Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

I got two more Wreckers in the mail today. Topspin and Twin Twist. Both came complete, and with stickers slightly worn. My cousin had these as a kid, but he did what any kid would do, and that was to beat the crap out of them and toss them away. I give them a 6 out of 10.

Liege will give me hell about this.. lol

but in the mail today, arived my first Alternity. It was Silver Prime, simply because he is getting more difficult to find, and I wanted to get it before it goes the way of the red Prime (which i'm tracking down right now). The latest showings of Alternity starscream/Skywarp are sucking me in. They are doing a few things better than the binaltech line did -- the balance of autobots and decepticons; releasing 2 of each mold so that you can display them in both forms without having gone crazy in repaints; and the order of characters being released. I'm beginning to feel like this line will compliment the BT line well, and will not be just a quick series that is gone before it gets going. I still think the BT line has a bit more quality to them. Some of the breaks in panels in the Alternity line irk me - makes it seem more like a toy that transforms instead of looking more like an actual model car (and thus realistic) - but overall, the line is winning me over. I'm on the verge of buying in, and getting caught up.

As Leige pointed out in the past, some of the biggest critics will eventually become some of it's biggest supporters. Well, that amount of support is still a bit away - but I am getting won over.

Also, the IGear Control Panel - for a G1 display piece came in today. Yea yea, i overpaid for it. But I'm into displays, and I think this will be a very nice piece to put in with my G1's. I'll get back to everyone after a bit about whether I had problems putting the walls together like someone else that posted a review of it.

OK.. finally had time to open things up and check them out...

ALTERNITY: I have to say, I'm even less impressed after seeing it. The scale difference bothers me more than I thought it would. And all of the panel breaks really detract from the vehicle mode. Why in the heck, couldn't they keep the quality and scale of the BT, and do everything else right they did?? *heavy sigh* I'm back on the fence about this one - whether I want to invest the buy-in for this line at all.

IGear CONTROL PANEL: The earlier review was spot on. I managed to get past the wall issue - it seems that some of the pieces that are suppose to fit in, are simply not molded well. They had pieces of plastic that I had to shave off with an exacto knife. After that, they fit together much better. It is a tad bigger than I realized it would be (which is nice). I think the overall display will be fairly nice once complete. It's definately going to take a little crazy clue to ensure it's not flimpsy tho. I cannot say enough how CRAPPY the glue on the stickers are. They won't stay on for anything. Going to have to add some adhesive. For all the issues and quality, this thing should have been half the price - hands down. Still when it's said and done, and all the extra work is put into it that a person shouldn't have to do -- i'm going to like the final display product.

MP Skywarp arrived today. :yay

Just as happy with him as I was with my MP Starscream. No mold degradation and in fact, his fingers seem tighter than on Starscream.

Such a cool figure. I hope Hasbro release Thundercracker too

yeah My Hasbro Skywarp is holding up better then any of the other versions of this figure I tried.

Glad your box showed up, told you not to worry.

Also sorry the bonus' weren't in there. I checked the origional box I tried using and sure enough the 3 mini TF skateboards where still in there. Sorry about that.

As for WalWarp. I have him in botmode with the upgrade cape and MP=01 Megatron while holding his crown (Starscream doesn't like him wearing it). Since I recently traded my Greyscream (it's on it's way FF) I took my Takara version and made that my alt mode MP Seeker as it is an awesome jet.

I have no doubt that they will do a Hasbro MP Thundercracker, which is why I've come close, but never ordered it. I can wait. As soon as I get, I won't care about Clear Starscream, Sunstorm, or whover else they can make from this. Unless they do a heavy retool and deliver each unique conehead, I'm done with this figure after the eventual Thundercracker.

I got Human Defiance Barricade today.

His legs are... Weird, and his arms have some hinges that don't make sense, considering there's no reason for them to be there. Part of what makes his legs so odd is a little bit of plastic on each thigh that keep him from being able to use his legs normally, so I ended up modding the thighs for normal movement. However, I love this figure. His alt mode is the most solid of all the HA figures and the robot mode is almost as good as HAmblebee's.

His saw hand is really cool, too. I was annoyed at HAmblebee not having a right hand 'cause I'm right handed, but I have no objection to the left hand being a weapon, especially a cool one.

Overall, he's really solid, especially in alt mode, but you won't like him until you mod his thighs.

Quite an eventful couple of days.

