Sparkless

So during the last few weeks :

Generations Red alert,

HFTD Hailstorm,

ROTF Hoist and Mixmaster 2 pack

RTS Jazz

TRS Tracks

and

RTS Cyclonus and Hot Rod! On this set LOVE LOVE LOVE both figures but I do wish that Rodimus' painted bits on his chest were more prominent...maybe make the dark orange darker and the ligth yellow lighter and that blue painted window I wish wasn't painted at all and was as translucent with maybe blue or yellow translucent windows. I can see the molded seating detail is still there and I've always thought that that part of this mold was clever.

3rd Party anyone? Fansproject? Crazy Dev? Can you make this happen? ^_^

I just came into HFTD Hailstorm and RTS Mindset yesterday, and I am impressed. These are just plain nice little toys. Lovely sculpted details (can't wait to apply some paint to them), killer alt modes, stocky-looking base modes and both modes are armed to the teeth. What more can you ask for?***

I just pretend that Mindset has kept in lock-step with his G2 roots and is a Decepticon. And they fit perfectly well with the Bayverse or the WFC/Generations figures.

(***in the review for Hailstorm, Blitzwing pointed out that, essentially, these two are a size-class too small, and I am in full agreeance. It would have been nice to see these two as Voyager-class figures)

I do wish that Rodimus' painted bits on his chest were more prominent...maybe make the dark orange darker and the ligth yellow lighter and that blue painted window I wish wasn't painted at all and was as translucent with maybe blue or yellow translucent windows. I can see the molded seating detail is still there and I've always thought that that part of this mold was clever.

3rd Party anyone? Fansproject? Crazy Dev? Can you make this happen? ^_^

This is why the Henkei! deco is better. The deco is similar, but the red is much darker, the yellow is gold, the orange is a bit darker, and the shin panels don't look like grey rectangles. But the best part is that it used translucent blue windows. Granted, for $20 I could accept the filler items and the KO like Rodimus just for that Cyclonus... :love :drool Oh, and it probably works okay as a Rodimus to wear the Protector armor in robot mode.

Anyway, today I got Breacher. (curse you Zellers for not having Jazz, Tracks, or Windcharger :argh ) Oh well, this little Scout was one of those I had been meaning to get for awhile now anyway. Apparently his alternate mode is an amphibious APC... Okay, sure, I'll buy that since he's supposed to be buddies with Sea Spray, who's a hovercraft. He's very blue. Could have used a bit more color. His transformation is very complicated for a Scout, but not ROTF Deluxe Rampage/Scout Scalpel want-to-throw-it-against-a-wall complicated. The robot mode is one of the nicest out of the Scouts recently! And just like Skystalker/Sunspot, he's got a clip on weapon to use in robot mode, in this case a double barreled cannon! Sadly, the mounting points on his right fist and vehicle mode turret are loose, and his head is a bit too tight. But overall a nice Scout to go for if you've got a little money to burn.

blue painted window I wish wasn't painted at all and was as translucent with maybe blue or yellow translucent windows. I can see the molded seating detail is still there and I've always thought that that part of this mold was clever.

I remember when Classics Rodimus came out, someone modded the roof to open, G1-movie-style, and painted the interior to match. Looked great. Can't say why Hasbro painted it this time, seems like that would cost more and take away a nice bit of detail.

I picked up RTS Jazz and Tracks as well as finally getting HA Jazz.

HA Jazz

This is just another great HA figure. I hope this line keeps going.

RTS Jazz

Love this figure. His robot mode is classic G1 all the way. The only thing I don't like is how his chest doesn't lock in place.

RTS Tracks

This figure is OK. I don't like his huge backpack in robot mode and his feet are too loose on mine. He doesn't stand up that well.

"small" list-

1. takara animated blackout- love,love, love this figure. the paint is superior to what the hasbro one wouldve looked like. the posability is amazing. its a fantastic figure all around. and well worth the cost of importing it. its size doesnt bother me in the least. the only real gripe i have is pretty much no shoulder spread. other than that i love this figure. really captures the essence of the character well in my opinion. if you dont have him and can afford to import him, go for it...you wont be sorry. im not

2. fansproject munitioner and explorer- excellent interpretations of swindle and blast-off. posable, playable, not at at all as fragile as i thought they where gonna be from some of the things ive read about them. they definitely fit right in with classics/universe/generations/RTS toys. a little pricey for basically scout class figures. but well worth it when you think about all the accessories they include. and to add icing on the cake they finish the most amazing combiner ever. energon bruticus looks great with the add on parts. g1 all the way. my most favorite figure/figures of this year. blows every other combiner out of the water in terms of look and playability. i know everyone is gushing over protector, but this is definitely fansprojects best effort to date. do yourself a favor and pics these guys up. you wont regret it

3. RTS jazz- got the whole first wave of RTS including the RODvsCYCL two pack and i have say jazz is my favorite of the bunch.. but from what i can tell, everyone feels that way, hes amazing. its totally jazz all the way. my only gripe is the same one everyone else has had, his waist doesnt lock in, other than that i love him, favorite deluxe of the year. with the exception of HFTD terradive. hes an amazing deluxe.

4. several revenge of the fallen scouts- all of them are great. simple as that. best scouts weve had in a long time. i got dead end, the motorcycle guy, the scattorshot repaint, and sunspot, all of them are great..

5. HFTD terradive- amazing. love the alt mode, love the robot mode, the trident is spectacular, the posability is spectacular, the character is spectacular, great deluxe all around. go for him as well if you can find him

Instead of buying United Jazz at $30 extra Im just going to get the inevitable Reprolabels fix for it. It'll be much dollar and probably on cost me $5.