Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

I bought MP-01 in 2004 and I restrained myself to buy MP-04 for $200. Just because I don't want to spend money for duplication products.

Then, I just found someone who sold me genuine MP-4 (Only) Trailer for $70 :yay

My Verdict: I have an MP-01 Prime. Now I can have a genuine MP-04 Trailer in good condition and nice price without paying for another Masterpiece Prime.. it's 10 of 10 for me....

Came home to find the Revoltech 083 transforming vf-1s. I was really excited for this thing since a week ago I got the revoltech 034 vf-1j in battroid mode, which I was very impressed with, and the Yamato 1/60 scale vf-1s, which I am overwhelmingly impressed and shouldn't even compare a revoltech to it.

To put it bluntly, the 083 vf-1s is a piece of crap and should be avoided, even if you want the novelty of a mini transforming vf-1. It's not the design that's the problem, it's the lack of quality that is dramatically worse than the other three revoltechs I own. The tiny revolver joints in the toy can't hold up any weight at all and causes everything to flop around, and I mean EVERYTHING! The legs flop, the elbows flop, the shoulders flop, the other joints in the shoulder flop. The wings also fall off constantly and the wrists don't stay in position very well either. I can't even look at it without it turning into a rag doll.

Though I only paid $9 brand new for it (plus shipping), this thing is just awful. I hope I can find the time to take each of the joints and tighten them up somehow. Otherwise, I might have to simply display it in fighter mode while I enjoy my yamato valkyrie instead (which I highly highly recommend if you have the cash)

this is a common problem with the Revoltech Valks, unfortunately the QC is a little spotty on them; it looks like you just got a bum one. About the loose revol-joints, you can tighten them temporarily if you squeeze them together at their axis (the circular disc covers on either side) and that should give enough grip to hold a pose, however i cant say for how long it will hold.

about your yamato valk, is it one of the new 1/60 2.0s? those are just stunning! i have an old 1/60 VF-1A, and while its a good toy, it doesnt begin to hold a candle to the new ones!

about your yamato valk, is it one of the new 1/60 2.0s? those are just stunning! i have an old 1/60 VF-1A, and while its a good toy, it doesnt begin to hold a candle to the new ones!

yup, the "do you remember love?" anniversary edition specifically. $170 seems like a lot of money for a toy, but drool worthy doesn't begin to describe it

Came home to find the Revoltech 083 transforming vf-1s. I was really excited for this thing since a week ago I got the revoltech 034 vf-1j in battroid mode, which I was very impressed with, and the Yamato 1/60 scale vf-1s, which I am overwhelmingly impressed and shouldn't even compare a revoltech to it.

To put it bluntly, the 083 vf-1s is a piece of crap and should be avoided, even if you want the novelty of a mini transforming vf-1. It's not the design that's the problem, it's the lack of quality that is dramatically worse than the other three revoltechs I own. The tiny revolver joints in the toy can't hold up any weight at all and causes everything to flop around, and I mean EVERYTHING! The legs flop, the elbows flop, the shoulders flop, the other joints in the shoulder flop. The wings also fall off constantly and the wrists don't stay in position very well either. I can't even look at it without it turning into a rag doll.

Though I only paid $9 brand new for it (plus shipping), this thing is just awful. I hope I can find the time to take each of the joints and tighten them up somehow. Otherwise, I might have to simply display it in fighter mode while I enjoy my yamato valkyrie instead (which I highly highly recommend if you have the cash)

I paid $25 for it and now I'm too afraid to transform it.. I just put it in fighter mode and park it in shelf... It's not revo-poseable either... :redface

I am in a sea of orgasmic pleasure.

I just nabbed HA Barricade. I didn't know it could be this good. ALL TF toys should be this badass. I always look for something to bitch about with any toy I pick up, but HA Barricade can do no wrong, and stands alone as the king of the Human Alliance line. The alt mode is without flaw, the base mode is a shining testament to great engineering. I DO wish the grill morphed/deformed a little more, but...it is capable of more articulation than most photos I've seen of the toy thus far. And his ability to interact with Frenzy actually adds to this particular HA figure, as the various implements were clearly well thought-out, without taking away from either mode.

Were it feasible (and affordable), I would lobby for Hasbro to produce HA figures of all the Bayverse robots that actually appeared in the movie(s). The HA line is THAT good, and Barricade is the epitome of HA goodness.****

In short, HA Barricade has taught me what love is.

I also nabbed Bayverse Lockdown, who is actually a lot better than I thought he'd be...but he is still owned by the Animated version. I hate the rubberized hook, his ugly chicken legs and the fact that his engine/EMP generator is nothing more than an engine resting on his forearm. But his neck articulation is a revelation.

Overall, Bayverse Lockdown has taught me that the $10.99 I dropped on him might have been better spent on TFA Arcee. Not that I've actually seen the toy in a store, but I'm just sayin.'

(***how did they go so miserably wrong with Sideswipe?)

Just nabbed TFA Cybertronian Mode Ratchet...and I want to have its babies. Like 10 or 12 of them.

I've always been a fan of the Animated version of Ratchet (his character--with all its resemblance to Kup-was simply badass), and none of the Animated toys of his character disappointed. But THIS figures bot mode is stunning and proportionate and poseable and stable and is far superior to the earth mode mold. His vehicle mold is okay. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, it's just there, looking like the Emergency! Rescue Turtle. But it does look functional, so I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5. The bot modes gets a 4.5 out of 5, for the following reasons:

1) a swivel joint in the waist would have been nice, but given the engineering in that area, it would probably have made him every bit as fragile as G1 Mirage, so I won't take much from the toy because of that;

2) The shock paddles are to this toy what the stoplight weapon was for TFA Prowl...which means that they are fodder for my junk drawer. It would have been nice if his magnetic manipulators could have been somehow implemented, because I haven't had a chance to see if the add-ons from the Unicron.com accessory set will work with this mold.

Overall though, I know Arcee has been drawing the hype, but this toy is kickass.

I got ROTF Demolisher the other day. I'm surprised with him. I bought him because I had a couple half used gift cards and he was the only thing on the shelves I didn't have. He's easily one of my favorite figures from the ROTF line. It's not because of the robot mode shown on the back, it's because he can turn into so many cool things.

For example, right now I have his wheels in tread form and positioned against his head block and his shovels are facing down so they can be used as legs. He looks like some kind of mining instrument. His treads look like some sort of earth grinder and can be positioned in a multitude of ways.

Also, there's a kick ass bike mode with one tread a wheel and the other a tread. The arms flatten out along his sides and curl up. It looks sweet.

He's almost like how people describe ROTF Soundwave, except better because he has one mode that actually looks like something. He's like a Cybertron construction vehicle (with a fast bike mode for quick transportation) disguised as an Earth construction vehicle, which is awesome.

So, in summary, Hasbro sucks at playing with its own toys. If they had put any thought into what they were actually making, they'd advertise this as a quadruple change, with the two "standard" modes shown on the box and the two modes I talked about.