Should Megan Fox be in Transformers 3? Is it time for the arrival of Carly?

nakobass

Key members of Bay's filming crew hates her guts, her Jennifer's Body movie bombed. At this point having her in Transformers 3 seems pointless. She looks good, but her hotness is getting old fast. Personaly I don't think she's all that. I think Carly should be the new love interest for Sam in Transformers 3. And if she's anything like her G1 counterpart it should add something to the story. Megan Fox is just there to look hot, they can get any girl for that, and actaully make her smart also. It makes sense to introduce Carly also if they want to continue the series in the future. I can already see Daniel showing up with probably Hot Rod.

I'm betting she will not be in Transformers 3. What do you all think?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason anyone went to see Jennifers Body was to see fox's breast...

Any ways.

I would like to see TF 3 start off 20-30 years from the present, a much older (and better actor) Sam stands with his son in front of a grave that says,"mikaela witwicky beloved mother and wife."

Sam Says something like, "It's been ten years but it still feels like I saw her yesterday" his sone Daniel says, "Dad do we have to go?" Sam, "Aren't you excited to see Cybertron Daniel?"

I thought she was entirely useless to the plot progression in both movies. I get that part of the Hollywood formula is to have attractive "leads" in the film, but Transformers 2 could have done without Mikaela entirely. You cut her screen time out with the exception of maybe a cameo shot or a short convo and that movie gets infinitely better. We don't need to see 5+ minutes total of Megan Fox running in slow motion with enough oil on her to fuel a 747 from New York to Los Angeles. Nor do we need to see insane closeups of her face where her lips take up 3/4 of the movie screen and are so glossed that there are literally lens flares coming off of them.

Eye candy is a lot better when it can act too. I don't know if her role in that movie limited her acting ability (Bay isn't known for bringing the best out of the actors/actresses he films) as she doesn't exactly have an extensive filmography, but if she gets a better role and doesn't come off as nothing but a third wheel to Sam constantly whining about those 3 little words, I can live with it.

As for Carly, I seriously doubt they'll introduce an entirely new character. Orci was quoted in reference to the name "Spike" that it wasn't appropriate for Sam's character at the time, but Sam may earn the nickname "Spike" later. My guess is that since you can sort of derive "Carly" from "Mikaela", they'll just reference her as that later on down the road.

If I had to vote now, I'd say leave her out.

This goes for Leo and the family dogs too.

I'm against writing off characters or replacing the actor for the same role *achooironman2oooooo*

The least thing they could do is just kill her off in the beginning and use that for the storyline..... Sam gives in to anger.... which leads to hate and then leads to suffering.... he joins the Decepticons because he thinks Megatron can bring her back with the Matrix, thus Sam steals the Matrix from Prime when he is asleep.... :roll

um yes.

there was only one part of the movie that she made me embarrassed to be in the theater.. it was the part at the end of the movie where sam is unconscious and she is screaming "i love you, please, i love you" but other than that i think she did pretty well.

she is a very attractive girl, and she can pull off being bad ass alright. and i really like the way that her and sam interact with each other.

i'm all for her being in the next movie, i mean who else would you rather have had played her role? i certainly cannot think of anyone.. maybe blake lively, she was pretty good in disturbia and her and shia had a good onscreen chemistry.. but she's not as attractive as megan.

The only reason anyone went to see Jennifers Body was to see fox's breast...

Any ways.

I would like to see TF 3 start off 20-30 years from the present, a much older (and better actor) Sam stands with his son in front of a grave that says,"mikaela witwicky beloved mother and wife."

Sam Says something like, "It's been ten years but it still feels like I saw her yesterday" his sone Daniel says, "Dad do we have to go?" Sam, "Aren't you excited to see Cybertron Daniel?"

now shia is a bad actor too? did you even see the movies?

I get that part of the Hollywood formula is to have attractive "leads" in the film, but Transformers 2 could have done without Mikaela entirely.

:agree She should've been replaced with some other actress in the 2nd film...then maybe finally get to Carly in the 3rd.

I really don't care to be honest. Megan Fox is a smokin' hottie but all I really care about are the Transformers. A Carlie character could be a good addition/replacement if done well (and she doesn't turn out to be another really poorly done pretender).

Mostly I just want the robots in the film to have good characted development and for them to be placed in a story that's actually good this time.

I can't say that I really care, because Bay is doing the third film and we are all SOL as fans. Meg Fox is simply doing what a female lead does in a Bay film. No more, no less. Besides, she could theoretically be replaced tomorrow with somebody that looks just like her and is just as talent-deficient. You know he would, too. In a sense, we'll never really be rid of her at all.

But she is bland. Vapid. Uninteresting. Shallow, callow and hollow and she brings nothing to the table, because I'm sorry: you can look as 'hot' as you want to, but when I can ascribe the above traits to you, it significantly withers away at whatever 'hot' factor you might have. She really is just another surgically-enhanced piece of eye candy. They're a dime a dozen in Hollywood. Jesus: She's a dime a dozen where I live. She's nothing even remotely special.

With that said, I will readily concede that it's all in the eye of the beholder I guess. Were I casting Transformers 3: Fire Down Below, I'd have burned the candle at both ends trying to cast Michelle Trachtenberg in the role of Carly. So there you go.

By the way, I think this has to be said: Shia LaBeouf is a gifted actor. The shame of it is that I'm not certain he'll truly get unreserved credit for it doing yet another TF film, because you're really not associating his performance in those movies with acting. He'll make a ton of money, though (as well he should), and I'll give the devil his due: better him than Will Ferrell or somebody like that.

Archived