Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

All my gen figures had tight joints all round, so I think it's just QC there in yours. Even my Bumblebee's legs are fine in the joints you mentioned.

I love the posability in Prime most out of them all, I've managed some really good poses with him so far, and will hopefully take some pics soon to shove in the action pose thread!

Apart from that I finally found a ROTF Divebomb today in all his Red Baron-esque glory! the figure's suffered slightly from mold degredation, but it's nothing that can't be fixed

Like a lot of people, just nabbed WFC Prime, WFC Bumblebee and WFC Thrust. I was on the fence about all these figures, but I'm mostly pleased. Thoughts:

WFC Prime: The main event here is the transformation. For me, this transformation just hits that sweet spot between being complex and puzzle-like, but not being fiddly, annoying or frustrating. There are no moments when you think you're gonna break the thing, there's nothing that has to be forced or cajoled. It's just solid engineering. The resultant modes are solid, if unremarkable--and here I'm definitely deducting points just because Prime has been done so many times. But overall, I'm extremely happy.

WFC Bumblebee: Less pleased. The robot mode is decent, but the transformation is super annoying, and not all that inspired. Basically, it amounts to shoving everything under the shell that he wears as kibble on his back in robot mode. Worse still, when you're done, there's a small gap between the hood and that shell that shouldn't be there, based on the box picture. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong? Please, someone let me know if I'm missing something.

Generations Thrust: Wow. Just wow. Hasbro's really done a phenomenal job on the color scheme here. The predominant maroon has a metallic sheen to it that really just looks classy, the other colors match it extremely well, and there are tons of painted details. I can't compare it to the Botcon or Henkei, which I don't have, but in isolation, it's well worth picking up. It feels like a love letter from Hasbro to the collecting community.

Opened Warbot Defender today.

He is very impressive. Very posable, great paintjob, the die cast melds into the rest of the figure nicely. It doesnt stick out like a sore thumb or cause it to be too heavy one way or the other. His size is perfect to go in with the rest of my Classics/Universe/Generations. Only weird thing is, what the hell is the extra piece for? He does get a small knock for his footprint being a tad small (mainly the heels are non-existant) but its not a big gripe. 9/10

WFC Prime:

He's a pretty vanilla truck and his robot mode looks nice, although it's a bit too crowded, especially in the shoulders and legs. The transformation is nice, but there's nothing in it that tickles my fancy. I think I'd like it more if he were a size class larger. Too much packed into too small of a package: Everything suffers for the quantity and nothing besides the durability is done exceptionally well. He's good, a solid 8/10, but he doesn't brighten my day, if you know what I mean.

WFC 'Bee:

'Bee is s super sexy little pill bug shaped car. It's sleek and round and fun to roll around. He's a bit of a shell former, but enough happens that it's not boring. Unlike Prime, his transformation is quick and easy while still being intricate and deep. The robot mode is nice and big, although he does look a bit too childlike for my taste with his big, doofy, happy face and his clown shoes and lockdown hands. I think if he had a bit of a furrowed brow he'd look much more awesome. I don't mind his backpack too much, that's how he looked in the game. I just wish that the gap between his chest and backpack had been filled somehow. Over all he's much better than Prime in that he knew what he was going to do and what he wasn't going to do: a much more focused transformer with better results.

HA Jazz:

Jazz has a sexy car mode. Jazz has a sexy robot mode. Jazz has a fucking terrifying transformation. Why? Because his goddamn windshield is the only structural joint between the front/top and back/bottom halves. It's so easy to accidentally put pressure on the windshield that I have to spend more time than I'd like on transforming him just to ensure I don't stress the windshield. Is it as bad as I'm making it out to be? No, the windshield is probably made of decently durable translucent plastic and it's curved, so it's much stronger than just a flat piece. It still worries the fuck out of me. Aside from his transformation, Jazz is amazing. Great articulation, great aesthetics, and a truly novel weapon.

HftD Screamer:

I love this guy. He has a big, heavy jet mode that looks amazing and a big, bulky robot mode that articulates like crazy. His transformation is fun and he's all around satisfying. The only thing I don't like is how the crotch piece connects to the upper body, it wiggles too much and I feel someday, like within two or three years, it will wear out too much and leave his lower body a floppy mess. I'm sure I could fix it, but it's still annoying. Hopefully my fears are unfounded, because he's too awesome.

