A bit out of the loop, fill me in.

ErikB

Well I'm officially out of the hobby as a collector but will always have my eye on the Transformers. So what's around the corner? I know ROTF is still going and overseas seems obsessed (still) with G1 re-issues and random ass releases like the iPod formers and Mickey Prime thingy. Is there anything new on the horizon? You'd think with 2010 being next year they'd push for more Universe 2.0 G1 themed figures or maybe some lines based on the Japanese lines that were never seen America. If they did re-issues more rarer items would be nice, imagine being able to get a Atlas or any of the zone toys? Imagine U2.0 versions of them!

As for the new stuff coming out why are the smaller toys so damned amazing looking and the bigger toys so lame? I noticed this trend started around Energon (Ironhide being a key example).

2010 was shown at SDCC (or at least the first half was) Alot of new filler figures and some Animated guys that got side stepped.

If that's the whole year or the first half who knows?

The Asian market does seem to be doing well with Encore, but I doubt we'll get anything from Zone or Victory. It would be great as I need a Victory Saber, but they seem to just be doing figures that Hasbro imported. Besides, with the Japanesse leaders, I'd prefer they don't do any unless they do their partners too.

Sure Dai Atlas is awesome, but Big Power is even better, so if they release him, do Roadfire and Sonic Bomber too(I need Sonic Bomber). It's like when they reissued StarConvoy. He came with the connector for Grandus, but who the hell has Grandus!?!

Classics will definetly come back, but no new molds have been shown. As for a main line series. They are working on something, but it seems pretty hush at the moment as it will be part of the upcoming Hasbro/Discovery Network...

So basicly, time will tell.

Erik and I have been "out of it" for about the same amount of time. Maybe not 100% the same but pretty close. I'm so out of touch also. I know almost nothing past the toys released for the TF live movie. I guess this is what happens when you go all hardcore for too many years. You get burned out like working too many hours, but for TFs you never want to let go.

Archived