Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Recently got burning fallen rotf dirge and rotf scout class brake down, Dirge has a unique transfoormation, looks a lttle odd but it grows on you, im glad we fianlly got another conehead. Burning Fallen, is just like the normal fallen...only bruning, the colours work well. I could see it being a younger fallen before his flames were extinguished. And of course theres the scout class brake down, great figure just like most of the scouts, i got a qc issue with the waist on mine though, all floppy nd such but im sure a bit of shaving in the right spots will make it perfect.

Okay I got another bunch in the past few weeks.

Deluxe Ratchet

First I will say I am a ratchet fan and I am biased on this guy. I've been anticipating him for a while. I can deal with the smaller scale. The voyager version was not a bad toy by any means, but this one's robot mode is more screen accurate. The wheel pieces hanging from his hips are the only real out of place thing compared to the cgi model. Granted its all accomplished through shell forming cheats. I love the shoulder pieces the most. The automorph thing for his chest lights is a very nice touch. He has decent posability-but the horrible open hands strike again. At least he can still use his gun though. The little bits that fold out from his arm around the gun are cool. The vehicle mode is where this toy fails. Not only is he the wrong model of hummer, he is kinda small for a deluxe. Also-all the robot mode limbs hang underneath and look really bad. Overall this guy is not for everyone, but is a decent cheaper alternative for those who still need ratchet. (I was trying to be truthful and objective there-This is one of my absolute favorite new toys)

Deluxe Lockdown

This guy is pretty sweet. The vehicle mode looks completely bada$$. Robot mode looks appropriate for the character. His multiple neck joints are just insane in the best way possible. I like the slight bit of asymmetry on the shoulders. His weak points really are the arms. The balljoints are very week, and will pop apart at the slightest touch. You have to transform him just right so they don't fall off. Even then, the elbow on mine still falls off a lot. Also the hook hand is made of a very soft rubber. The only bad points on what would have been a perfect transformer. I am loving the more realistic look as compared to his animated counterpart.

Deluxe Brawn

Vehicle mode is great, and goes well with Ironhide and Scattorshot's overall aesthetics. These three in particular really feel like their own little strike force. I love the cross compatibility with Recon Ironhide's weapons. The transformation is very shellformer, but its not complicated or annoying its pretty smooth. I love that the last bit of transformation is revealing his guns in his hands already. I love his little guns they look so cool. The robot mode is amazing with how much color shows up compared to vehicle mode. This is definitely Brawn's colors. The downfall is that he has kibble EVERYWHERE. You can still get some good possability, but nothing can really hide the kibble. Especially the back wing peices.

Legends Devastator.

I like this guy. A lot. He is even smaller than I had thought, but he's a great fun toy to mess around with. He doesn't have much posability in full combined mode, but I like that with the way the transformation works, you can give him elbows. The face blew me away in person. I didn't know from the pics that all the green behind his eyes and mouth were sculpted bits. Very nice. The Individual robot modes vary , with long haul, overlord, and Scrapper being the best I think. Mixmaster is the worst with the Devastator head hanging off the back. The vehicle modes are all pretty good, could have used more paint apps though. Overall a very cool toy that is more fun than it should be to play around with.

Tuner Mudflap.

What can I say it's mudflap. I always did like the Mudflap mold. I picked this one up mostly to attempt swapping some of the clear blue plastic with the regular one. But now this ones colors are starting to grow on me, so the both may remain as is.

Lastly I was at a goodwill store and found a random Junker Energon hotshot. He is missing his car doors, roof and robot head. But for 50 cents I bought him so energon Hot shot can now powerlink to himself.

Animated Leader Bulkhead

A pretty good figure, great update from the voyager class but still on the short side (only a tad talled than voyager optimus) but good all the same....especially for 30 bucks...just couldnt turn down that offer

ROTF Voyager Bludgeon

An excellent figure, looks different, love the whole skeletal look, possibly the best homage to the G1 bulgeon ive ever seen (retail wise anyway) the sword and wakizashi are a litle soft but are easy to fix, quite possibly my favourite ROTF toy at the moment....there is and issue with the lower half of his righ leg being really loose though...nothin a bit of super glue can't fix

Warbot Defender came in the mail today, and he is awesome. the metal content is really nice, and gives him a somewhat hefty feel to him that just makes you feel like you've got a nice piece in your hands. the paint applications are spot on, all the edges are sharp and there is no sign of overspray at all. the paint on the metal matches up with the plastic color so perfectly, that to discern metal from plastic you have to touch it to notice if the material is cool or not. the accessories although few, are more than enough to make playing with it fun and full of variety in posing options. almost all of the joints are detented and give a satisfying click when posing or transforming the figure. poseability is good, others have mentioned a deficiency in the heel of the figure, and lack of downward movement in the feet, but these problems are easily looked over when viewing the sheer awesomeness of the toy.