@Breaker: The extra piece is for mounting him to a flight display base. I can´t remember exactly which one but Vangelus on youtube mentions which one it is in his review for Warbot defender

@Breaker: The extra piece is for mounting him to a flight display base. I can´t remember exactly which one but Vangelus on youtube mentions which one it is in his review for Warbot defender

the base in question is the Bandai Action Base

Me bought Masterpeice Grimlock, and me cant stop talk like Grimlock. me like grimlock dino mode. grimlock have little arms, but only need teeth to fight decepticons. thing me think is wrong with grimlock is he is not big enough to be masterpeice, but me pretend he Henkei Grimlock. also, grimlocks knees are very tight! grimlock suggest grabbing joint firmly to prevent stressing plastic when bending joint. me need to find legends wheelie and wait for Generations Kup (me hope one will be made eventually) to have story time scene. ME LIKE STORY

Ah ok, thanks guys. I just put it in one of the empty spaces on the inside of his leg for storage. It fits in there loosely but its good enough. Thanks for the info guys.

MP Grimlock:

Ok, so after about 20 minutes of fighting the urge to just completely rip the package apart I finally opened MP Grimlock. Seriously Hasbro, when are you going to take Takara's cue and do Masterpiece figure packages the way they do it. I think I had more fun removing all those twist ties Armada Unicron came with compared to trying to free MP Grimlock from his plastic prison. Geez.

Well anyways, I finally remove him from his packaging and holy shit, he is amazing. This is how a MP should be. I think I even like him better than MP Prime. The die-cast and plastic work well with this figure. It doesn't feel top heavy like Prime did, nor does he feel as brittle as Starscream does. I don't have MP Megatron but from what I heard, he is lacking in the die-cast like Starscream.

His light gimmick works for me for those who were wondering. This really is a cool figure. Back into the packaging he goes. I wish Takara or even Hasbro would would sell their MP boxes for better display purposes. I like the clear plastic, but the way he is packaged, the cardboard along the bottom got all creased and slightly ripped when trying to remove him.

My only gripe about the figure was that he isn't bigger than MP Prime. He does fit well with the Classics/Universe/Generations figures though. He is a must have for a Transformers fan. If you must, wait for clearance. Otherwise, get this figure. He really is that good.

WFC Bumblebee:

Aside from having to return the first figure i bought due to his left leg popping off everytime I twisted and turned him, he is a great figure. I love compact transformations (GI Joe Titanium Megatron had one too!)and Bumblebee's altmode is solid. I only wish he was a little shorter than Prime. I will display these WFC figures alongside their Classics Earthmode counterparts.

WFC Optimus Prime:

Looks cool, liking the colors, transformation could have been a little less complex. It took my a little more time than usual to figure it out (I never look at instructions) but once I got the hang of it, he was pretty easy to transform. His head is really small, the figure would have been better if he was voyager size. His poseablity is awesome, not too crazy about his rifle/blaster/cannon whatever. Ranks up there with Bendy Prime as far as one of my favorite Prime deluxes.

Generations Thrust:

I skipped on Classics Ramjet (WTF was wrong with me?) but I picked this guy up with the quickness. I love this seeker mold and the remold wings and conehead look awesome. His colors are a nice touch. This is my first ever Thrust figure, he was the only G1 conehead I never had a chance at getting. My figure suffered from slightly loose hands, but that's an easy fix. Can't wait for Dirge, and I'm going to have to look for Ramjet now...

MP Grimlock:

Ok, so after about 20 minutes of fighting the urge to just completely rip the package apart I finally opened MP Grimlock. Seriously Hasbro, when are you going to take Takara's cue and do Masterpiece figure packages the way they do it. I think I had more fun removing all those twist ties Armada Unicron came with compared to trying to free MP Grimlock from his plastic prison. Geez.

Well anyways, I finally remove him from his packaging and holy shit, he is amazing. This is how a MP should be. I think I even like him better than MP Prime. The die-cast and plastic work well with this figure. It doesn't feel top heavy like Prime did, nor does he feel as brittle as Starscream does. I don't have MP Megatron but from what I heard, he is lacking in the die-cast like Starscream.

His light gimmick works for me for those who were wondering. This really is a cool figure. Back into the packaging he goes. I wish Takara or even Hasbro would would sell their MP boxes for better display purposes. I like the clear plastic, but the way he is packaged, the cardboard along the bottom got all creased and slightly ripped when trying to remove him.

My only gripe about the figure was that he isn't bigger than MP Prime. He does fit well with the Classics/Universe/Generations figures though. He is a must have for a Transformers fan. If you must, wait for clearance. Otherwise, get this figure. He really is that good.

+1

Glad you liked him after all PuertoRiCON! Here's hoping we get ALL of the Dinobots in MP form. Btw: I do hate Hasbro's "security" ties that they have been known for with their Transformer packaging in the last 15 years. Thank God I didn't have this problem with my Takara MP Grimlock. :yay

somehow i doubt the likelihood of all the dinobots getting MP treatment, only a few of us would buy them all, and collectors are in the extreme minority of hasbros consumers in the first place.

about those dang ties, the paper ones are even worse than the twist ties! you cant snap them without possibly damaging the toy as well, so youve got to untie the knots if you dont have a means of cutting them. i use a pair of model kit nippers to free my toys from the vines