Your newest figures and your verdict

Sparkless

I just got G2 Road Rocket in the mail today. I assumed he would be pretty cool, but not really up to snuff with more recent releases. While I'm not totally blown away by him, he really can hold a candle (pun not intended) to more recent offerings. Hes a weird size class, bigger than a scout and smaller than a deluxe, but since his alt is a bike, he fits with deluxes just fine. His poseability is just fine on average, and his light up gimmick is fun. sounds nice, right? the kicker is I only paid $7 for him shipped and like new! Great price for a solid vintage figure with great play value!

The G2 laser figures where fun. Proof that they can work in cool electronics that aren't offensive taking up excessive room. Alot of the smaller G2 figures where also the start of proper articulation in the world of Transformers.

Got ROTF Combiner Class Devastator on sale ($97 where the RRP is $170). Even at that hefty discount I still feel cheated. :( The vehicles do indeed look too Fisher Price and the actual vehicles' design, engineering and transformations are really simple. It's like, more complex than Happy Meal Transformers but simpler than PlaySkool Transformers. (-_-)

My verdict: don't get this toy. If you really want it, wait until it's more heavily discounted in the future.

Masterpiece Skywarp (US Ver) :yay

I might have thousands of figures in my house but this is my 1st Masterpiece :con

Oh and YES he's worth the $$$ I can honestly say that even before I've had him in jet mode :eek He's just that badass as a robot !!! Everything from how well it's made to the sa-weet colors make this a Decepticon to own.

My only complaints are small. Can't get him to stay on the stand on the clear piece, and those damn clear rubberbands are everywhere !!! THAT and I can't decide which mode to dislay him in :roll

Life's hard...

And Decepticons RULE :lol

The issue of what mode to display him in is the beauty of Greyscream. I have him in jet mode and my other 2 being bad ass robots.

Congrats on your first MP! They're just as addictive as crack, and way more expensive.

Got ROTF Combiner Class Devastator on sale ($97 where the RRP is $170). Even at that hefty discount I still feel cheated. :( The vehicles do indeed look too Fisher Price and the actual vehicles' design, engineering and transformations are really simple. It's like, more complex than Happy Meal Transformers but simpler than PlaySkool Transformers. (-_-)

My verdict: don't get this toy. If you really want it, wait until it's more heavily discounted in the future.

I dont wanna say I told you so, so I'll type it :P

Can't return it and say it was defective can you?

Masterpiece Skywarp (US Ver) :yay

I might have thousands of figures in my house but this is my 1st Masterpiece :con

Oh and YES he's worth the $$$ I can honestly say that even before I've had him in jet mode :eek He's just that badass as a robot !!! Everything from how well it's made to the sa-weet colors make this a Decepticon to own.

My only complaints are small. Can't get him to stay on the stand on the clear piece, and those damn clear rubberbands are everywhere !!! THAT and I can't decide which mode to dislay him in :roll

Life's hard...

And Decepticons RULE :lol

you need to get thundercracker and starscream.. they all REALLY look great together in both modes.

I went to three different wally worlds today, no mp skywarp for me. Nothin else new was out, I'm pretty caught up on figures right now, so i picked up rotf ratchet to replace my rescue ratchet that broke. Kind of a consolation prize to myself. This has always been a solid mold. Not to screen accurate, but very enjoyable. As a nice suprise this mold is still in real good shape. Very tight all around. I don't mind the more subdued colors on this one, but would it of killed em to actually make the tires black instead of grey? That's my only complaint with this guy.

Can't return it and say it was defective can you?

It's okay, I'm happy to keep this toy. I was never expecting it to be great, and quite frankly we're not going to see it sell for any cheaper than this here unless I'm willing to wait a year or so.

$97 is cheap for a Devastator here. Just to give you an idea of how cheap. I went to my local Big W near my home on Wednesday and there were LOTS of Devastators everywhere, but it was still selling at the RRP of $170 so naturally I passed on it. However on Thursday the toy was discounted to $97. That afternoon I _rushed_ to the nearest Big W from my work, arriving at 16:00 and they were all sold out. A staff member I spoke to told me that there were people lining up in front of the store just before opening, and when they opened their doors people came in and cleaned them out. I said some rather bad words and then raced off to the Big W near my home - when I got there, again all the Devastators were sold out! I wanted to fcuking CRY! I then spoke to a staff member who saw I was quite visibly exhausted and upset, so he checked the back room and found one last Devastator that for some reason hadn't been shelved!

So yeah... considering all the effort I went to get it and how I'm unlikely to find it so cheap any time soon, I'm happy to hang onto it. :) The mouth gimmick is lots of fun. ;) I made my first Devastator "Nom Nom" pic.

"Can Devastator Eat A Nerd?!"

nomnom_nerd1.jpg

nomnom_nerd2.jpg

nomnom_nerd3.jpg NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM!

nomnom_nerd3a.jpg