Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

I got Tuner Mudflap on clearance for $2. At first I hated him and wished that I had spent the $2 on some gum instead. I'm warming up to this guy, though. I figured out how to collapse his backpack as far as it will go and how to get it to tab onto his neck piece. I didn't like his car mode until I figured out how to set his legs so he could roll. Then I got over my HATE for this figure.

I think what I like most is how most of his transformation joints are pretty weak and floppy (something I will fix), yet he's engineered such that nothing has any leverage on anything else and there's always something small, elegant, and really pathetic looking put in place that magically makes it impossible for this guy to flop around or implode.

What I like least are his damn chest whiskers.

He's by far not one of my favorite figures, but he's pretty cool.

I got my hands on my Hasbro MP Grimlock today, from my brother being kind enough to pick one up while he was at SDCC. No way to tell whether one gets it from SDCC, or TRU once they show up - the TRU exclusive foil sticker is on the box.

Only thing keeping this from complete and utter perfection is that the lights don't seem to work - pulled out the plastic tab, reseated the batteries, will try a new set tomorrow.

One other minor, minor quibble - no chrome dino claws - would have looked better chromed, especially with his chest.

Other than that - the first Masterpiece figure that is easy to figure out the transformation, and he is just so.............MASSIVE! A true and perfect representation of G1 Grimlock. It will NEVER happen, but I would die a happy man if I saw MP Swoop, Snarl, Slag & Sludge.

Overall - 9.8 out of 10. Never been happier with a $70 transformer.

^ How are the joints on his legs? My Takara Grimmy had really weak legs and I had to spend a good deal of time beefing them up.

EDIT: I forgot my new figures. *facepalm*

I got RotF Brawn. He's... Decent, I guess? He's got WAY too much kibble and his hips are really weak. The transformation itself is pretty "meh," although I did like his arms. His legs are just frustrating, especially with his hip kibble. He's hard to hold, boring, and I don't know if I'll keep him. Maybe if I fiddle with him more I'll like him, that certainly happened for me with Universe Prowl, but I'm doubtful.

I also got RotF Deadend. I've had Sideways before, but he ended up being destroyed for... Certain... Reasons I'll not get into here. I remembered loving Sideways except for that damn bright red, so I picked up Deadend. He's awesome. I don't know if it's mine, or if Deadend in general is slightly better quality, but my Deadend stays together much better than Sideways ever did. Also, he rolls much better. Well, "roll" is the wrong term, he drifts very smoothly, which is a cool change of pace from most car transformers. I don't remember Sideways drifting, but he might have.

i got seaspray myself not too long ago, and i am really digging his frogman motif! the scuba tanks on his back, the cables and tubes running along his body, and the sleek design of his robot mode all add up to a totally unique and awesome aquatic themed transformer. ive got mine standing next to wal-mart powerglide. i reeeeeally hope they do a voyager or ultra warpath!

I agree with you 100%!!! As far as a voyager Warpath, that'd be awesome!!! And while we're at it, imwant a voyager Blitzwing!!!

Just got my Masterpiece Starscream Ghost Variant in. Haven't opened it yet. Judging by the pictures on the box, I probably could skipped this one since I already have the G1 paint scheme version. Once I open it, I'll make a final verdict.

^ How are the joints on his legs? My Takara Grimmy had really weak legs and I had to spend a good deal of time beefing them up.

Very good as far as the ratchety-ness of the knees - however, if you widen the stance a bit, his hips can give somewhat easy - I would imagine it could be worked on, but he's also a bit top heavy as well.

HA Jazz.....Dood.....He is amazing. OMG. He's a lil Masterpiece fig for real. the detail is awesome. his transform is simple and fun. back kibble not as annoying as the rest. I so Heart him. Buy it...when you can. Oh....Hubcap is cool too. Yay Hubcap!

Very good as far as the ratchety-ness of the knees - however, if you widen the stance a bit, his hips can give somewhat easy - I would imagine it could be worked on, but he's also a bit top heavy as well.

The knees of my Takara Grimmy were super tight, as well, but the hips and thigh swivels were pretty loose. I ended up shaving a little off the ratchet mechanism because it felt like I would break something I had to use so much force to bend his knees.

i got seaspray myself not too long ago, and i am really digging his frogman motif! the scuba tanks on his back, the cables and tubes running along his body, and the sleek design of his robot mode all add up to a totally unique and awesome aquatic themed transformer.

Tangent on this: favorite aquatic themed TF for me is definitely Energon Mirage. Pure awesome in style, design, and TF scheme.

i got seaspray myself not too long ago, and i am really digging his frogman motif! the scuba tanks on his back, the cables and tubes running along his body, and the sleek design of his robot mode all add up to a totally unique and awesome aquatic themed transformer.

Tangent on this: favorite aquatic themed TF for me is definitely Energon Mirage. Pure awesome in style, design, and TF scheme.

YES pure robot win. ive got Energon Dreadwing, definitely a great toy.

as far as bought and thought, i picked up Generations wave 1 at Toys R Us in the most epic hunt in recent memory, so i will list my take on each figure in short order:

Cybertronian Bumblebee: i like him alot, he feels like a leader class figure in small scale, very intricate, a little bit frustrating transformation with the backpack, but in the end satisfyiing. the only major annoyance i find is the mid thigh hinge joint that is integral to the transformation. it doesnt lock in place in robot mode, so it makes his stance a little floppy. posing is made slightly annoying by this. if you can ignore this small problem, i definitely recommend it

Thrust: the first thing i noticed was the fantastic color choice with the plastic. its deep pearlescent maroon, and feels high quality. the seat under the canopy is chrome and is a tasteful way to make the yellow of the canopy stand out. the paint apps are similarly tasteful and really nice. the retooled parts are great, the only thing weird is the fan parts, which you have to remove and re-attach for transformation. not a pain, but they do look kind of weird sitting on top of the wings. the mold has stood up VERY well, and feels like new, tight joints and no signs of degradation.

DORIFTU-CHAN: SUGOI! KUWAII! SEKUSHI! retardedly awesome. alt mode is big, paint apps are bright and the white plastic does not feel cheap, its nice and opaque, and not bluish looking shock-white, its a very slightly gray tinged warm white that still manages to look bright. anyway, enough about the particulars of white, the transformation is intuitive and smooth, and can be performed without hang-ups. the poseability is as good as you've seen in galleries if not better, minus a waist joint, which is the only knock i have on him. a must have figure for sure!

Cybertronian Optimus Prime: i did a double take when i saw him on the shelf, i couldnt believe the whole series was there! his robot mode is beefy and thick, very gears of war looking. his plastic has flecks of sparkles mixed in, and adds a nice touch when looking at the figure up close. the thing i wasnt prepared for was his incredibly complex transformation! definitely leader class-like in his engineering, i still havent mastered it without the instructions. whereas bumblebees transformation has annoying bits that bump around, Prime just has tons of parts thatfloat around with seemingly nowhere to put them. it feels sort of like the first time you transform Classics Megs. anyway, when its all together you get a rather plain looking compact losenge shaped truck. if this was a voyager i would say the vehicle mode is cool, but it compacts so much from robot mode that it just looks dinky. all things considered, its a great toy anyway, and the transformation is a welcome challenge. the only complaint i have is the hips seem a bit loosey goosey, but that can be fixed.