The Lone Star State Sighting

DragonX76

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:tfevil Well this post is for you all. I am in need of your imput on a situation I am considering. Well to make a long story short. I relocated to The Big D about a year and a half ago from Austin. I have been considering moving back to Austin for many reasons, but the one that is really getting to me is collecting here sux. When I lived in Austin, I never had a problem finding anything that I was in seach of, or getting a G1 Transformers fix every once in a while from a vintage store, or the Collectors Expo every couple of months. There are many great venues in Austin, that Dallas lacks in the collectors market, or I may not know or be aware of here in the Big D. Your imput will be highly appreciated in this matter. Thanks :tfevil

Well I have some family in Dallas and surrounding towns and I must say while I have never gone looking for anything while visiting there, I have seen a few shops here and there. But I have a biased opinion, I dont like Dallas, nor do I care for Austin, but between the two I would take Austin any day.

I know here in Houston, there are oodles of shops to search around at.

But I know Austin would be more condusive and have more support for things like this due to the colleges and the number of young people there.

But I must say, that all the shops that I have been to here in houston and surrounding towns, there has never been a big assortment of transformers available. The biggest one I have found was a bunch of loose beast wars and RID stuff that looks like came from all the same collection.

Well before I get going on some random tangent that has nothing to do with what you are asking I am going to go ahead and stop.

My advice is Go back to Austin, you will have more fun there.

The only place I've found is in Plano, Tx. It's called Planet Anime but they seriously overcharge on stuff there. I don't really know of anywhere else that sells Transformers merchandise except Lone Star Comics. There should be one close to you but keep in mind they like to go by "book prices".

I never really look for collector's shops though because I do most of my "catch-up" purchases at The Allspark.

There used to be a place in Garland......Toys from the Crypt....that's where I got a lot of my G1 toys back about 7 or 8 years ago, but when I went back a couple years ago it was gone. I think that was the last of the real collector's stores in the area. I could be wrong, but I haven't really found anything.

There's always OTFCC, though.

i live in San Antonio......and G1 figs are few and far between here.

if a comic shop does have any......ur probaly gonna get hosed on the price...hell even back issues of the old G1 marvel series are going for $5 a pop......as oposed to the quarter bins they been sitting in over the last 10 yrs

i go to ebay if i want my G1 fixxx

that or i look for KO's or reissues if i really want to buy one from a store

but seriously........

If i didnt own land here in SA...i'd move there.......if nothing more than for the night life****can u say Atomic Cafe*****

AUSTIN Texas here!!! you know I love Austin, compared to living in Houston for many years., uggg hate Houston! anyway haven't had any prob at all finding TF's except for E Magnus, but I think everyone had that problem.. any way yeah Austin is just so not as busy as Dallas or Houston, and I know some other places to find TF's here! Let's see there's Momoko's, Comic Castle, Expo that happens at least everyother Month or so, and I have a dealer here in Austin, flea Markets you name it we got it.

......Think about it, I know many people who love austin, plus it's such a neat city people are nice!!

The only place I've found is in Plano, Tx.  It's called Planet Anime but they seriously overcharge on stuff there.  I don't really know of anywhere else that sells Transformers merchandise except Lone Star Comics.  There should be one close to you but keep in mind they like to go by "book prices".

I never really look for collector's shops though because I do most of my "catch-up" purchases at The Allspark.

The PA in Plano shut down quite awhile ago. Their prices were terrible anyway. They were "selling" God Ginrai for $150 when you could buy it on their website for $20 bucks.

I don't really have a problem finding anything, but then again I'm pretty patient with my collection.

awww, wow. this thread makes me miss home. i used to live in houston. i worked in a comic and collector's shop called 'third planet comics'. no transformers stuff at my branch (there were two), but there were badly silk screened TF tshirts! :tflaugh it shut down in 2001 though.

Archived