Crawling into payday, I got Shadow Warrior on Thursday and Friday found everything I was on the hunt for. Animated Arcee, and Ratchet along with new scouts Scattorshot, Skystalker, Red Baron (that's all I call him!), and Brakedown. Also snagged a Marvel crossovers Iron Man/Spider Man set for $15 on clearance, and picked up the 3 Target titanium exclusives a fellow collector got for me on clearance for $5 each some time ago.

Shadow Warrior- Damn awesome little bugger. Great homage to Frenzy and Rumble while giving it a new badass targetmaster function. My only real problem is with the chest that keeps popping off, otherwise, he's as good as they come on the custom market.

Arcee- Damn near perfection. Could go either way with animated or Universe. Hell, good enough to buy one for each! I think she's everything anyone could ever have wanted in the form of a g1-like Arcee figure.

Ratchet- Just took him out of the package and haven't done much with him yet, but he's pretty cool. Looks like a much younger version of himself which is neat and can sport some spectacular poses himself. If I were low on funds he would have been left behind, but seeing that wasn't the case I'm really glad to have gotten him.

Scattorshot- His Cybertron figure left me feeling sad that what could have been a cool little figure was ruined by a little cheapness. ROTF Scattorshot, cured it! This one was done right and is probably tied for my favorite scout figure of the line thus far along with my next one...

Skystalker- A fantastic creepy looking little buddy to partner with mindwipe and not so surprisingly nice little figure. The feature of plugging him onto Mindwipe's back may be a small one, but I still think it's oddly neat. The snap out axes are amazing, I wouldn't mind seeing more weaponry incorporated into figures like this, that was brilliantly done by Hasbro's part.

Divebomb (Red Baron in my book!)- Looks amazing in the deco but sadly suffers from some degradation flaws. The ends of the lower wings that rather loosely clip the wing parts together hold even worse this time. All you can do really is line them up, don't breathe and hope for the best.

Opened the titanium figs, but seeing they're repaints all I'll say is that they are all very well done and I wish this line didn't end.

The Marvel crossover set- WOW! This thing is really great! Still glad I didn't have to pay full price but a helluva bargain at $15. Both figures look and display very well in both modes. Great articulation for both and very sturdy even with the very light plastic. I'd most definitely recommend picking this one up, especially on the cheap! Check your Targets!!!

Okay my taxes came back so I got another big haul Here it goes...

Deluxe Wheelie

I kept passing on him over and over till he was gone. Luckily I went to a meijers this week. (BTW if any one still needs any figures from the first few Rotf waves last summer-Every Meijers I went to was loaded with the stuff.) Anyways, I really like wheelie. WAAAAYYY more than I expected to. The head's a little off, but he's pretty darn close to the cgi design. I absolutly love how is vehicle mode is almost a scout size with Giant frakkin tires, and then robot mode is huge. The only complaint with him is the stupid faction changing gimmick is so loose it just swings around and shows whatever it wants. All his joints are solid though.

Marvel crossovers Captain america

Well I bought another one, mostly because I likes the altmode and he was on sale for 11 somethin. Not much to say here. He's got the weird jointing and transforming system as the other marvel crossover figures I've seen, but the robot modes on these are better than the star wars ones in my opinion.

Human Alliance skids

Another solid win for the human alliance line. I could care less about the little mikalea figure. But the rest is win. Much better than the deluxe, and he gets Two hands! The paint apps in robot mode are pretty good. I don't mid the door wings, because he's so cool overall. It's funny how his transformation is bassically backwards from the deluxe. With the arms coming from the front instead of the back. The arcee he comes with is cool to. I didn't think I'd like her, but she's a fun little bot! With Nightbird's head for the win! I'm so hooked on Human Aliiance now it's not even funny.

Activators Fireblast Grimlock.

For what he is he's cool. Mostly Picked him up Becaused I liked the deco. He's an activator so all the obvious drawbacks are there. The only other activator I have is Prime and Grimlock is way cooler than him. Not much else to say.

Scout Scalpel.

I can't win on this guy. The first one I got last summer had broken legs right out of the package so I returned it and said good riddance. I picked up a new one on a whim the other day. And While this one was much more solid then that other one, one of his little clear arms popped off at the elbow while I was opening it. It fell into the depths of my couch and I have yet to find it. So he's a gimp. It's a shame, they shoud have made him a deluxe-because I actually love this little guy. He just could have been executed a little better.

