1/24 scale Lamborghini Countach

Optimus Timelord

I was shopping around on ebay earlier and found this. Roadbots didn't appeal much to me when they were 1/18 and 1/32 scale but they've now taken up the Alternator scale of 1/24 and I just had to have one of these to display with my Alt/BTs. There's a certain resemblance to G1 Sunstreaker...

post-20501-12526137111024_thumb.jpgpost-20501-12526136978715_thumb.jpg

Note a couple of other 1/24 Roadbots including a new Hummer design, a Peugeot RC Carreau and a Toyota Estima...

http://happywell.smeitrade.com/showroom/model/F0020/templateProductDetails.do?ParentId=1213021591353&productId=1235310797437&editCurrentLanguage=1151570409149&webId=1151570409147

Who cares about scale when they're that ugly?

True, they're not up to Alt standards (as robots at least), and there's the 'partsforming' aspect that lets them down... but still, nowhere near as ugly as Bayformers anyway!

I've always loved the Countach and it's nice that there's finally a 1/24 transforming one. When I get him I'll post some pics.

Who cares about scale when they're that ugly?

True, they're not up to Alt standards (as robots at least), and there's the 'partsforming' aspect that lets them down... but still, nowhere near as ugly as Bayformers anyway!

I've always loved the Countach and it's nice that there's finally a 1/24 transforming one. When I get him I'll post some pics.

Unfortunately, I think most alts are ugly and kibblerific, too.

Some pics...

post-20501-12529561650212_thumb.jpgpost-20501-12529561872193_thumb.jpgpost-20501-12529562203056_thumb.jpgpost-20501-12529569004339_thumb.jpg

Alt mode is very nice. Opening doors, hood, trunk, and light-up rear lights. No wheel steering. Everything fits together tightly and the transformation is about Alternator level...

post-20501-12529571250713_thumb.jpgpost-20501-12529563193077_thumb.jpgpost-20501-12529571480254_thumb.jpgpost-20501-12529562390607_thumb.jpg

Robot mode is where it all goes wrong unfortunately. The robot's torso is basically the entire car mid-section and ends up giving him a disproportioned upper body. Articulation is ok for the arms/shoulders, it's the legs that are the problem. Although there's a 180 degree swivel at the waist (part of the transform) it can't be used in posing because the crotch/hood piece folds up and clips to the torso. There's also no knee joint (unless you count sideways!) and the legs don't rotate they just face forwards all the time. Oh and the doors just stick up off the knees (if only they'd been on ball-joints or something so they might have folded down the legs...).

As for partsforming there are only two pieces; the underside of the car becomes a shield, and the rear lights detatch. There are 9 or 10 extra pieces that can be added onto the robot to create a sort of powered-up Megazord-type thing but I'm not even going to bother!

All in all; great alt mode and it's nice to see a company taking up the 1/24 scale detailed car void left by Alternators. But robot mode is in dire need of leg articulation.

One for displaying on the alt mode shelf...

• 1 year later...

You found these on ebay? That Lambo isn't that bad. With a little tweaking he could actually be pretty nice. The Alt mode is nice. Can you order them directly from Happywell?

I got the Hummer H2 1:18 and tweaked him a bit.

000_0074.JPG

They look ok! Liking the Lambo! Any other pictures of Road Bots? I'm always on the fence on these guys.

• 2 weeks later...

You found these on ebay? That Lambo isn't that bad. With a little tweaking he could actually be pretty nice. The Alt mode is nice. Can you order them directly from Happywell?

I got the Hummer H2 1:18 and tweaked him a bit.

000_0074.JPG

See that does look good!

Yeah I got em off eBay, don't know if you can get them from Happywell direct, but BigBadToyStore used to stock them too. EDIT: just looked and BBTS seems to have sold them all off at bargain prices - 1/24 scale Jaguar XJ220 for three dollars?! :wat

Archived