Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Quite an eventful couple of days.

Crawling into payday, I got Shadow Warrior on Thursday and Friday found everything I was on the hunt for. Animated Arcee, and Ratchet along with new scouts Scattorshot, Skystalker, Red Baron (that's all I call him!), and Brakedown. Also snagged a Marvel crossovers Iron Man/Spider Man set for $15 on clearance, and picked up the 3 Target titanium exclusives a fellow collector got for me on clearance for $5 each some time ago.

Shadow Warrior- Damn awesome little bugger. Great homage to Frenzy and Rumble while giving it a new badass targetmaster function. My only real problem is with the chest that keeps popping off, otherwise, he's as good as they come on the custom market.

Arcee- Damn near perfection. Could go either way with animated or Universe. Hell, good enough to buy one for each! I think she's everything anyone could ever have wanted in the form of a g1-like Arcee figure.

Ratchet- Just took him out of the package and haven't done much with him yet, but he's pretty cool. Looks like a much younger version of himself which is neat and can sport some spectacular poses himself. If I were low on funds he would have been left behind, but seeing that wasn't the case I'm really glad to have gotten him.

Scattorshot- His Cybertron figure left me feeling sad that what could have been a cool little figure was ruined by a little cheapness. ROTF Scattorshot, cured it! This one was done right and is probably tied for my favorite scout figure of the line thus far along with my next one...

Skystalker- A fantastic creepy looking little buddy to partner with mindwipe and not so surprisingly nice little figure. The feature of plugging him onto Mindwipe's back may be a small one, but I still think it's oddly neat. The snap out axes are amazing, I wouldn't mind seeing more weaponry incorporated into figures like this, that was brilliantly done by Hasbro's part.

Divebomb (Red Baron in my book!)- Looks amazing in the deco but sadly suffers from some degradation flaws. The ends of the lower wings that rather loosely clip the wing parts together hold even worse this time. All you can do really is line them up, don't breathe and hope for the best.

Opened the titanium figs, but seeing they're repaints all I'll say is that they are all very well done and I wish this line didn't end.

The Marvel crossover set- WOW! This thing is really great! Still glad I didn't have to pay full price but a helluva bargain at $15. Both figures look and display very well in both modes. Great articulation for both and very sturdy even with the very light plastic. I'd most definitely recommend picking this one up, especially on the cheap! Check your Targets!!!

I didn't have a problem with my shadw warrior's chest. When I receive my second one I'll let you know if mine has that problem

Did you get the WW Prime repaint titanium? If so if he as floppy as the original?

And which marvel crossover set is that?

Yeah, the titanium Prime is still pretty loosey goosey. Still, something about him in those bold colors just looks so cool to me. It's still a great display piece. I'm just kinda bummed they ditched the display stands the rest came with. That kinda sucks having them for every other figure but these few.

The Marvel crossover set is the Iron Man, Spider-man set that has the combined modes. Right now I just have them suspended from either side of the shelf in bot mode with my computer monitor right in the middle and it looks pretty cool.

I haven't messed around with all the other combinations yet, but I will at some point. I'm gonna look around and see if any more are still around when I get paid this week. With any luck, I'll find another set for even cheaper.

^ You do know the lower wing parts on the Ransack mold peg into his elbows, right? It's quite a solid connection, so it should alleviate any problems you have with the wings.

I know but the peg on the Divebomb doesn't hold in well either. At least not well enough to keep the wings from popping out of shape.

Mine is a pain to get looking straight in plane mode, then it will hold for a bit, and after awhile it starts to get a bit wonky. Should be fine with a minor fix though so I'm not trippin over it.

I picked up Rotf Armorhide today. Another mold I missed out on first time around. Judging from the pictures I have to say I like the colors on this one better. I can't beleive I passed on this mold for so long. Spring loaded shock absorbers, pose-able machine gun, seats in altmode-that become hands-he has so many sweet features. Heck, he even has propane tanks in him. The sculpted detailing is pretty darn good to. All his built in features really don't get in the way of anything either. His only drawbacks are that the front bumper comes off sometimes, and with everything else going on, it leaves his transformation rather simplistic and easy. A great mold, I'm glad I finally have it!

