Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

I picked up Walmart Universe Red Powerglide a couple days ago for $15. It looks better out of the package than the box photos suggest. The colors do make the mold actually look like Powerglide, unlike the general release. I think the shoulders might peg together a little better too. His shoulders are more stable than the first one, but still not quite enough improvement in my book. If anyone has a suggestion for this, I'm all ears. I still find the mold rather lacking, mostly because of the shoulders, but giving PG his proper colors and the price I paid make this version much more palatable than the original release.

I STILL say Powerglide is one of the coolest molds we've had in a long time. I picked him up as well but he's still in package although the bok is pretty craptacular. I have the origional U-PG in my collection and still love the colors. He kinda looks more dynamic that way to me and am only thinking about opening the red PG just because I want to see what he's like in red.

I just picked up Ultra Silverbolt an hour ago from ToysRUs for $15 and I'm soo two ways about him. The mold is cool. Love the jet mode, Love the Robot mode and his well ratcheted parts and have no real problems with him except that the robot's torso is just blaring out from the bottom like ..."Look at me! Look at me!! I just wish that the chest and mid section had at least transformable panels at least to make him seem more like a Transformer. Although, I do feel the nostalgia just pour from this guy. Which makes him ...awesome?...!...?...! I donno. ^_~

Silverbolt is completely awesome - the only Universe Ultra that warrants the word IMO. He's far more evocative of the original figure than PG or Onslaught, has a simple yet satisfying transformation, is impressively large, is stable in both modes. He's the best of the Universe Ultra molds, hands down. The repaints less awesome, because the mold is so obviously Silverbolt that repainting just looks like Silverbolt in other colors, not another character. Powerglide & Onslaught just didn't evoke the originals enough - Powerglide looked somewhat like the original, but the colors were wrong. All Onslaught had going for him was the head, which was why he didn't get bought `til I saw him for $12 at KMart.

Powerglide is a decent figure, apart from the shoulder flaw. I'm just not sure he was worth the original $30 pricetag.

oh oh, my turn!

I think the three universe ultra modes all have their flaws, and each have their own strengths.

Silverbolt is rather nice in both modes, but you can't overlook that its a jet with a folded up robot and a robot with a folded up jet. Homage or not, that seems a tad unacceptable when you compare it to its peers. The electronics are also a bit odd because he's the only figure where the eyes only light up when you transform him. Articulated feet would also have been nice, but that's a bit of a nitpick. He does have a very nice and faithful robot mode with almost flawless proportions. The black on the skyfall repaint doesn't hurt either :thumb.

Onslaught is overall a very imposing figure, which works for the character. However, he doesn't look at all like the source material and has become an original form. But I can appreciate that because the look is successful, imo. I do have a few gripes about him, including his goofy giant fists and broken sound clip, but I enjoy him very much. Just wish he would've came with a big ol' rifle like recon ironhide (or the original onslaught).

Powerglide is a bit more complicated. I love that we have a unique transformation in a plane for once. As much as I like that, I can't help but be a bit confused over the proportions of him. In his defense, he's not nearly as goofy looking in person as photos suggest. I also hated that his feet were sculpted so he couldn't make use of the articulation he has in his ankle. Some shaving fixed that. The colors do bother me. They're just too plain and boring, not to mention his hips and thighs are different colors (wtf is the point of that?). Powerglide just doesn't look as good as either onslaught and silverbolt, but I just can't help but enjoy him the most of all 3. I guess a good transformation scheme and an actual gun mean a lot to me :shrug

I picked up Walmart Universe Red Powerglide a couple days ago for $15. It looks better out of the package than the box photos suggest. The colors do make the mold actually look like Powerglide, unlike the general release. I think the shoulders might peg together a little better too. His shoulders are more stable than the first one, but still not quite enough improvement in my book. If anyone has a suggestion for this, I'm all ears. I still find the mold rather lacking, mostly because of the shoulders, but giving PG his proper colors and the price I paid make this version much more palatable than the original release.

I STILL say Powerglide is one of the coolest molds we've had in a long time. I picked him up as well but he's still in package although the bok is pretty craptacular. I have the origional U-PG in my collection and still love the colors. He kinda looks more dynamic that way to me and am only thinking about opening the red PG just because I want to see what he's like in red.

