First impressions of HA Sideswipe

KFGatri

Just picked this guy up tonight, to celebrate a bit of good news. My first impression: the same as Luke's opinion of the Millennium Falcon. Where's the back half of his waist? And I knew he had backpack issues, but 9/10 of the car mode is a bit much. I also knocked one of his "hip cables" loose trying to get a stable standing pose. I absolutely loved Bumblebee, so I had high hopes for Swipe. Anyone have suggestions to improve my enjoyment?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got one today as well. I like HA Sideswipe, but I wasn't expecting such grand back kibble. The kibble makes it impossible for Sideswipe to stand as per the instructions. Fortunately the inner panels that cover his wheels fold out to make feet. I wish the blades were removable, but it's not too bad. The shoulder mounted gun and missile launcher are very nice. This toy also does a better job dealing with the seats in robot mode, unlike HA Bumblebee.

I got one today as well. I like HA Sideswipe, but I wasn't expecting such grand back kibble. This toy also does a better job dealing with the seats in robot mode, unlike HA Bumblebee.

You think the seats are better on SS? I disagree. having them on the shoulders just adds to the floppy mess on his back. on BB, they're designed to at least vaguely echo the forearm armor on the CGI model, and you can flip down the back on the right arm seat to slightly improve the impression.

I got one today as well. I like HA Sideswipe, but I wasn't expecting such grand back kibble. This toy also does a better job dealing with the seats in robot mode, unlike HA Bumblebee.

You think the seats are better on SS? I disagree. having them on the shoulders just adds to the floppy mess on his back. on BB, they're designed to at least vaguely echo the forearm armor on the CGI model, and you can flip down the back on the right arm seat to slightly improve the impression.

How can you say that? Bumblebee has seats on his forearms. That's it. There's nothing that they can be but car seats n his forearms. It's one the thing I don't like about HA BB, and what keeps me from jumping on people who aren't into the Human Alliance toys. Sideswipe's seats are hidden on his back, one of which spins around to function as the missile launcher.

How can you say that? Bumblebee has seats on his forearms. That's it. There's nothing that they can be but car seats n his forearms. It's one the thing I don't like about HA BB, and what keeps me from jumping on people who aren't into the Human Alliance toys. Sideswipe's seats are hidden on his back, one of which spins around to function as the missile launcher.

And Sideswipe has car seats, along with almost all the rest of the car, as a huge mess on his back. I'll grant you the seat with the missile launcher on it, though I think it should have been designed so Epps could operate the launcher - that's the point of the subline, after all. But the other one just is back there along with all the other car kibble behind SS back. At least BB's car seats add some functionality.

Is he compatible with basic sized GI JOEs? If so I'd say that in itself is a reason to own the HA line. Hell if someone can confirm this I'll go buy them all right now.

Is he compatible with basic sized GI JOEs? If so I'd say that in itself is a reason to own the HA line. Hell if someone can confirm this I'll go buy them all right now.

Not at all. You could certainly use old MASK action figures with Human Alliance Transformers.

Archived