Worst of the worst?

Grimlock-imus Prime

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bothered you the most in ROTF?

• Devastator's "Wrecking Balls"
    • Prime's face fetish
    • Soundwave sounding like Dr. Claw
    • Constructi-Clones
    • The Twins
    • Plot holes
    • *Insert Character Here*
    • Leo Spitz

I finally saw RotF.

Since I wasn't too impressed when I saw the 2007 movie in the theater I decided to save on the admission fee and just save that money for when the DVD was on serious clearance. Recently, I found the DVD for 6 euro's (approx $ 8; normal price is about 15 euro's or $ 20) which, without having seen RotF, I found an acceptable prize. (Now that I _have_ seen it...I kind of want half of my money back.)

This movie simply and plainly sucked. Big time.

It really is beyond me that this movie not only became the second biggest hit of 2009 (in the USA even the biggest, fortunately in Europe Harry Potter beat RotF so I can claim we have better taste :tfevil ), but that people manage to defend this movie and claim it was good.

In retrospect, the 2007 movie has become a good movie.

I wouldn't even know where to begin to identify the biggest flaw with this movie. Besides, most of it has all been said by others, so I'm not going to repeat it here.

But one thing I don't read often did bother me greatly.

The Autobots were several times nothing more than lifeless cars.

When that government prick (wow, original...a government official who acts like a prick and is proven wrong in the course of the movie...) is lead around the base they show a hangar that the Autobots use. And what did we see? Three bikes and some cars. Standing still. Not doing anything. Not even talking. Nothing. Would it really have been so difficult to have some movement here? Ratchet repairing Ironhide, the Autobots with wheel feet (SS and the triplets) racing around practicing moves... something.

Same holds true for when they find Jetfire. Since Autobots don't know anything about ancient Cybertronion the humans realise they have to ask a Decepticon (since...well, according to the hints in the first movie, they have existed for an equal amount of time so they should know sh!t more) and this leads them to the Seeker Jetfire. Jetfire who sports Decepticon symbols uses violence to break out of the hangar, looms over the humans, makes threatening moves, is verbally agressive, and the Autobots...well, they're parked next to this doing nothing. Not protecting the humans, not introducing themselves and giving Jetfire the first ever Cybertronion contact in a long time (of course, with Bumblebee unable to speak and Skids & Mudflap being morons, this might have been the smart thing to do).

And of course the many scenes with Autobots racing over the roads not speaking amongst each other or anything. Just cars on the road. Even when Prime is driving away as fast as he can from Megatron, he's not speaking. Not even contacting his fellow Autobots about requesting backup. Nothing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're both right. There could have been a lot more dialog between vehicles. In the G1 cartoons, you often saw that as the Autobots were driving in vehicle mode. If Spike or Sparkplug were riding inside, lights or a single light would flash indicating the voice was speaking. There was even dialog between seekers in plane mode as they flew in the air.

where's the all of the above choice for this poll?

Archived