Revenge of the Fallen Blu-ray DVD with IMAX Footage Is WalMart Exclusive

Peter_Van

The IMAX footage that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Director Michael Bay said he would put in the Blu-ray edition of the film will be a WalMart exclusive. "I spoke to Paramount today and here's the lowdown on the Imax TF2 release: Walmart will have exclusive rights on selling the [Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen] (w/ Imax) on DVD and Blu-ray," nelson, administrator of Mr. Bay's official website, writes. The director had previously said in an interview that they are "going to do a special IMAX skew where it�ll open up for those scenes. You can see top to bottom." <br />
Read the Full News Story Here

Gotta love how they do that. Poor completists. Gotta buy the WM copy for the IMAX footage, then buy the Target copy for the transformable sleeve.

Well, all I can say on my behalf is.. :tfsad

Glad I didn't preorder from anywhere, though.

You would preorder a movie hitting retail? I predict WalMart having 2 or 3 displays of this movie.

Well, all I can say on my behalf is.. :tfsad

Glad I didn't preorder from anywhere, though.

You would preorder a movie hitting retail? I predict WalMart having 2 or 3 displays of this movie.

Well, probably not. :P but I gotta find some excuse to find a bright side to this, given I hate buying Wal-Mart exclusives. (and the IMAX footage was something I was looking forward to the most out of the release.)

Was the IMAX footage for the first movie ever released? Was it on the BluRay release?

I dont remember there being "true" IMAX footage for the first film...

Walmart must have paid quite a bit for this exclusive...

Was the IMAX footage for the first movie ever released? Was it on the BluRay release?

I dont remember there being "true" IMAX footage for the first film...

Walmart must have paid quite a bit for this exclusive...

yeah, the "IMAX" cut of the first movie isn't really so much IMAX footage as just a handful of relatively pointless expanded scenes. There's an extra scene with Sam's friend.. i forget his name, the kid with the longish hair from the park scene where he ribs on Bumblebee being an old, "yellow" car before they head to that park, and the scene between Sam and the cop in the police station's a little longer. I don't really remember any extra actual TF related material, though there might have been an extra second or two in a couple of battles. Nothing important and nothing really "IMAX" worthy.

This being a Wal-Mart exclusive means I'll be picking ROTF up at Wal-mart though, i guess as I didn't get around to getting out to the IMAX theater for this one. :shrug:

Is this "IMAX" footage exclusive to the Blu-Ray only or is it also on the two disc "DVD" edition. I don't have Blu Ray, but my DVD player upscales regular DVD's on my 50" plasma. My DVD of the first movie looks great upscaled.

Archived