Pet Peaves about some figures

Superconductor

When a retarded gimmick inhibits a dude from being awesome.. that pretty much makes up all the deluxe/scouts of Cybertron, Energon Autobots, and dudes like Armada Smokescreen/Sideswipe .. same could be said for the first run Movie Leaders. I hated that lever in the chest ..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When a retarded gimmick inhibits a dude from being awesome.. that pretty much makes up all the deluxe/scouts of Cybertron, Energon Autobots, and dudes like Armada Smokescreen/Sideswipe .. same could be said for the first run Movie Leaders. I hated that lever in the chest ..

as opposed to the levers int the ROTF leaders?

honestly, gimmick ruined figures are far beyond peeves and have gone into the category of sins against humanity.

All of the above, but I really hate arms that only bend in towards the waist - Voyager Long Haul, deluxe Soundwave. I know if you rotate the arm you can get them to bend their arm up (away from the body), but him holding out the palm of his hand is not very menacing.

as opposed to the levers int the ROTF leaders?

honestly, gimmick ruined figures are far beyond peeves and have gone into the category of sins against humanity Cybertronity.

FIXED, I think?

Not a fan of repaint syndrome---which in this case for me is when the mold is looser than it was in whatever the first color run of the toy was. Case in point---red Walmart Powerglide. Those stupid wing tabs are even looser than they are on the grey one!

Fixed em with nail polish, for now.

Of course, there are other symtoms of this syndrome, such as identity crisis, such as Nightwatch Prime for instance, or even Shadow Blade Megatron. Not a fan of repaints with the same name slapped on the toy.

Gimmicks that activate the features a toy should have anyway, e.g. Cyber Keys and Mini-Cons used to reveal a missile launcher. Mini-Cons I can understand as many people collect them and they have some play value, but when a button can accomplish the same thing and look better aesthetically than having a goofy-looking key sticking out, it should be a no-brainer.

I'm sure I can think of some other pet peeves (the beast legs/arms as robot legs/arms comes and goes), but my biggest is the waist of Energon Storm Jet. That stupid nosecone will not stay tabbed into his waist, even after some trimming and nail polish.

Also, the right shoulder on my animated Magnus is loose beyond all reason and it drives me crazy.

Electronics of any sort in Transformers. Remove the lights and sounds and save a little money. Plus, no unsightly speakers or hug chunks of non-transforming plastic to house the electronics. See Energon Shockblast's right arm.

Worse, those things often weigh down the part with the electronics in it, limiting the poses you can display in.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, figures with electronics should come with batteries packed on the side ALWAYS because it pisses me off when they skimp on that, or worse yet, repaint a figure, strip the lights and sounds, and jack the price up $3-$5!!!

mind it as much.. it's a free pair of batteries.. whenever i run out of batteries i just get one of my leader/ultra class figures and.. problem solved.

and plus.. i'm sure without the lights and sounds they would still charge just as much.

All of the above, but I really hate arms that only bend in towards the waist - Voyager Long Haul, deluxe Soundwave. I know if you rotate the arm you can get them to bend their arm up (away from the body), but him holding out the palm of his hand is not very menacing.

i think that if they're going to make arms like that.. they NEED to give the hands the ability to swivel.

What always gets me is the extreme looseness in joints that keep them from standing sometimes at all,.but i also don't like the parts that always popoff no matter what,.

you'd think after all this time,.they'd think of a way to fix all of that,.recolors or annoying to me,.they could atleast change head molds or something.

Archived