The Lone Star State Sighting

DragonX76

Iecently moved from Sugarland (houston basically) but in Htown there is an awseom place off Westheimer called Daves World...Used to get all the vintage/ takara reissues from there when I could. Recently picked up a grey Astrotrain there.

But As for town itself SL is HORRIBLE, you can not go out of the house without seeing a cop. It's not like in houston were there is a wide area to cover (police wise) and they have other things to do, but in SL there are 65K people, and I swear last I went down for a weekend I got pulled over twice, and had the cops called on me and some friends of mine for get this...throwing dirt into a bayu (we were bored). Imagine the most uptight town from 1956 crossed with the community from edward scissor hands, throw in a little Police opression and you have SL. I moved to austin, and will NEVER move back.

I have nothing but praise for Austin, well aside from traffic, but when you can go shopping for tarantula's and go to one place, then look across the street and see another....now thats just cool. I do have to drive a bit to get to a nice TRU, but ce la vie.

I almost went to thirdplanet a while back...but they had closed when I did.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Targets here in Houston have a SWEEEEET sale on all their stuff! Mega's for $13.88, Deluxes for $6.88, and Basics for $4.99. I think Optimus was 30 something and all the Universe figures were 15% off. The sale is good until Saturday I think. Also, TRU has a deal where you buy $14.99 or more in Transformers Energon Figures and you get a free basic.

-Turbine

Found Universe Desert cammo Ruination in Oklahoma City Wal-Mart off of Mac Arthur Ave, They also had some Energon Megatrons and one 20th Prime with the Black gun.

I know Oklahoma city is not in Texas, but maybe someone in North Texas who willing to drive a bit would like to know.

First an update on the TRU sale. The free basic figure is not only offered with $14.99 or up energon figures like it says, but any $14.99 or up Transformers toy. I'm not sure if that applys to reissues though. To check, just scan any transformer under a price check thingy and if "energon promo" flashes, you get a free basic... Just mention it at the counter.

On a second note, my TRU has 4 of the Universe Ramjets with Air Military Team. They have a couple Powerlinx Optimus Powerlinx Jetfires and Tidalwaves from Armada at $20 $15, and $15 respectively. I think they were old stock they just brought out.

Oh, "my TRU" is the one on I-10 at Bunkerhill (right after/before Beltway 8) in Houston.

-Turbine

Hey peeps! my first post here!

Wal-mart at 183 & 620 has there Energon display up, and tons of Megs!(a must get) and 20th primes, just about all new universe too!

and if anyone is interested they had McFarlanes new NBA line, and more lord of the rings stuff....

...till next time, ta ta ;)

Turbine, I picked up the Reissue of Skywarp this weekend, which I am returning later this week due to a glued foot, but the energon sale does apply to the reissues. I picked up the Energon saber with Skywarp for almost free, 1 cent. So yes the sale does apply to anything transformer EXCEPT the gobot line.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone from AUSTIN?? if so anyone hunting for Arcee yet?? Ive been looking but Ive seen that she is one to a case?

Ill post if I find one...

SO I guess No one here is from Austin huh? Oh well I guess I wont bother, but if anyone from San Antonio finds something let me know it's only an hour away!

Archived