E Towline into Ironhide

Stingray

very kick ass, I like realy what you did with his head. I think you may have went a little nuts with your silver paint here, and there. Thats alright though I used to do the samething, when i started doing customs. testors silver is one of my favorite paints it always seems to paint so nicely, if I'm not careful I end up with a big sliver blob for a custom. I really like him, only complaint why no altmode pics ? Is the paint is still tacky?

Anyhow, I really want to do a rachet redeco of this mold, but that is sevral projects away

:thumb great job, keep up the good work

i dont like the paint on the trailer ware you brust a silver could over it and its looks like the poaint you were using was quite think (was it the stuff form games workshop that tend to be think)

but the kit bashing is pritty good

i agree with blitz i'm afraid, that type of paint is not really good for repainting as my repaint of armada blurr into tracks could show. the kitbashing is good though, for future projects i suggest using a better type of paint

Used Krylon Fusion and Testor paints.

So Rat, what parts would you have suggested I keep a different color than the silver? It was really hard to kinda pick and choose.. I mean for a while it was all red :P

I was really suprised at the detailing on this guy... not what I expected!

As for alt mode pics, sorry. :P This was made for a friend who wanted the Bot mode so I didn't tf it for fear of paint chipping or scratching. I do have plans to make one for alt/bot transformation and I'll be sure to post em.. but first I'm doing Alt Swindle to Trailbreaker :D

i dont like the paint on the trailer ware you brust a silver could over it and its looks like the poaint you were using was quite think (was it the stuff form games workshop that tend to be think)

but the kit bashing is pritty good

I use Games Workshop paints, you're supposed to water them down slightly to get a descent coating paint, otherwise yes it's to thick.

Used Krylon Fusion and Testor paints.

So Rat, what parts would you have suggested I keep a different color than the silver? It was really hard to kinda pick and choose.. I mean for a while it was all red :P

I was really suprised at the detailing on this guy... not what I expected!

As for alt mode pics, sorry. :P This was made for a friend who wanted the Bot mode so I didn't tf it for fear of paint chipping or scratching. I do have plans to make one for alt/bot transformation and I'll be sure to post em.. but first I'm doing Alt Swindle to Trailbreaker :D

I recomend going over the whole thing with rubbing alchol, to make sure its clean. The paint would stick better that way as well.

this is just a personal prefernce here but, I'ev laid off the enamel(oil base) paints lately.

I'ev been haveing better luck with Acrlyics(water base) they clean up easyer, and their cheaper. :tflaugh. Save you testors stuff for when the fun doing detail :tfmad

I would have dyed the shoulders, and anything in the light brown plastic black. That way you could pose it\transform it with out as much fear of paint chipping.

The section of the body with the windows. I would have sprayed the silver first. then brushed on the red. It would have made the window look a lot smoother, without the brush strokes. It suppose to be glass after all. The bushstrokes wouldnt be as noticeable in red

As far as the base part is concerned I would have went with a less is more way of thinking. I would have just painted the blue parts red, and gave the molded in guns a quick hit of sliver. Then eather left the dark brown plastic alone, or dyed it black,. you know depending on how lazy I got :redface oh and i would have went for red on the part of the lower bumper that used to be white

My last comment I have for you. (if you have photoshop) try Photoshoping up your color scheme before you start painting. That way you will have a better idea of where you are going with the project. I'ev has sevral occaions where i totaly lost track of a project half way thrue. the photoshop image will get you back on the right path.

oh and here are g1 ironhide pics for refernce

G1 Ironhide Toy

Dreamwaves Ironhide

Oh and if any other customizer think my knowlege is crap please let me know, god knows I'm not still not perfect at customizeing.

Archived