Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

Voyager Long Haul - He's bulky. Very bulky. In vehicle mode, anyway. Robot mode does at least attempt to give him some bulk with the front panels wrapping around his legs. I really like the pistons in his elbows, as I can imagine a bot his size needing them to drive his arms!

Voyager Bludgeon - He's got a decent mix of both Universe/Classics and Movie aesthetics. I think the face may resemble a Cybertronian's 'skull', as it kind of looks like what was left of The Fallen's head after Prime ripped his face off. A little less red in his eyes would have helped, too, since there appears to be detail of actual eyes in there. The only real gripe would be that most of his weaponry is made of a soft plastic that easily warps. Though I can sort of understand the katana, since he holds that sucker TIGHT! Overall, a nice addition to a movie or Classics collection!

Legends Devastator - A cheaper, more accurate version of Devastator from ROTF. (not to mention pocket size!) It's all kinds of awesome. 'Nuff said.

Okay I've had these for a bit now, so new toy factor is worn off

Human alliance Barricade.

Due to a combination of money flow and already having deluxes, I had skipped on human alliance so far. Barricade was bought on sight, no questions asked the first time I saw him. Because he's Barricade. This is a pretty Sweet toy. Almost all of his car mode is integrated into his robot mode very well. The head is awesome, and he looks imposing. The transformation is nice in that nothing is finicky or hard to do at all. I really like that you get options for moving his chest bumpers around. The instructions tell you to leave em straight, but you can angle them for more accuracy. The little probe things that come out from under his front end are a nice touch-if not completely screen accurate. It's nice that they are there though. Posability is decent. The only flaw with this guy is the hand. I don't mind his left hand being the saw thing, because it is done really well. But the right hand just sits there-you can't do much with it. Overall this is an excellent figure to have and is light years ahead of his deluxe counter-part. He's sold me on human alliance. Conveniently my wally world just put out a bunch of the other three HA's. Now I just need the cash. It's my understanding that Bumblebee is considered the best of the others so far? It's a toss up for me right now, because I'm really starting to Dig Skidz' robot mode in this line. Decisions, decisions...

Masterpiece Skywarp

My wife bless her heart found him for the thirty dollar clearance for my as a gift. I finally have this mold after all this time. It's a masterpiece figure, So the detailing is excellent. I don't even mind the wings hanging off the hips like I thought I would cuz this jet mode is epic! There's plenty of features in this mode, but I won't get into details because they are all pretty cool. Robot mode is pretty nice too. I like how the front of the nosecone gets hidden away for the most part. The face switching trick is nice, even if it was only because screamer had it. He is smaller than Prime, but not so small that I feel cheated. Pretty good size over all. I have two major gripes with this toy. One is the little parts that go on the outside of his air intakes pop off at the slightest provocation. They go back on fine, but I really feel a masterpiece shouldn't have the parts designed to pop of shtick going on. The other is just the fact that he feels lighter than I hoped. I dont feel like I'm handling a tranformer, it feels like I'm handling a model. But I'm pretty satisfied with him, especially for a thirty dollar price.

Scout Nightbeat.

Another solid scout figure. A cool little car mode and a somewhat menacing robot mode. The lower jaw can be a bit hard to get pulled all the way up. I bought the repaint Because I preferred the colors over dead end. My only problem with him is hasbro's fault. I'm sorry-this just isn't Nightbeat. Still trying to figure out a new identity for him.

Masterpiece Megatron: Yes I finally have him in my hands! This is one hell of a figure. But...He is the most difficult TF to transform I've ever owned, nd the fear of breaking him is extreme. He has so many uber tight joints and they take a LOT of force to move them. I've TF'd him once into gun mode and then back to bot mode again, and that's all will ever be done. He'll never be TF'd again as long as I own him.Apart from that the figure is amazing

Shadow warrior: One of mine arrived, they forgot to package the second. The figure itself is of excellent quality and doesn't feellike it'll fall apart or anything on you. The joints are nice and tight and the ammount of poses you can pull off with this guy is just fantastic. I will say however, the one i received has a pretty sloppy paintjob, especially the yellow parts on it

Superion apendage kit: If you haven't got one alredy, go order one now. It really makes Superion into what he should be

Cool, I'll try that out. I was almost tempted to get that Gears of War set but I find myself at odds with spending money on that add-on kit.

This is presumably going to be my next purchase. If you have the other Universe Bots that can make use of the accessories like Inferno, then the set is worth it because your getting upgrades for so many things. I have the missle that came with the G3 trailer in Sideswipe now and it just looks a little too big and also not cartoon accurate because it's all chrome instead of having the black launcher parts. I could easily paint it but instead of ruining the resale value for the set I would just rather get the GOW set too. Any part by itself isn't worth it but all together their great.

Picked up ROTF Lockdown. TBH an impulse buy just because I saw him on the shelf and that's probably why I'm dissapointed. That and the fact that I believe both of the Animated versions were done much better. He has the worse shoulders on a figure since Universe Hotshot. I can't even move them up and down without the arm popping off the ball joint half the time. When I bought this I believed it to be another repaint of the previous mold but although I commend Hasbro for attempting to do the figure differently this is one of the times I wish they had just used the old one.

I picked up 4 today and 1 the other day.

HA Barricade: Damn this thing is sweet. I think the Frenzy figure could use a repaint. It's a nice looking figure all around.

Mindwipe: Not gonna open this one. The figure looks great in it's stealthy jet mode. Had to snag this one from some dude at the Target I bought him at. He was just scoping the one I had in my hand, and he was digging around to find another. For all I care, I walked away with a gem.

ROTF Lockdown: It's wall candy. Plus, it makes up for my lack of purchasing an animated version. Missed out on that completely.

Deluxe Ratchet: Now, if this were a Voyager, it'd be better. I say that because it's almost movie accurate as far as the shoulders, gun, and legs are concerned. Other than that, it's wall candy.

ROTF Brawn: Nice mold, real menacing in that good guy sort of way. This one is gonna remain wall candy until I find me another one.

BTW, in my other post on the last page, I mentioned that I got a Brave Maximus....well, not anymore. Apparently the seller on E-Bay had it in storage and it got crushed. Still no details on how the figure came out, whether it is intact or not, but he refunded me in full. I'm just sad about it.

Liege will give me hell about this.. lol

but in the mail today, arived my first Alternity. It was Silver Prime, simply because he is getting more difficult to find, and I wanted to get it before it goes the way of the red Prime (which i'm tracking down right now). The latest showings of Alternity starscream/Skywarp are sucking me in. They are doing a few things better than the binaltech line did -- the balance of autobots and decepticons; releasing 2 of each mold so that you can display them in both forms without having gone crazy in repaints; and the order of characters being released. I'm beginning to feel like this line will compliment the BT line well, and will not be just a quick series that is gone before it gets going. I still think the BT line has a bit more quality to them. Some of the breaks in panels in the Alternity line irk me - makes it seem more like a toy that transforms instead of looking more like an actual model car (and thus realistic) - but overall, the line is winning me over. I'm on the verge of buying in, and getting caught up.

As Leige pointed out in the past, some of the biggest critics will eventually become some of it's biggest supporters. Well, that amount of support is still a bit away - but I am getting won over.

Also, the IGear Control Panel - for a G1 display piece came in today. Yea yea, i overpaid for it. But I'm into displays, and I think this will be a very nice piece to put in with my G1's. I'll get back to everyone after a bit about whether I had problems putting the walls together like someone else that posted a review of it.