What do you want the next Transformers series to be based on?

BaCon

Here's a different idea: how about a series where the leaders are NOT named "Optimus" or "Megatron"?!?!?!?

Seriously! Hasbro currently doesn't need to make another Optimus and Megatron for the next series since the current movie franchise will keep the names in use (thus protecting them as trademarks).

I'm all for this. However, my suspicion for years has been that Hasbro is absolutely TERRIFIED of this idea due to the reaction to the ham-fisted, cashgrab way they attempted to change the leaders up the first time on the '86 movie. :lol

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see a "War Within" or "Hearts of Steel" series. Or maybe even a Alternity series or a "Shattered Glass" series where Prime is evil and Megatron was good! It would b e interesting to see. Heck...I'd even settle for a updated CGI version of the orignal G1 series! Would love to see a more serious and tough version of the character Sentinel Prime, pics of him like this from a very creative fan and his fansite:

sp461.jpg

sp2511.jpg

sp281.jpg

sp171.jpg

sp1511.jpg

I kind of think I'd like to see another "Galaxy Force"-esque line. Ditch the cyber key gimmick, and just have sub-groups that fill in the various aspects of TFs over the ages(Cybertronian modes, Earth modes, Beasts, Minicons...) with another exploration theme.

I posted this to ATT a month or two ago, and I think it'll work well to answer this thread:

This is based largely on the fact that I love the Legends class toys. They're compact, inexpensive, fun to fiddle with, and you can display a whole army of them in a small space. So I thought: What if Hasbro made an entire line based around Legends class toys? Similar to Micromasters, but a little larger, and more variety to the transformations. The bulk of the line would be Legends figures, and larger toys would be designed to interact with the Legends figures somehow. There would be some justification for the larger size in every case. The size class used for each character would make sense based on the size of the character and vehicle.

For example, Megatron would be a deluxe tank, with cannons that smaller figures could man, Optimus Prime would be about Robot Master size and have a trailer that became a base for figures. Optimus would of course be redecoed as Ultra Magnus, with a car carrier trailer that could both become armor and hold 3-5 Legends Class cars. Skyfire would be able to carry a couple figures, fulfilling his G1 role as taxi. Astrotrain might have the same capability.

Combiners would be readily affordable at this scale, possibly as a gift set.

Finally, thr "Leader Class" would be renamed Metro Class for this line, because they would be Metroplex and Trypticon, similar in concept to the originals. Metroplex would be designed with alternate transformations in robot mode (similar to Universe Sunstreaker) and alternate city configurations. This would allow a slight retool to be released as Fortress Maximus. Finally, the Metroplex mold would be designed to be linked to itself, so Metroplex & Fort Max (or doubles of each) could form a larger city.

I posted this to ATT a month or two ago, and I think it'll work well to answer this thread:

This is based largely on the fact that I love the Legends class toys. They're compact, inexpensive, fun to fiddle with, and you can display a whole army of them in a small space. So I thought: What if Hasbro made an entire line based around Legends class toys? Similar to Micromasters, but a little larger, and more variety to the transformations. The bulk of the line would be Legends figures, and larger toys would be designed to interact with the Legends figures somehow. There would be some justification for the larger size in every case. The size class used for each character would make sense based on the size of the character and vehicle.

For example, Megatron would be a deluxe tank, with cannons that smaller figures could man, Optimus Prime would be about Robot Master size and have a trailer that became a base for figures. Optimus would of course be redecoed as Ultra Magnus, with a car carrier trailer that could both become armor and hold 3-5 Legends Class cars. Skyfire would be able to carry a couple figures, fulfilling his G1 role as taxi. Astrotrain might have the same capability.

Finally, thr "Leader Class" would be renamed Metro Class for this line, because they would be Metroplex and Trypticon, similar in concept to the originals. Metroplex would be designed with alternate transformations in robot mode (similar to Universe Sunstreaker) and alternate city configurations. This would allow a slight retool to be released as Fortress Maximus. Finally, the Metroplex mold would be designed to be linked to itself, so Metroplex & Fort Max (or doubles of each) could form a larger city.

:love it.

:love it.

Me too :love friggin sweeeet idea man!

I voted twice ...G1 AND movie verse toon like Clone Wars or so, but the toy concept here just kicks ass. Although it would be nice to have them have articultion like gijoe rather then legends. They could do it. Come on Hasbro ...read this man!

Archived