Question About the GI Joe Line vs the ROTF Line

Timothy.R

i have noticed that the $20 12" gi joe figures have chrome weapons.. i don't quite understand how those figures get chrome weapons.. but the transformers NEVER get any chrome from hasbro.. does anyone know why this is? i mean.. give us some chrome on the leader class figures.. get rid of the sounds and give us chrome.. jetfires voice sounds absolutely terrible, as does megatrons.. if you're going to add something that makes the figure more expensive.. at least do it well.. don't get some kid in the mail room to fake an accent and pretend he's jetfire.. and i don't want to here megatron say "i am megatron" when that voice clearly wasn't in the movie.. i mean come on.. they couldn't pay hugo weaving and mark ryan to say "i am megatron" & "jetfire's my name"??! i mean.. these terrible $20 figures get chrome.. and my $45 jetfire makes me embarrassed when i here his voice.

i mean.. i'm not saying every figure needs chrome.. but for the leader figures.. get rid of the lights and sounds (i have never seen a kid even look at a movie leader figure) and make primes front end, visors, oil tanks, and smokestacks chrome.. $45 would definitely not disgust me as much as it does now.

Personaly, I can live withouth chrome or electronics.

-Still I'm peved that reissue figures have the the price hiked with the electronics stripped. A matter of principal realy-

Chrome looks good, but on slight flaw and it's glitter. I'd rather see better paint and more lights as apose to sound

Hey now, Leader Prime and Megatron are BOSS! :ohyeah

I am pretty sure electronics will be here to stay on leader classes since its one highlight to sell the toy to kids. But I agree on the chrome. A little here and there would be nice once in a while. Alternators (RIP :argh ), had excellent chrome weapons.

i have noticed that the $20 12" gi joe figures have chrome weapons.. i don't quite understand how those figures get chrome weapons.. but the transformers NEVER get any chrome from hasbro.. does anyone know why this is?

i mean.. i'm not saying every figure needs chrome.. but for the leader figures.. get rid of the lights and sounds (i have never seen a kid even look at a movie leader figure) and make primes front end, visors, oil tanks, and smokestacks chrome.. $45 would definitely not disgust me as much as it does now.

I remember the Transmetal line, when all the figures had chrome, and admittedly it did look good initially. But the slightest nick or scratch or ding and it started flaking. I bought 10th Anniversary Rattrap just so I'd have one that looked decent again after the chrome disintegrated on my original. Now I know you're not advocating as wide a use as on the TMs, just on certain spots, but after having lots of problems with chromed bots, I'm quite happy Hasbro's not doing it anymore. I can't see chrome on movie Prime surviving too long with the tight clearances involved in his transformation.

even the couple Henkei figures I have just don't look good with it...

From the Beast Era, I gotta say, it's only realy 3 figures that ruin the lot. Rattrap, Scourge, and Jetstorm. All the rest of mine are holding up well.

Alittle chrome on TF2 Prime would be nice, but overall, I can live without it. It does look nice though when done right.

Archived