I got Arcee and Ratchet today. They're both OK, but I'm not thrilled with either of them. Ratchet's the best, overall, but Arcee's robot mode is better than Ratchet's.

However, I did pick up Leader Magnus for $10 when I was at TRU. He was clearanced and the packaging was heavily damaged, though the figure was perfect, except for those damn knee caps. Magnus is freakin' AWESOME.

EDIT: I was hoping that since these are so late in the line and Hasbro's had a long time to work on them, the TRU exclusives would have really nice plastic.

WRONG!

Ratchet's ball joints are all ready powdering and getting loose and Arcee's lower left leg is getting floppy.

Such a shame too, because I had started really liking them, too.

And keep in mind, this is from the first damn DAY of having these guys.

My fig is HA Barricade. I love em. I love em even more after I bought a box cutter and sliced those stupid knobs off his hips. lol. He's awesome and a good movie representation. Frenzy's cool too.

Picked up Breakdown. Soon as I opened the package both legs fell off. :redface Matter of fact they fall off alot but they seem to go back on easy enough. Robot mode is nice but the alt mode is where it's at. The details on the thing are great. It amazes me that I have deluxe figures that I've had to paint wheel rim details on that the scouts already seem to have. Considering the latest wave of scouts seemingly having alot of homeages to go bot figures like Spoons and the Buggyman (I swear that who Beachcomber was intended to be) paint this bad boy red with a blue windshield and you would have a great Turbo.

Also picked up the Skystalker scout. Another great little figure. So great in fact I actually picked up three of em to be Mindwipe's minions. Great Robot and Alt modes, nice transformation and neat gimmicks like his axes hiding out in his wings. Only drawbacks are the spring feet and the lamest combination gimmick with Mindwipe since the Safeguard twins from Animated :fail

^ Why is it that everyone knocks on SkyStalker's spring loaded feet? It's not like the springs are powerful enough to topple him, nor do you have to manually spread them whenever you set him down. When you're holding him, it makes him look like he's flying around. It's unnecessary, sure, but it's unobtrusive and works well.

I too got Skaystalker last night. Is it just me or does he take a while to get to stand up?

Also my second shadow warrior arrived today. His left foot wasn't put into the joint properly and the neck of the balljoint was severely bent out of place and broke when i tried putting it back into his leg piece.

I ended up having to shave the part straight, drill a hole into the neck part of the joint and pin it so that it's straight again, then glued it back onto the foot. Once I've repainted it into Rumble I'll put the foot back on... A bit dissapointing that it happened. Bad QC on Perfect effect's behalf. Still love the figure though

I too got Skaystalker last night. Is it just me or does he take a while to get to stand up?

Also my second shadow warrior arrived today. His left foot wasn't put into the joint properly and the neck of the balljoint was severely bent out of place and broke when i tried putting it back into his leg piece.

I ended up having to shave the part straight, drill a hole into the neck part of the joint and pin it so that it's straight again, then glued it back onto the foot. Once I've repainted it into Rumble I'll put the foot back on... A bit dissapointing that it happened. Bad QC on Perfect effect's behalf. Still love the figure though

U have to get SS's feet in the perfect position. As you take them out of the package you slide the foot slighly forward and then the spring feet are a little more sturdy.

And to the previous poster the reason I dislike the spring feet are exactly because of this reason. SS would have alot more posibility in his legs were the spring feet not there. In alot of poses he'll fall over because of them not being flushly against the ground.

just got Universe Dragstrip through a trade with Cybcouncil, i got a great deal considering all he wanted was my Universe Hotshot! anyway, on to the figure:

the yellow red and purple look awesome on this mold, and the generally unmarked paint job really accentuates the car modes graceful lines and silhouette. robot mode while exactly the same as mirage, looks totally different due to paint scheme and color breaks, and comes off looking more menacing, especially with the eyes piped in red. the only bad things i have to say is that there is some slight mold degradation, so it doesn't quite convert as smoothly as his autobot counterpart, but this difference is negligible. definitely recommended, now i need to find me an Overkill!