I just picked up Ultra Silverbolt an hour ago from ToysRUs for $15 and I'm soo two ways about him. The mold is cool. Love the jet mode, Love the Robot mode and his well ratcheted parts and have no real problems with him except that the robot's torso is just blaring out from the bottom like ..."Look at me! Look at me!! I just wish that the chest and mid section had at least transformable panels at least to make him seem more like a Transformer. Although, I do feel the nostalgia just pour from this guy. Which makes him ...awesome?...!...?...! I donno. ^_~

Silverbolt is completely awesome - the only Universe Ultra that warrants the word IMO. He's far more evocative of the original figure than PG or Onslaught, has a simple yet satisfying transformation, is impressively large, is stable in both modes. He's the best of the Universe Ultra molds, hands down. The repaints less awesome, because the mold is so obviously Silverbolt that repainting just looks like Silverbolt in other colors, not another character. Powerglide & Onslaught just didn't evoke the originals enough - Powerglide looked somewhat like the original, but the colors were wrong. All Onslaught had going for him was the head, which was why he didn't get bought `til I saw him for $12 at KMart.

Powerglide is a decent figure, apart from the shoulder flaw. I'm just not sure he was worth the original $30 pricetag.

Well the Walmart version is much better with being true to the original colors of Powerglide and I got mine on clearance for $15 with the other 2 exclusives. I'd say $45 for the 3 is MORE than worth it!

Anyway, I had a rather big day yesterday. Disappointed I didn't find Legends Devy or Arcee, but oh well. I did get HA Barricade, Ratchet, Brawn, SM Sideswipe, and Lockdown. Passed on a lot of clearance stuff though. Man I could get custom fodder all day for MP repaints. Sadly not enough money.

Barricade is simply amazing. No pictures can do it justice. Shoulder gimmick is lame, but good in that if you never use it, you don't really even know it's there. Could be a couple of minor improvements, but no big deal for me.

Deluxe Ratchet is one of my instant favortes. He's Gumby dammit!

Brawn I haven't transformed yet, but my nephew did and all kibble aside I think he's one badass bot! I wouldn't let any negative gripes get in the way of enjoying this fig. Sure, not perfect, but I'd put him in the classics display without thinking twice about it if I felt the need to.

Lockdown kind of bugs me. Yeah he has a more mean and menacing look to him but in bot mode he just feels kinda wrong to me. Really don't like his shoulders or the way his kibble is. The super soft rubber claw doesn't do him any favors. If it was any thinner it would be a rubber band. He's ok, but on a tight budget, he's one I'd suggest to wait on until he's either on sale or when things are quiet and you just want something new to have.

The sideswipe I'm probably just keeping in his alt mode for now. Not crazy about the color of the painted windows. I've got 2 of his mold in bot mode already, so I won't transform him until I put the first one back in alt mode. I just haven't felt like messing with it just yet.

Getting legends Devy tomorrow, and my Mindwipe I'm hoping will arrive on Monday so I'm really looking forward to that.

OK, it's Monday and Mindwipe DID arrive! :cjdance

He's frickin awesome, that's all I can say. His alt mode is simply beautiful with no odd bits sticking out. The bot mode is just wicked cool! Looks like Soundwave's long lost cousin.

If HTS still has them in stock then I highly recommend ordering one. I wouldn't wait unless you're looking forward to some good long hours of driving searching later.

My first time posting in this topic so here we go.....

Gear of War 2 set from Robotkingdom: Picked this up to get the gun for my Henkei Optimus.(Got the G3 trailer so I just kept going with all the upgrade sets). Overall I'm really impressed with the set although I think his gun is just a little too big but it's minor since prime was known to have a BFG anyway. I'll probably like the set even more once I get around to getting Buster Optimus.

Nest Brawn from Target: 50/50 on this figure so far. Overall I like the design but he's just a robot with all his car parts hanging off of him. Got him more for who he's supposed to be than the figure himself.

Burning Fallen from Target: Picked up this guy on clearance for $5.38 and have to be honest, even at that price he's a loser. What a crap transformer. First off he looks like a cross between the Aliens from AVP wearing the Predator's armor and the Cyber Shredder from TMNT back to the sewers (I may have messed the name a bit). His alt mode is crap and his robot mode is only less crapier than the Alt. He doesn't even have a staff for a weapon like in the movie. Just utter garbage and I feel for anyone who paid the full price of admission for him.

ROTF Bludgeon: Great Transformer but his charachter never really appealed to me so I ended up taking him back. Used the money to pay for..

