Hot Rod vs Starscream. Hot Rod's legs are extremely loose at the balljoints, so will have to attack them with superglue also. But apart from that also a fun set. Starscream¡s arm articulation is a bit hindered due to his nullrays, but that aside he's awesome!

Dotm laserbeak. Kinda rad. Like his mech guns and surprisingly his wings. With his ports..male and female..on his legs and feet,I like how he can attach to other figures. I have him on leader ss palm_arm..need larger decepticons with mech ports on arm! Looking foward to buzz saw

Got leader Ironhide today from TRU.com and it's got it's disappointing bits without a doubt, but he juslt looks so awesome that I forgive them!

One of the most badass looking figures ever just plain standing. Weapon features are all very nice. The stationary head and one shoulder that has the same problem as Sentinel Prime's shoulders only worse is all that really bugs me. To a lesser extent, it would have been nice to keep the face plate down by itself but it's a minor thing.

Sucks, cuz some poses only look good with the head turned the right direction. I may end up modding it if it isn't too difficult.

I wouldn't let the small flaws put anyone off of this guy. He's worth it!

UPDATE: hhhhmmmm...that was easy. Just kept at it with a little elbow grease and got the head turning without surgery.

Hey Madman, how did you get his head to turn. I applied a decent amount of pressure and it's not budging on my figure. I don't want to break it so any tips would be appreciated. He's just out of the box, but I agree. He looks totally awesome just standing there. His gimmicks are pretty cool.

They're not all Transformers, but I have recently acquired some not so recent, figures. My favourites are the original Dinozords and the Dragonzord. Bricks, basically, but enjoyable. The Sabertooth Tiger has the best articulation of the bunch. The Megazord is awesome. And big. In scale with Supreme Starscream big. I'm still trying to gather the pieces, but they are awesome, and I have Titanus on the way.

I've also acquired Armada Unicron. Fairly nice figure, would love to get his brother some day. Mine's missing the wings and Dead End, though that's all he's missing. Armada Tidalwave, missing missiles. Cool. Nice and big, and bolsters my Decepticon ranks. RID Galvatron, missing one launcher/sword hilt and a foot. I love this guy. I also have Energon Ironhide. Decent, but not a keeper for me. He'll be up for sale soon.

The same box that held those four also contained most of RID Optimus Prime's trailer, some of RID Ultra Magnus' trailer, and a bunch of random Gundams that I'm still trying to ID and reassemble. Those will also be up for sale, save for a few chosen as parts-donors for kitbashes.

Got leader Ironhide today from TRU.com and it's got it's disappointing bits without a doubt, but he juslt looks so awesome that I forgive them!

One of the most badass looking figures ever just plain standing. Weapon features are all very nice. The stationary head and one shoulder that has the same problem as Sentinel Prime's shoulders only worse is all that really bugs me. To a lesser extent, it would have been nice to keep the face plate down by itself but it's a minor thing.

Sucks, cuz some poses only look good with the head turned the right direction. I may end up modding it if it isn't too difficult.

UPDATE: hhhhmmmm...that was easy. Just kept at it with a little elbow grease and got the head turning without surgery.

Hey Madman, how did you get his head to turn. I applied a decent amount of pressure and it's not budging on my figure. I don't want to break it so any tips would be appreciated. He's just out of the box, but I agree. He looks totally awesome just standing there. His gimmicks are pretty cool.

Actually I didn't think mine was going to either. I wasn't trying so much to turn it, just using a small amount of force to push on...kind of like trying to get it to rock a little (forward and back, and side to side) and that apparently broke up the glue inside of it. I did hear an almost scary little crackling, but that was the glue.

Once I felt that it was starting to give a little, that's when I gave it a good turn and that freed it totally.

I guess whether or not this will work for others depends on how far they are willing to keep trying and how much glue was actually used. I could have simply gotten lucky...I don't know. It may help too to keep the figure in a really warm or hot place for a few hours, that could have been a factor as well.

I finally found a Classics Galvatron on ebay cheap and got him yesterday. I wont beat that horse, but he looks good enough in bot mode to complete my Generations/RTS TFTM themed shelf.

I got the KREO Sideswipe (the only KREOs I have seen yet are him and Ratchet) and it was fun. I will probably not get more than Prime, Megs, and Starscream though. For the most part I will probably only get them for the Kreons.

On a whim, I picked up the revoltech Predator figure last week at a really cool toy store in Manhattan - Toy Tokyo, if you go to NYC you have to check that place out. There is not a lot of TFs there, but a lot of great vintage stuff. The Predator fig is a great toy. FUlly articulated - as is the case with revoltech - and looks awesome.

Actually I didn't think mine was going to either. I wasn't trying so much to turn it, just using a small amount of force to push on...kind of like trying to get it to rock a little (forward and back, and side to side) and that apparently broke up the glue inside of it. I did hear an almost scary little crackling, but that was the glue.

Once I felt that it was starting to give a little, that's when I gave it a good turn and that freed it totally.

I guess whether or not this will work for others depends on how far they are willing to keep trying and how much glue was actually used. I could have simply gotten lucky...I don't know. It may help too to keep the figure in a really warm or hot place for a few hours, that could have been a factor as well.

I found another solution online that helped. A blow dryer!!! Just turn a blow dryer on high and focus on Ironhides' neck for about twenty seconds and after a couple of wiggles his head was able to turn. Much better!! I wonder why they decided to glue his head like that? So the wiring to his eyes doesn't get broken? Regardless, Leader Class Ironhide is pretty awesome. I'd recommend him to anybody.

DOTM Laserbeak: Alt mode is kind of weak but given there wasn't much to work with I can't blame Hasbro. Beast mode is awesome. Love the articulated neck and jaw. Surprisingly posable and his wing/turbines are great. Half of his mechtech gimmick is pretty awesome (when they combine). Looking forward to HA Soundwave (or even a Scout version of Lazybeak). 3.5/5

Commander (Scout) Hatchet: Really awesome that he's a beast jet. Weird though because in the movie he's a SUV. Regardless, good articulation however some jaw moving would've been nice. Also, his back legs are really hindered by kibbly bits. 3/5

Deluxe class Ironhide, the TRU "scan seris" (i missed out on the HFTD), it's a pretty sturdy figure. Only complaint is the chest..but Hasbro will never get his chest right, it's always loose. :redface Also just ordered Leader class Ironhide! :drool