Pet Peaves about some figures

Superconductor

Oh boy do I have a ton of these :fire

- Sideswipe's torso......WHY DON'T YOU JUST STAY TABBED!

-Optimal Optimus' arm plates, mainly because I popped myself in the eye one time thanks to them exploding apart.

-Animated Leader Megatron's legs, awesome figure but his legs just look....wierd, they aren't straight which slightly diminishes the toy.

-Animated Lockdown's hands, that was just lazy of Hasbro, is it that hard to make his hands unfold to a forward position? :doh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ that reminds me of a great peeve. Figures that have lazily added extra plastic for reinforcement that blocks the intended movement of another part. I assume lockdown's hands are a result of that, as is the problem with universe ironhide. ROTF breakaway's neck also comes to mind

Oh here's a few more (I'm actually going through some of my figures just to find things to complain about) :yay

- When a figure is so loaded with gimmicks that the toy itself fails. COUGHdevastatorCOUGH

- Ice Cream Twins hood, no matter how many times I securely latch it, it always seems to pop loose the next day by itself.

- Optimus Prime's identity crisis.

I am Optimus Prime!

Wait am I Optimus Prime?

I'm pretty sure I am Optimus Prime.

Yes I am definatley Optimus Prime

I AM Optimus Prime

Yes, figures with electronics should come with batteries packed on the side ALWAYS because it pisses me off when they skimp on that, or worse yet, repaint a figure, strip the lights and sounds, and jack the price up $3-$5!!!

-distain-

Yes, figures with electronics should come with batteries packed on the side ALWAYS because it pisses me off when they skimp on that, or worse yet, repaint a figure, strip the lights and sounds, and jack the price up $3-$5!!!

Actually I thought my Universe Countdown was broken when I got him because I didn't realize the batteries weren't included!

Anyway my biggest pet peeve in TF figures are the ones that are a frustrating mess of panels...basically half the movie line! TF's should be fun, not work.

I cracked open my Dropshot today ( Universe repaint of CD Scattershot)and was reminded of both my love of the figure and my

utter confusion as to why they would design him with that fabulous heads up display on his left arm but make it so totally inaccessible by his actual eyes! WTF?

I remember these from time to time---here's a great one. What posessed the original 70's designers of the G1 Prime mold to make his gun with the grip on it so it wouldn't sit the way it should in his hand?

I recently traded with Liege Evilmus for Universe Hotshot, and I'm glad I did---I really wanted the figure and still like him. But what was the point of continuing with said design as soon as it was obvious that his shoulder kibble was going to clash with his articulation?

Megatron's whole trigger crotch thing back in the 70's! Are you telling me they couldn't do ANYTHING with that before it came out of the gate?

How about Animated Voyager Cybertron Megatron's gun?? WTF again!

I'm sure there are plenty more. What are your favs?

My pet peeve was G1 Optimus' gun, as well as the articulation on the upper legs. The gun thing was simple: just cut the handle off , drill a hole upwards and plastic-welder in a peg. But I'm still puzzled about what to do on the leg issue.

Electronics of any sort in Transformers. Remove the lights and sounds and save a little money. Plus, no unsightly speakers or hug chunks of non-transforming plastic to house the electronics. See Energon Shockblast's right arm.

Electronics of any sort in Transformers. Remove the lights and sounds and save a little money. Plus, no unsightly speakers or hug chunks of non-transforming plastic to house the electronics. See Energon Shockblast's right arm.

Sad part is they removed alot of the features and then raised the prices.

And yes, Shockblasts arm could use an elbow and swivle, it is cool thought how they gave us all those opening pannels though. Lotta fun stuff going on with that figure.

Archived