Henkei Megatron: Finally picked him up and I'm glad I finally have him. A great figure and colors look way better than the original classics version. Although his gun mode looks like a Nerf Maverick he still hands down is one of the coolest representation of megs out there.

Scout Class Beachcomber: Great figure. Great G1 homeage to the charachter (once you pop off his guns) and being a scout puts him in great scale with my classic deluxes as the legends always felt a little small in comparison. Here's to hoping for a "Golden Lagoon" repaint. :yay

Henkei Astrotrain: As you can see I've been on a Henkei tear lately trying to pick up some of the older figures I missed. In these colors Astrotrain looks more G1 accurate. The robot and shuttle mode are great, the train mode lacks big time however. Overall still a figure that you should own.

Universe Devastator (RID Landfill repaint): Hands down the cream of my latest hauls. He was pricey for me but worth every penny. I loved the Landfill mode and in the constructicon colors he goes over the top. A little bit of a Rubik's Cube type when trying to figure out his transformations but overall awseome.

you like universe devastator over rotf bludgeon? you're joking right? bludgeon.. liking his character or not, is an awesome figure. his face isn't that great, but both modes are very solid and the weapons are awesome.

Not the Universe Devs based on the Energon toy. This one

post-14663-12659912903171_thumb.jpg

And Bludgeon for me wasn't that great of a figure. Could have been hype but TBH I'm not much fan of too much out of the movieverse anyways. Good figure but when your a little tight on space and have way too much stuff sometimes you have to make cuts.

First time posting. Been a long-time lurker but never registered till a few days ago.

So far my newest figures to my collection are:

Transformers Universe 2008-09 Silverstreak: Great figure, just looks a little odd due to the head just sitting on top of the hood scoop. Kinda gives the figure the long neck look.

Transformers Universe 2008-09 Sideswipe: Another great mold. For me, I see only one flaw and that's the lack of the shoulder cannon that he had in G1. Other than that, it's a lovely shelf piece.

Transformers Universe 2008-09 Sunstreaker: See Sideswipe.

Transformers Movie Bonecrusher: This is actually my second one. I have one still sealed in its package. Can't say I enjoyed this figure much. Bulky, ape-like arms with very limited poseability, shoddy head design without light piping...I dunno. Just seems like a figure that could have used the Voyager size treatment rather than a Deluxe.

Transformers Universe 2008-09 Prowl: I love Prowl. Always one of the Transformers I've grown to like over my time watching the G1 episodes. Like Silverstreak, odd long neck look.

Transformers Classics Ultra Magnus: This was a pain to find on his own. Thank God for E-Bay. He is such an awesome figure. Can't complain. I just need to get the FansProject City Commander set to finish it off now.

Transformers G1 Targetmaster Scoop: I ended up buying this guy after reading The Last Stand of The Wreckers. I looked them up on Wikipedia and started compiling a list of figures to find and purchase to complete a Wreckers line-up. I bought Scoop off of BBTS and Tracer and Holepunch were found on E-Bay. Aside from the basic transformation of the figure, the overall aesthetic look of him is nice. Could use a little more color to define some features. I'll probably be doing that sometime soon. Great start, though, to completing the Wreckers line-up.

Transformers G1 Technobots: I started this out back when I was 7 yrs old. I had Lightspeed and Nosecone at first but I ended up losing them somewhere in my backyard. So 22 years later, I found them all on E-Bay. Lightspeed came without any weapons. All the stickers were still in good condition. His tail end was loose but that didn't matter. Nosecone came complete with no sticker wear whatsoever. Joints were tight. Afterburner was complete also. Tight joints, stickers weren't worn down. Strafe was only missing his pistol. Other than that, he was also in good, tight condition. Scattershot was above all, the best. Stickers were in great condition, all of the Computron parts were present. As their separate pieces, they look sweet. As Computron, they're just an all-around prize to have among my gestalts.

Transformers RID Brave Maximus: Found on E-Bay...COMPLETE! I should also add SEALED to that. I know the real prize would've been the G1 Fortress Maximus but I'm an easy-going guy and I can settle for this.

Hey JT welcome to the boards.

If you look at you Sideswipe on his chest frame, there's a little hole on either side. You can actualy peg his gun into that bit to look like his shoulder cannon. I did that with mine then gave him a pistol from my 2 pack classics megatron