ROTF Deluxe Swerve

Amethyst Ed

I just picked up ROTF Deluxe Swerve.

Thanks to everyone for posting pics of this fig months ago (when they leaked) as I've been looking forward to this fig for a while, now...

Now, IF you already have Sideswipe, this fig is no where close to as shiney and nice as SS. The silver paintjob is very hard to beat IMO...

Swerve is a decent repaint. The best thing going for him is a brand spanking new head mold. Which I think looks rather evil. With his long pointy chin... I'm alligning him with the Decepticons for sure...

The red plastic (especially noticed on the car body panels) looks kinda cheap and dull. But I'm gaging this figure off Sideswipe (who is quite shiney), so my opinion may be a bit bias...

I'm glad they added some sweet red paint apps on his forearms and thighs. They are meager, but a nice touch for a very detailed figure...

I'm not quite sure about the touch of gold on his hips as that paint appears nowhere else other than his breaklights? WTF?

And the choice of light gray plastic on his lower legs looks kinda chicken legish, but we're all used to Starscream so why not? I realize certain plastics are softer then others and they need to use it in other parts of the figure, but I think the color should appear more or switch to the gold...

The torso has a few apps of black which is nice.

And the head is awesome! Looks like he's screaming...

My review: 6 / 10 (Sideswipe being a 9 / 10)

post-13130-12524611787089_thumb.jpg

I got this figure the other day and for the first time in years took ink to it. Some black on the middle chest shoulder section really helps this figure look less like a weird tomato

Archived