Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Got a couple of macross toys from BBTS's clearance: Robot Spirits vf-25f and VF100s vf-25g

Haven't messed with the robot spirits one too much yet, but it looks really, really good, especially proportionally. Poseability is excellent, though a few joints need to be tightened. I definitely see my self enjoying this little guy (just wish I had on one of the stage stands for it). My only gripe is that the armor stays on just as badly as the on 1/60 scale.

Then there's the VF100.

It looks just as fantastic as the robot spirits. Posing is pretty good, more so when considering it "transforms" too. Again, a few joints need to be tightened up slightly here and there to work on the fiddliness. As a display piece, all three modes work quite well, though he should have come with an open left hand to cradle his amazing rifle in battroid mode. Surprisingly, the "transformation" is actually one of my favorites points to the figure, as it basically turns the toy into a 3-D puzzle of robotic goodness.

Yet, the parts-forming is also the main issue with this toy. It's not the fact that it part-forms. The problem is that the toy needlessly requires as many part swaps as it possibly can. I don't see any issue in having hinges on the tail fins or having a nose cone that can simply fold over. Instead, almost every piece must be disconnect or replaced. With so many extra bits floating around, it becomes irritating to keep track of them all, even with the packaging that nicely organizes everything. What really gets me is that the gerwalk knees actually come attached to a bonus organizer piece that is used only to keep the two knees together. Why couldn't such organizers be used for all the other parts? Or better yet, why could there not have been a single larger piece to attach everything to?

While not nearly as bad as the revoltech transforming vf-1s, I would be pretty disappointed if I didn't get this thing for what I did. $60 or even higher is ridiculous for the vf100's, but $30 makes for a more justifiable purchase. I would mildly recommend it, but only if you know what you're getting into and you know how to be delicate with it.

In the mail I got the GIJoe 25th Serpentor w/Air Chariot

While I like the retool to the air chariot, Serpentor has to be the first 25th figure that I can honestly say I hate!

What a piece of :poop

I have it set up next to the 86 set and there's no comparison. A friend told me to put the DVD Serpentor on there. I might cause the only thing I like about this version is that the mask comes off. Even that looks more like a raceing helmit then a snake head.

I got the set for $10 shipped. I wouldn't recommend paying any more then that.

The newest figure that I got was Legends Devastator

My verdict is that he's a good figure. Definitely, he's something people should get if they cant afford or dont have space for the supreme class devastator. I like having each part of devastator has a vehicle and robot mode.(I'm sure you heard a million times) The articulation kinda sucks but i'm ok with the articulation. The only thing I really dont like is the hunched look, it's REALLY wrong. So i just give him the look where he's on his 4 limbs.

Overall: He's good

Newest TF figure I got was RotF Skystalker. After a good month of searching, I found it at Walmart for a "reduced" price of $7. I've been wanting it for the fan combined robot modes with Mindwipe, but as time progressed I kind of lost interest, but yet I still wanted the figure. I tried out the combined mode, but didn't like it that much, yeah...but it's a great stand alone figure. Great detail in both modes, and I like the use of the flat black with some gloss black in the paint scheme. The axes are cool, it was nice to include pegs and clips for a variety of weapon wielding. At first sight the head was little whacky, didn't dig the monoeye that much, but as I looked closer, the split between the top black half, and the lower section, the split could very well be two eyes unpainted. Thus making a triple eye little bastard like Mindwipe, and I will always look at it that way...

Anyways, the figure is great with or without Mindwipe, easily a 10 from me...

Finally got around to opening my Bioshock figures Big Sister and Delta

Delta has great detail and is extremelly faithful to his in-game model (hes huge). The inclusion of a second arm to replace his drill is nice. I cant help but think a light behind his helmet would do this figure worlds of awesome. His articulation is crap. Mine is missing a knee joint in one leg (dont know if its supposed to be like that) or its just majorly stuck. Either way, without some added joints on his hips/waist/torso you wouldnt get much posability anyways. The arms likewise hurt for articulation. I give it a 6 just for his posability problems. Get him for a display piece only.

Big Sister is also very detailed and very faithful. Tall, spindly and just wicked looking. She has more articulation in her joints then Delta but its still difficult for her to make many poses due to the weight of her torso and the spindlyness/length of the thighs/calfs without a joint. Again, a red light behind her helmet would be just wicked. A great display piece otherwise. Give her a 7.

Just received both Cybertronian Optimus and Bumblebee from the Generations line. Thanks to the news boards I bought them from TRU.com per the headline from last week...

Wow!

Optimus is VERY intricate to convert and full of amazing details. This figure is very good. My ONLY complaint is he is way to small. The fig would be AWESOME if it were Voayager sized. Didnt Hasbro learn from Classics Prime?

Bumblebee is not as complex as Optimus, but I think he's better. What an AWESOME BB figure. One of my new favorites! Exellent paint apps and packed with details. Car mode is OK. But bot mode is excellent. A very articulated toy.

I recommend both.

As I was reveiwing the instructions (as I keep them with every card back) I noticed something on BBs.

Look at the head. It looks alot like Cliffjumper. And not at all like BB. Are we getting a repaint?

I'll buy one as this figure is simply great.

Now if they could only upsize Optimus...

Ed

RE: Generations Cyb BB and Optimus

I gotta say the plastic on both are very nice.

Optimus has little shimmery specs (similar to Animated Arcee) in the red and BB has a kinda pearlescent yellow. They are both great new figures.

And take a look at Optimus back (under the kibble plate). Is that a "pre" Autobot symbol?

I am already thinking of modding Optimus back kibble... And BBs hands...

Bumblebee is near perfect, though...

Nice job Hasbro! If this is the future of TFs, I'll support it.

Ed

Now I really want mine to arrive damnit! I have to wait till BBTS gets all of wave 1 in though... :emo

Still no wrod on when companies will be sending out then fan's Project Bruticus parts either, which I'm starting to get very impatient waiting on. GRRRR