Scout Brakedown

This guy is pure win all around. I have no complaints whatsoever. A perfect scout and a perfect homage! Now if only we could get the rest of the stunticons like this.

That's it for now, but my Wife was shopping with her mom today and called me to see what I needed still. So when she gets home tomorrow I got Skystalker, scattorshot, depth charge, mindwipe, leo prime, and hopefully Human alliance bumblebee (if she could find one)

Quite an eventful couple of days.

Crawling into payday, I got Shadow Warrior on Thursday and Friday found everything I was on the hunt for. Animated Arcee, and Ratchet along with new scouts Scattorshot, Skystalker, Red Baron (that's all I call him!), and Brakedown. Also snagged a Marvel crossovers Iron Man/Spider Man set for $15 on clearance, and picked up the 3 Target titanium exclusives a fellow collector got for me on clearance for $5 each some time ago.

Shadow Warrior- Damn awesome little bugger. Great homage to Frenzy and Rumble while giving it a new badass targetmaster function. My only real problem is with the chest that keeps popping off, otherwise, he's as good as they come on the custom market.

Arcee- Damn near perfection. Could go either way with animated or Universe. Hell, good enough to buy one for each! I think she's everything anyone could ever have wanted in the form of a g1-like Arcee figure.

Ratchet- Just took him out of the package and haven't done much with him yet, but he's pretty cool. Looks like a much younger version of himself which is neat and can sport some spectacular poses himself. If I were low on funds he would have been left behind, but seeing that wasn't the case I'm really glad to have gotten him.

Scattorshot- His Cybertron figure left me feeling sad that what could have been a cool little figure was ruined by a little cheapness. ROTF Scattorshot, cured it! This one was done right and is probably tied for my favorite scout figure of the line thus far along with my next one...

Skystalker- A fantastic creepy looking little buddy to partner with mindwipe and not so surprisingly nice little figure. The feature of plugging him onto Mindwipe's back may be a small one, but I still think it's oddly neat. The snap out axes are amazing, I wouldn't mind seeing more weaponry incorporated into figures like this, that was brilliantly done by Hasbro's part.

Divebomb (Red Baron in my book!)- Looks amazing in the deco but sadly suffers from some degradation flaws. The ends of the lower wings that rather loosely clip the wing parts together hold even worse this time. All you can do really is line them up, don't breathe and hope for the best.

Opened the titanium figs, but seeing they're repaints all I'll say is that they are all very well done and I wish this line didn't end.

The Marvel crossover set- WOW! This thing is really great! Still glad I didn't have to pay full price but a helluva bargain at $15. Both figures look and display very well in both modes. Great articulation for both and very sturdy even with the very light plastic. I'd most definitely recommend picking this one up, especially on the cheap! Check your Targets!!!

I didn't have a problem with my shadw warrior's chest. When I receive my second one I'll let you know if mine has that problem

Did you get the WW Prime repaint titanium? If so if he as floppy as the original?

And which marvel crossover set is that?

Had a great weekend with 3 new figures.

2 of them were on sale at Target!

ROTF Mindwipe

ROTF Lockdown

and ROTF HA(D) Barricade

Wow. Some nice details and sculpting on these new movie figures... (as always)

Barricade is nice. So many sweet details and an awsome car mode. Robot mode needs a little modding, but overall he is nice. Above Sideswipe yet below Bumblebee. It's hard to beat HA BB...

I'm trying to mod his silly blade hand into a gun. Still trying to figure it out...

Mindwipe is OK. Very evil looking. Awesome head! Articulation could be a little better and the wing gimmick is kinda lame. But he has all the basics for a good voyager class Decepticon. The feet are a little unstable, but I use doll stands on my flying figures. And the hands are kinda offset with the dagger feature... I also dont pull out his lower legs from the jet. it reduces the skinny ankle syndrome...

Lockdown is a mixed bag. The amount of sculpting and design in this $9.99 deluxe class figure is simply amazing. I appriciate every detail and every paint application. But the arm kibble is the ONLY flaw on this figure. He is SO ripe to be modded.

If anyone can mod his car parts into armor or wings, let me know.

I'm thinking of using a rotary saw and cutting up the kibble to be more symetrical...

This is one figure all TF fans has to see to beleive. For ten bucks, you cant go wrong...

Wait till you see the triple jointed neck! The long deluxe legs. And the head sculpt...

Ed