Review: Shout Factory Matrix Of Leadership DVD Box Set

Blitz-Wing

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received mine today in minty fresh condition. Here is the reply about the problem with the order of the episodes:

All of your questions regarding episode order have been answered on the community forum at www.shoutfactory.com. The gist of the situation is this, we put the episodes in order of continuity so that everything would make sense. At the last minute, Hasbro required us to put Discs 3+4 in production order. We tried to change the information on the packaging but it had already gone to print. If you have any other questions or comments you can post them on the community forum and Brian Ward, our DVD guru can try to answer any other questions you might have.

Sincerely Shout Factory

So there you have it. While this is probably the most "definitive" release yet, it still has it's problems. But really, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad when you consider the effort involved with putting together a collection from the 1980's. Preservation of the material just wasn't on anyone's mind at the time.

-JT

Hopefully the economy will drive the price down to like $80 bones or im boned unless i want NO transformers or food in the months coming

But if not, my friend has all eps on his harddrive and i am currently at ep ... (dinobot war i think or the 1st of the 3 part one on the mountain)

Got mine today. Am currently watching the first disc. :thumb It's kind of weird watching it again.

It is weird watching it again, kinda less quality animation then i remember but still this show rules the books. :thumb

• 2 months later...

Hey there everybody. Can anyone comment on the quality of construction of the matrix set? I mean, is the outer box made out of thick/thin paperboard? What about the individual DVD books. I can see in the photos that the DVD books don't seem to be very well made. Just a concern over the rest of the set.

Thanks

It's not super-special construction, typical cardboard packaging,I think.

I'll agree, about the DVDbooks. I'm not fond of how they're set up. I think it would of been better if Shout!Factory released them as slim-cases, in place of how they did. (Maybe then there'd be room to store TF:TM.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm not sure if I should get this or just finish my Rhino box sets which I am 2 box sets short. I'm not really a fan of extras. The box looks nice, but I think I'd rather own the Matrix of Leadership replica to fill my Matrix need.

Even though I have the Matrix set, I want to finish up the Rhino ones, too. :lol (Rhino can go with the original movie release, and the Matrix set could go with the Sony release.)

I wish Shout!Factory would release a printable episode guide for the season 3 discs. I missed seeing the title cards, so I'd try and go off what was on the DVD packaging, and I couldn't tell where the hell I was in the season.

bestbuy.com has it priced at $130 with a list price of $170. not sure if it's a sale price or normal. lucky for me i have a $50 BB gift card i got for buying my blu ray player 2 weeks ago. sounds like a worthy use for it. i'm about to head up there and get borderlands for the 360.

Archived