TF Movie toys will kick ass!

Rodimus__Prime

As you all should know, the TF live-action movie will soon be in the making. :tfgrin

Now, what I am writing about here is that we all know that when a movie is made, toy companies like to cash in. Thats where the buyer comes in. And not just buyers, but big Transformers fans! I know some people may blast me out of the water for this comment, but the G1 re-issues aren't all that they're cracked up to be. :tfmad Yes, yes I know how you feel, but just hear me out. The re-issues are molds that were made in the 80s. They are exelent as display pices, as they only should be for how much they cost. But the sad fact is they don't have much articulation.

What I want to bring to everyones attention is the fact that when the movie finally does come out, there will be tons of movie toys. :thumb Now, when that happens, we hope that the movie people really did use the 80s designs for the robots. However, with modern day toy standards, and what kids expect to play with these days, re-issue designs just won't work. That means there is the possibility that we can have all new molds of our favorite TF characters with sleeker designs, printed logos and colors instead of stickers, and much more articulation. Finally, G1 TF that can be posed in actuall battle scenes, not stiff arm, stiff leg, troop inspection poses! :clap

Well, everyone, chime in with your two cents on this topic. Tell me what you think! And try to remember, I don't hate the G1 re-issues, like them actually, but would also like to see updated versions of my favorite bots! Wouldn't you like that same?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the same way as you do Rodimus Prime, I have heard tell that Todd McFarlane will be doing the toys, but it wasnt confirmed. But I have some of the G1 reissues and they are great, but they came from a period when this was as good as it was going to get. The G1's are great, but with so many advances and the extreme use of Ball joints, they need to update the characters some to increase their play value.

No kid today is going to go out and buy a $30 hunk of metal that stands there. No they want gimmics, firing rockets, attack sounds, and poseability. I hope they are doing homage to the transformers and not taking the easy road out and releasing HOC type figures. That would suck.

Yeah but I dont see it getting done. The alternators are a good line on their own, but if they are doing a 80s version of transformers then the alternators that we have would not work. I am sure the characters will have slight alterations to their forms, as it is with every hollywood adaptation.

I could not agree more with you rodimus. I think it is the concept of owning the G1 transformers that is cool, I am sure some will agree with me. They are more like un posable models. I agree 100% about that. I do hope that the Movie toys will kick some serious ass! Because if they are like the remakes i probably will only buy a few and not all.

catch ya on the flip side

Thorne

Archived