Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

just got Universe Dragstrip through a trade with Cybcouncil, i got a great deal considering all he wanted was my Universe Hotshot! anyway, on to the figure:

the yellow red and purple look awesome on this mold, and the generally unmarked paint job really accentuates the car modes graceful lines and silhouette. robot mode while exactly the same as mirage, looks totally different due to paint scheme and color breaks, and comes off looking more menacing, especially with the eyes piped in red. the only bad things i have to say is that there is some slight mold degradation, so it doesn't quite convert as smoothly as his autobot counterpart, but this difference is negligible. definitely recommended, now i need to find me an Overkill!

I have both of them and if you like Dragstrip then overkill will blow your mind.

just got Universe Dragstrip through a trade with Cybcouncil, i got a great deal considering all he wanted was my Universe Hotshot! anyway, on to the figure:

the yellow red and purple look awesome on this mold, and the generally unmarked paint job really accentuates the car modes graceful lines and silhouette. robot mode while exactly the same as mirage, looks totally different due to paint scheme and color breaks, and comes off looking more menacing, especially with the eyes piped in red. the only bad things i have to say is that there is some slight mold degradation, so it doesn't quite convert as smoothly as his autobot counterpart, but this difference is negligible. definitely recommended, now i need to find me an Overkill!

I have both of them and if you like Dragstrip then overkill will blow your mind.

how has his mold held up? im going to get him eventually, but does he suffer about the same mold degradation as dragstrip?

how has his mold held up? im going to get him eventually, but does he suffer about the same mold degradation as dragstrip?

My Overkill is very sturdy. I dare say he feels more well made than my Classics Grimlock. On the flipside my Drag Strip was loose out of the box and kind of felt like Knock Off grade plastic. Love them both but OK is way better.

Received the 1st TFC Toys Gear of War set and got the PE-01 (Rumble) today.

Gotta say both items are dissapointments for me :wat

Starting with GOW set, the launchers while looking good, suck. So much in fact that the black one I received no longer has a spring in it as it came out with the missle. The missles constantly get stuck in the launchers and getting them out is almost impossible without damaging them. The parts for Inferno are decent but they turn him into a parts former and the best ways of handing his issues are not even explained in the manual (I.E. you have to turn his fist a certain way to get his blaster on right. Also the manual tells you to have the ladder hanging off his arm when there is a much better solution connecting the ladder to his back. User reviews really helped out). That being said the Inferno parts do make him a kick ass figure once you figure it all out but they don't justify the price for the set, particularly if the launchers are faulty.

Now onto the PE-01 Shadow Warrior. Now this is my own fault for maybe not investing enough time researching the product but the thing is small. I mean real freakin small. I mean Classics Legends Brawn and Wheelie small. Granted I understand the scale used but the why is the thing so freakin expensive. For the size of what he is getting two that were painted red and blue would have been more of a set to justify the price. His legs pop off a lot as well. Other than that however I love the amount of detail and articulation on the thing. He's a nice figure but let him be damned for being expensive and not turning into a tape.

Maybe I'm just spoiled from the greatness that fansprojects has put out and is about to consume us all with when the Bruticus upgrades come out but I just expected so much more from these sets.

I got Defender Optimus Prime today. I like the idea behind the mold, but I wish there were a way for the torso to snap together. If I'm missing something or if anyone knows of a documented mod to fix this, I'd be extremely grateful. As it is, I'll find some way to fix it. Right now I'm thinking the easiest thing to do would be to make a peg system for the head's hinge. Anyway, I have nicknamed him "Nudimus Prime."

I also got ROTF Deluxe Ratchet. I wasn't expecting to like him and his under kibble isn't as horrible as I though it would be, either.

Animated Arcee.

First off, it isn't exact, but it's the closest thing to G1 Arcee to date, so get her!!!

Lets cover the alt first.

It's really good true to the soure material. The only downsides are that the windshield doesn't lock in place to well, the rear spoiler falls off easy, and the swords don't lock into the holsters.

Otherwise, it's very sleek and even for Animated detailed for what it's supose to be. Completely owns over the bike Arcees.

The robot

For a sword fighter, she's what you'd want. Multijointed arms, and balljointed feet that make for great balance and posing.

3 big problems,

-the hip kibble/details limits the legs a bit

-the knees even though doublejointed they are hindered by the backs of the calves.

-the elbows suffer the same issue getting caught up on the back kibble same as the knees.

Overall though, these are pretty minor issues as the figure can still pull off some pretty awesome poses.

The figure is really nice but still seems unfinished. The arms and legs habe alot of cutaway pieces exposed. Some pannels try to fill in the legs, but it still looks empty, and thats a drawback. Some posing can help with that but still...

Another issue is the back kibble. First off it would have been great if it was multihinged so it would ad to posability, and not hinder the elbows. Next it does not hold the swords well, they sit very loose and will drop out. Lastly are the spoiler halves. They do come off and down the road these will be the expensive chase pieces on ebay I bet.

