Is City Commander Worth it?

Reluttr

I mean its a great kit, and I would absolutely would love to have one...its just I don't think its 100$ good ya know, there is alot of neat things you can get with 100$ ;)

So I dunno, with black friday comming up and all the deals comming with it I dunno if I should keep my CC preorder or not.

seems every 3 weeks someone else asks this...

Here's the thing, it is a great kit, and it is expensive. However, unlike all the blackfriday deals the price on this is only going to increase with no chance of clearance come 12/26.

If you don't have the money, hey, it happens. If you like it though and are passing for some regular retail stuff thats only gonna be repainted over and over again for the next 5+ years, don't post another thread in 3 months saying how much it sucks that now want it but have to pay $300 on Ebay!

Just get it now.

If you have Classics Ultra Magnus, don't think, just buy it.

.... don't post another thread in 3 months saying how much it sucks that now want it but have to pay $300 on Ebay!

Just post here in three months if you don't go through with it now: http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=119004

Yeah the City Commander set is well worth it in my opinion. It costs a little bit more than most people want to pay for it but when you finally get it in your hands an attach the armour to Magnus (He's not "ultra" without his armour :tflaugh )for the first time, you'll realise you haven't spent your money in vain. I bought the first edition version so I still need to get the shoulder rocket pod upgrade set. I just need to find somewhere other than BBTS who wants $25 for shipping on it which is rediculous. I paid $25 shipping on the City commander set so why so much for just a pair of rocket launchers? Surely they're not the same weight/size as the City Commander set. If anyone knows where I can get them to Spain with decent postage costs please PM me

I was skeptical the first time I saw the set, so I passed on it. Then it went from about $100 through them or similar dealers to $200 second hand on Ebay.

I wanted to buy my self something special so I purchased the Shadow Commander set, and WOW! I have made customs before (like the Ironhide and Ratchet head add ons similar to what they make) but something like this set is hard to beat. I still after about a year have the shadow commander and now the Dia-Commander sets on display in my very small accommodations. They just look fantastic and are definitely what Hasbro/Takara should have done in the first place.

I pre-ordered the re-release of the Magnus set, made that my birthday present for this year. Far better to get that than try second hand again or worse, get one of the other 2 sets and custom paint it. Plus, with the re-release most places have it coming with a new gun.

If I could get a KO or a loose set for a custom Powermaster Prime version I would.

It is a little expensive but I think it will be worth it. Years later you will look at the set and might be glad you got one when you could, because they are not as mass produced as the toys that hasbro produced.

The only thing I am not so fond of is the HUGE gun that is made from the left over trailer parts. I just have it on display in robot mode, with the regular hand guns combined (smaller machine guns clamped around the barrel of the larger gun and tucked the handle underneath) and put the BIG gun away.

For the regular collector i makes sense that this should be the #1 set to have out of the 3.

post-6066-12540908499903_thumb.jpg

post-6066-12540908613996_thumb.jpg

I am thinking this will be the last chance to get the City Commander set... It comes down to this question... Did you regret not getting it the first time before a rerelease was announced?... I did so I am all over this one...

Archived