Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Scout class Hubcap:

This guy is nice. He also pisses me off. It's not Hubcap himself that makes me mad, it's that more deluxe figures can't be more like him. Lemme put it this way: He uses universal joints for his shoulders and hips. And he's a Scout class. HasTak can fit universal joints this solid on a figure this tiny; there's no DAMN reason for ball joints to be used on major limbs anymore. Here's something else, though: The hips are RATCHETED. It's unreal, his joints are built like he's a Voyager class figure. In fact, upscale this guy up to Voyager size and I'd buy him. Of course, I'd like a few more paint apps, for the feet to have some side to side poseability and for the calf kibble and chest piece to lock into place, but, otherwise, very little else would need to be done to him for him to be one of the best Voyagers in years. It's unfortunate that the chest piece doesn't lock into place, though it does friction into place very nicely and it wouldn't be too difficult to glue some small tabs to Hubcap's back for the hood to rest over, which would work as a nice locking mechanism.

The car mode on this guy is freakin' awesome. The red is a little bland, but who cares? Aside from the GPS infested Laser Rod figures, maybe some obscure G1 figures and one or two Gobots, I don't know of ANY other old timey style car transformer like Hubcap. He's just awesome and he's worth it for the alt mode alone. The excellent robot mode and fun transformation are just the icing on top.

EDIT: Forgot, I also got two other things:

Scout Class Brimstone:

Sexy bike mode, cool, evil looking robot mode. He's neat and I like to fiddle with him, but he's nothing compared to Hubcap who I ADORE.

PCC Bombshock:

The drones don't like to stay on... I alleviated that a little bit by using super glue to thicken the blue pegs. The scout sized dude's decent, though the vehicle mode is tiny and lame. I like the robot mode well enough, he looks very characterful. His tiny head is charming.

The draw of this set for me is the combined mode. Unlike the instructions, I don't peg the thigh part of the commander figure into the hip guards. Instead I use the joint the combination points use to flip out as knees and retain the entire poseability of the legs. I ended up actually chopping off the hip guards so they wouldn't get in the way of the legs. Also, the jeep leg piece, if you use it as the instructions tell you, will flop a lot and ruin this guy's ability to stand. What you should to instead is use his rotating missile rack thing as a pair of toes, which works really well. I actually plan on getting a second of this guy so I can have a symmetrical Bruticus.

• 2 weeks later...

i've had my B'day haul for a couple of days now, so here's my verdict on some new figures of mine:

Warbot defender: A lot better than I expected him to be, and he's gone upto one of my favorite figures I own. Posability is great, balancing issues just aren't an issue really, like most people say they are. I have to disagreee, I've tried several dynamic poses and he's stood just fine

Oh and his copter blade can't break unless you're physically trying to snap it. It's quite bendy but retains it's shape perfectly. So anyone worrying about getting this guy for that reason, put your fears at ease

Classic challenge on cybertron 3 pack: Hmmmm, what to say about it. First off. My Cyclonus was missing the pop joint that holds his arm to the swivel joint on him, meaning his arm was not attached. I've spoken with the company who I bought the set from, and they should be sending me a replacement Cyclonus next week. Hot Rod is OK, he seems a little loose on his roof, which like to spin around, but I think a screwdriver will fix that problem. The one thig I didn't like about him, was the fact that his wings are painted with a very thick yellow paint, and where they snap into his back there is a lot of paint coming off when you turn the wings

And now for Galvy. I need to take a comparison look at him with my universe 2.0 version, as I think his right arm may be miss-assembled. so screwdriver time again if that's the case. Also, he doesn't like to sit together right when in tank mode. he just won't clip together properly. which will probably nmean he's in need of bits being shaved to fit right

Nice set overall, but a bit of a bummer that the QC is not upto my standards

Just receently picked up HA Jazz from my local target. Man has this figure been waaay overdue.

It gives Movie Jazz a proper representation as a figure and it does so splendidly. There really aren't any major issues with this guy as a figure itself, although his rear backpack panel is a bitch to untab from car mode. Plus, some of the gimmicks involving Captain Lennox are kind of weak. (Leg guns? Seriously?) That's really just nitpicking though, and shouldn't turn anyone away from such a wonderful figure. Any self-respecting transfan should pick him up the moment they see him.

Just a word of warning though, be careful with the side windows. The joint they fold on can actually pop out, although, they are designed to pop right back in. Still, handle with care.

Okay, picked up Generations Thrust a few days ago. Not much to say since he's a clone of Classics Starscream, Skywarp, etc. He's a great addition to my classics/Universe collection. Since I'm too poor to buy an exclusive Thundercracker and Dirge, he has to do. I will agree with above post on the plastic color choice. Another weird thing to note is that the "jet" vortex thrusters that are shown on his wings on the packaging pictures, actually come attached to his tail wings in the package. Of course all you have to do is pop them off and move them to his big wings. The instructions say nothing of this however. Good figure to add to your collection.

Okay, picked up Generations Thrust a few days ago. Not much to say since he's a clone of Classics Starscream, Skywarp, etc. He's a great addition to my classics/Universe collection. Since I'm too poor to buy an exclusive Thundercracker and Dirge, he has to do. I will agree with above post on the plastic color choice. Another weird thing to note is that the "jet" vortex thrusters that are shown on his wings on the packaging pictures, actually come attached to his tail wings in the package. Of course all you have to do is pop them off and move them to his big wings. The instructions say nothing of this however. Good figure to add to your collection.

He's not a straight clone of SS and Warp. More a clone of Ramjet if anything else. I dont mind straight repaints like these updates of G1 characters mainly because most of the G1 characters were straight repaints themselves.

Desert Strike Whirlwind Ratchet exclusive variant number 3 can go away tho :P

Legends Ravage, the perfect accessory for your Battle Blades Bumble Bee.

I'll post more of a solid review when I write up my review for Battle Blades Bumble Bee. Basically Ravage is more than a legends toy. Most Legends toys are like cheap cheesy versions of their deluxe and voyager big brothers where as Ravage is is a toy scaled to be in with the deluxe sized toys. What I mean is unlike most legends figures Ravage has all the detail good articulation (could have added a couple more joints but...)and here is the most surprising part: the alt mode, reentry, flight or what ever you wish to call it makes more sense than the one for the deluxe. In fact, it all snaps together in place! Not rolled up into this half baked ball of the deluxe version. It is pretty impressive. Even though the deluxe ravage has more articulation points I prefer this legend for one simple reason, you can recreate the scene in the film where BB rips him apart. IMHO, Ravage could have easily bundled up with Battle Blades Bumble Bee as a display add on piece.

But i don't expect me saying that this toy is cool and worth your $5 bucks so I'll put it in pictures...post-2612-076535500 1282604328.jpgpost-2612-005441400 1282604337.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK, so recently finally got an Animated Arcee, thanks to fellow member JT prime (thanks again dude).

The figure´s better that I expected it to be, and no QC issues. I´m not usre which variation it is, and I don´t care. I´m just glad to finally be the owner of an Animated Arcee :yay

be sure to shave the handles of the swords to be a tiny bit thinner. if you pop them in and out of the hands more than once (even the "proper" way of sliding them in from the top), the thumbs start to show stress marks. irritating to have to take the etra step to keep the figure from eventually losing some digits, but even with thinner handles, she holds the swords well.