Since the pieces aren't glued or permanetly fixed, it makes you wonder and wish they went the extra mile and made them versatile as weapons or shields.

The very last thing, would be the thumbs, mine came out of the box with them stressed, just be careful.

I know this may seem like a very negative review, but trust me, I like this figure. even without an automorph, she seems to transform herself. The figure is full of awesome and I've been enjoying posing her around since I opened her. The body and head have a unubstructed feminine look without offering anything overtly womanly (we love you Beast Era Blackarachnia).

I'm only mentioning these things as a heads up. I'm happy to have this figure. If your a Arcee fan(forget G1) she's far superior in posability to the bikes and really makes you hope for a genration/Classics/Universe or whatever the hell they're calling it now version as we now have a template which just needs to be developed...

One up this Has/Tak!

Regarding Defender Prime: I don't know what you're talking about. The torso locks fine. Are you following the instructions?

If you look at the swing bar and the crevice it goes into, you'll see that there's nothing for it to snap into. The only thing, aside from gravity that keeps it in place is the head, which also doesn't lock into place. What I've done to make it stay solid is I glue some stop to the swing bar so it can't rotate all the way into place and I wedge it up against the head's piece. This makes the head not sit flush, but it does make him look more dynamic and he's solid now, so I like it.

I also love how this figure can cross his arms if you don't keep his arms flush against his body.

Animated Arcee.

First off, it isn't exact, but it's the closest thing to G1 Arcee to date, so get her!!!

Lets cover the alt first.

It's really good true to the soure material. The only downsides are that the windshield doesn't lock in place to well, the rear spoiler falls off easy, and the swords don't lock into the holsters.

Otherwise, it's very sleek and even for Animated detailed for what it's supose to be. Completely owns over the bike Arcees.

The robot

For a sword fighter, she's what you'd want. Multijointed arms, and balljointed feet that make for great balance and posing.

3 big problems,

-the hip kibble/details limits the legs a bit

-the knees even though doublejointed they are hindered by the backs of the calves.

-the elbows suffer the same issue getting caught up on the back kibble same as the knees.

Overall though, these are pretty minor issues as the figure can still pull off some pretty awesome poses.

The figure is really nice but still seems unfinished. The arms and legs habe alot of cutaway pieces exposed. Some pannels try to fill in the legs, but it still looks empty, and thats a drawback. Some posing can help with that but still...

Another issue is the back kibble. First off it would have been great if it was multihinged so it would ad to posability, and not hinder the elbows. Next it does not hold the swords well, they sit very loose and will drop out. Lastly are the spoiler halves. They do come off and down the road these will be the expensive chase pieces on ebay I bet.

Since the pieces aren't glued or permanetly fixed, it makes you wonder and wish they went the extra mile and made them versatile as weapons or shields.

The very last thing, would be the thumbs, mine came out of the box with them stressed, just be careful.

I know this may seem like a very negative review, but trust me, I like this figure. even without an automorph, she seems to transform herself. The figure is full of awesome and I've been enjoying posing her around since I opened her. The body and head have a unubstructed feminine look without offering anything overtly womanly (we love you Beast Era Blackarachnia).

I'm only mentioning these things as a heads up. I'm happy to have this figure. If your a Arcee fan(forget G1) she's far superior in posability to the bikes and really makes you hope for a genration/Classics/Universe or whatever the hell they're calling it now version as we now have a template which just needs to be developed...

One up this Has/Tak!

Yea, I just picked up Animated Arcee, too.

Nice figure. I have to immediatly give her points just for being the first (non-repaint) Arcce mold. Ever...

The Pink plastic has nice little shimmer speckles in it and the brown paint (which we saw on the original prototypes) has been replaced with black paint (thank goodness). The brown was terrible...

The car mode is OK and the detachable white spoilers are kinda lame. I've already tossed them in my "bag o parts". Hasbro even took the time to paint them with a splash of silver... I agree about making them more functional. Pistols would have been grand... I feel the front of the car (lower legs) could use some white paint above the tires. To match the car rear...

The Hands are very brittle on mine, too. And the thumb looks like it will eventually crack off. So a word of warning. NEVER "snap" anything into your Arcee's hands. Always slide up from the bottom or slide in from the top. The swords are pretty sweet. But I snapped mine in and I regret it. I think I made her hands more stressed by the "snap". Sliding the swords in will be easier for the plastic...

The bot mode (which we all bought the figure for) is pretty nice. The chest and waist are good. I dont mind the huge bottomless pockets on her belt. It adds to the hips. Lots of ball joints to go around. And my swords snap into the back very tightly. The swords have a nub on the hilt witch snaps into the backpack. The head sculpt is nice. But she has no lipstick and the back of her head is kinda transparent blue. I would have liked a little more white. Yea, the lower legs could have been "filled in" more. But I guess we should be happy with the little folding cover above the foot. And the backpack could have been jointed a little better. I almost feel this figure was kinda rushed. But I still appriciate an Arcee. However flawed she may be.

Score: 8 / 10