We will see a Robotech, Gundam, Voltron movie before Transformers 3 comes out.

nakobass

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah TFs did good and that gat everyone all hard and silly, the Speed Racer threw some cold water in their faces.

That's why Hollywood needs to stop letting the Wachowski brothers make films. :thumb

But I just remembered another good example of a anime movie in pre production hell is the live action Evangelion. It's supposedly been in production since the late 90's, and keeps popping up here and there to drive the fans insane.

Ummm... they aren't the Wachowski brothers any longer!!! Pay attention to the picture on the right side of the screen labeled Wachowski Siblings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wachowski_brothers

• 1 month later...

I just realized that Transformers 1 and ROTF is just the beginning. Mark my words, we will see a Robotech, Gundam, or Voltron movie before Transformers 3 comes out in 2012. Whether you liked the Transformers movies or not. They made Dreamworks, Paramount, and Hasbro huge amounts of money. Every other movie studio will be jumping on the Big Fing Robot bandwagon soon. Warner Bros already has the rights to Robotech. They may have got it just for the hell of it, but after seeing how much money Transformers made, I'll bet they are looking at Robotech a lot more seriously now, as well as Voltron. Gundam won't be far behind after that. Will they be any good, who knows, but I'm just happy Transformers has opened the door to Giant Robots on the big screen.

My prediction:

Robotech by summer 2011

Voltron by spring 2012

Gundam by summer 2013

What do the rest of you guys think?

Not sure how no one noticed this before, but Transformers 3 comes out summer of 2011~! ;) NOT 2012 Just thought id throw that bit of info to you since you may or may not know this. :)

• 3 weeks later...

For Voltron, the only thing I would dread is the annoying Nanny character. Other than that, I would be anxious to see it. The last rumor I heard about this movie was that was being turned into an animated piece and not a live action film.

there hasn't been lots of news about voltron or robotech.

there was talk of a new cartoon show a few months ago but thats it.

they showed Concept art from voltron and it's not based on planet Arus or doom because they should the statute of liberty witch is in new york city in the USA and that was reveal in Concept art

As for robotech the last i heard was that Tobey Maguire the guy who playied in the first 3 spider-man films wanted to be rick hunter. or a producer.

and i know i saw somewhere on ign website that they will have shogon wariors also.

they had a teaser trailer. that really looks fan maded of it. but it wasn't

Concept art for voltron the movie.

voltron-movie.jpg

voltron-movie2.jpg

voltronexcl3-big.jpg

show gun warriors movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3tttKdhCYw

• 5 weeks later...

Totally forgot about this tread I started. I guess Voltron will come out before Robotech or Gundam. I saw the concept

art. They really do look like Bayformers which I really don't mind. I just wish they would put some more weapons on them.

More then Likely Transformers 3 will be a blockbuster, and since that's the end of the Trilogy, The movie studios will look

for the next giant robot Trilogy. Let's face it, Hollywood has a one track mind. Just look what happened after Avatar(which had

giant Mechs/Robots in it), they went 3D crazy. Harry Porter and Transformers are coming to an end. Bottomline they are going to want

a new cash cow. Marvel movies are still coming, but they didn't bring in the cash like Transformers or Avatar did. And with Avatar,

it's even more likely Robotech, Gundam, name your Robot show will get made into a Live Action Movie.

My prediction, the studios are really going to go for Robotech after the 2011 summer movie season.

Voltron may come first, but I don't thing it will do well. A lot of people don't even remember Voltron,

they will probably think it's a rip off of Power Rangers. And if Robotech does well, Gundam will definitely

be next.

BTW, I know was wrong about Robotech, Voltron, and Gundam coming out before Transformers 3, but that was when Transformers 3

was set for a 2012 release date, until they passed that fat check in front of Bay's face to change his mind.

Archived