the cons, although heavily outweighed by the pros, are still slightly distracting. the transformation between robot and armored car is easy and intuitive, but from armored car to helicopter is a completely different story. the arm transformation is very complicated, and will need several viewings of the instructions to discern the correct positioning during transformation. I'm sure this will become less of an issue as one becomes more familiar with the toy, but its a crazy mish-mash of twists and turns that make 09'leader optimus seem simple by comparison. all said, this is really a minor quibble that doesn't bug me too much.

the price tag, although hefty if this were a mass release toy, is actually quite affordable taking into account the presentation of the piece; very strict QC seems to reign supreme over at Fansproject, and this offering is no exception. however, if its size you're after, it does seem a bit small. personally i find his size a non-issue, but others might disagree.

in closing, id say hes definitely worth the price of admission, and a slick looking add to the collection, especially if you're a fan of the 86 movie bots. now i need my Protector armor for Rodimus! Maybe Fansproject comes up with a decent Kup next? Fingers crossed!

I got the Walmart MP Skywarp Exclusive a few weeks back, haven't really gave it a grade til now.

The box is pretty cool actually, and if you remove the plastic and leave the backdrop and cardboard base, it makes a good display for taking pictures. Skywarp looked small to me when I had him in my hands, but when I got home and took him out he was pretty solid. I transformed him to jet mode and it made up for the small robot mode. Great sculpt and detail overall for both modes. Best of all was he was $30, not too much, though not too little, great haul on my part.

• 2 weeks later...

Mindwipe - Very cool stealth jet mode. The robot mode is creepy, yet cool.

Brawn - Tough looking truck mode. The robot mode is equally tough looking, despite all the kibble. I do kind of wish the pistols could store in robot mode, though.

Lockdown - Very menacing vehicle mode. The robot mode is very tall, lanky, and creepy - perfect fit for Lockdown! Personally, I don't see what people are complaining about with the shoulders, as mine aren't loose and don't pop off very often at all. I would have liked the hook and hand to have been a much stiffer plastic, though.

just got an oldie but a goodie, Universe Repugnus and Overbite 2-pack. i originally wanted it only for the repugnus for a classics monsterbot, but ended up liking Overbite alot more than anticipated.

the transformations are simple and crude, especially overbites, he just splits open and his limbs spill out, then you attach his tail assembly to his arm stump. however simple it may be, it is a pretty graphic transformation, slitting a cyborg shark open to get at his innards. he reminds me alot of the sea themed monster pirates from pirates of the carribean in robot mode, his shark mode is covered in techno-bits and his bot mode looks like hes turning more machine (or animal?) and his body is mutating and contorting into a twisted monster. he has a large toothy evil grin, and his painted eyes stare into your soul. just creepy. all in all an excellent figure, provided you tighten up the joints with some glue.

Repugnus is ok. he is cast in clear red and yellow plastic and bears a slight resemblance to his G1 monsterbot form in alt mode, but the similarities stop there. despite being a simpler basic sized offering, it is still somewhat confusing what you are supposed to do with some of his parts. his joints are a tad loose, but i dont want to ruin the clear look by possibly gunking up the joints with glue. an ok toy, but if you want this set for repugnus, youre going to be a tad dissapointed if you havent had the mold before. however, Overbite shines as the better of the two toys, and i would consider him a must buy if you like aquatic themed and creepy bots.

Just got Breakaway a bit ago. I know hes been out for ages but Ive been wanting to get him ever since the ROTF game came out. Although it doesnt look it, Breakaway actually has quite a bit of charm. One day when I have time Ill paint him and give him a sniper rifle to go along with Sideways.

I also got Marvel Universe Secret Wars 2pk Mr. Fantastic and Ultron. Mr Fantastic is basically the same figure as Nick Fury with different paint. I wish he had some kind of uber bendyness tho. Ultron is FANTASTIC!

Iron Man 2 War Machine. This guy is a beast but check to make sure your paint apps arent messed up. Mine arent but the head sculpt is! The lower part of the left side of his jaw is shaved down smooth, its weird looking but hard to notice unless you really look at it.

Havent gotten anything else really (all those I got a few weeks ago). Im gonna keep a look out for Legends Ravage tho.