HA Skids thoughts...

Amethyst Ed

Hey TFans!

Just picked up HA Skids from my local Walmart...

Nice figure. Smaller than BB and Swipe, but PACKED with incedible little details!

So many awesome little springs, struts and plates! Very nice mold...

But I'm having trouble with his hands...

The way his arms swivel (at the shoulder) his elbow bends with the hands in a constant "palms up" position... I'm looking at the forearm and wrist area to try and mod him to either have fists or even swiveling wrists...

Anyfan have an idea?

This figure is good. But I KNOW we can make him great!

Ed

Hey TFans!

Just picked up HA Skids from my local Walmart...

Nice figure. Smaller than BB and Swipe, but PACKED with incedible little details!

So many awesome little springs, struts and plates! Very nice mold...

But I'm having trouble with his hands...

The way his arms swivel (at the shoulder) his elbow bends with the hands in a constant "palms up" position... I'm looking at the forearm and wrist area to try and mod him to either have fists or even swiveling wrists...

Anyfan have an idea?

This figure is good. But I KNOW we can make him great!

Ed

He has swiveling wrists action... Take a look at peaughs video...

I don't have him here but ther is away to set those metal paws right, as well as transform him without the hands dragging underneith.

I can't recall though without him in hand, just keep playing with him.

One of the best figures of the year though. Leader Prime and the Ha's are a nice way to raise the bar. Hope they keep it up!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:argh I saw HA Bumblebee for the first time in retail today, and i had to pass him up b/c its the end of the month & i dont have enough money left (other than my savings for a place i cant even touch). BUT ium sure i can find one come December 1st. Right?

Oh ya, i dont have any idea of any mods Amethyst, I havent had the luxury of finding a HA until today. And that was no luxury cuz i couldnt get him. I was i think $3 dollars short on hand for BB. BUT i DID get Ice Cream Twins dlx Skids & Mudflap. Plus i have many many MANY Transformers from the whole reg & FAB line of movie '07, and everything sicne i started in the Machine Wars days. 1996 i think. So im not worried, i can always get something i dont have if i need to.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep looking at the elbow and how it naturally bends forward. Then I see those giant open palmed paws bending the wrong way... Arg!

I was thinking to keep his giant fist of doom cannon hand. But I'm thinking of ways to mod the left hand...

Now that we saw some clearer pics of Mudflap, he looks like the same transformation but opposite hands?

Hmmmm...

I could use a hand...

• 4 weeks later...

You'd need to gut the elbow hinge, which would put the durability to shit. I say, just live with it. On the other hand, his limited shoulders are a really easy fix. Between the wheel well and his shoulder, there's a little corner that's blocking the joint on either side. Clip them and you're home free.

I think his shoulder poseability was limited for drop test reasons, not by design. The wiggle in the wheel well can only be explained as a way to accommodate the joint so he has an extra couple degrees of motion when the well hits his body. It's a nice touch, but it's too bad most HAks will never get to use it.

Another worthwhile mod is removing the corners from his roof top hinges so you can fold it into a more complimenting position. You might also try cutting down the plastic in his doors that keep them from swinging down and blocking some of the gaps. That one's a little bit iffy, though, as it ruins the only good way to hold this guy. Fortunately, even if you do the door mod, the doors will still look straight if you retract them in robot mode, so there's no floppy downside.

Archived