Murder!

Breaker

Autobots and Decepticons are at war. It was a necessary kill.

In this circumstance where a suspect is running, he should be apprehended, held and questioned. When it could be determined what he did wrong in the past and what he was planning to do, then a punishment could have been dealt. It's not like Sideswipe was fighting in a life or death scenario. He was chasing down Sideways with murderous intent, who was NOT fighting back, just RUNNNING FOR HIS FUCKING LIFE!

What your saying indicates a generalized statement that anyone killed during times of war is a necessary occurrence. Unavoidable sometimes and sometimes necessary, but not always.

Do I think that's accurate? Hell no. But I think it's funny that the scene COULD be interpreted that way, especially if someone didn't know much about TFs.

The issue isnt about TFs, it's about intelligent life at war and the humane perspective on it. In this case,an alien robot is not a human, but it is sentient life and that in itself is precious. Primus mourns for his children :(. Killing in a movie is awesome, but in this case it was boring because it wasn't a fight, it was an execution.

Sideways and Demolisher were still legitimate enemy combatants. They were legitimate targets under deep cover. Sideways was a courier, that means he was the type who transperted messages back and forth between the rear echelon command and front lines. They routinely carry extremely sensitive data. Thus they are primary targets in war. Capture or kill the couriers in order to not only prevent vital enemy intelligence from getting to your foes, but also in order to take that data for your own knowledge to use against the enemy. The same with Demolisher. He was a Decepticon soldier who had gone to ground. He wasn't a civilian. He was a combatant. A legitimate target. The Autobots were following the rules of war.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say kill them all and let Primus (or Unicron) sort them out.

Atheist transformers be damned then huh? Poor Jetfire.

Sideways and Demolisher were still legitimate enemy combatants. They were legitimate targets under deep cover. Sideways was a courier, that means he was the type who transperted messages back and forth between the rear echelon command and front lines. They routinely carry extremely sensitive data. Thus they are primary targets in war. Capture or kill the couriers in order to not only prevent vital enemy intelligence from getting to your foes, but also in order to take that data for your own knowledge to use against the enemy. The same with Demolisher. He was a Decepticon soldier who had gone to ground. He wasn't a civilian. He was a combatant. A legitimate target. The Autobots were following the rules of war.

I can understand the significance of ensuring that valueable data doesn't get to it's destination, but I doubt the data was severe enough to warrant killing. Sideways data probably was: "HOLY SHIT AUTOBOTS ARE HUNTING ME LIKE AN ANIMAL!" What could Sideways have possibly known that would put the Bots at a disadvantage. I think he would have been better captured and interrogated. If he really is a coward like he seems to be, then perhaps he may have been inclined to change sides like Wheelie. Why spare Wheelie then I ask? He was a Decepticon but yet he is spared and not held accountable for any crime he may have been guilty of. But for Sideways they don't think twice but to cut him to ribbons.

It's all or nothing. You can't change your mind.

And besides even if it's war, MURDER IS MURDER.

How many times have you played those shooting games where one guy runs off, and you take him out so he doesn't warn anyone else you're coming? Same situation most likely applies.

As far as switching sides goes, it'd been un-heard of at that point. Only reason why Wheelie probably didn't killed off by the Autobots is cause he had Mikeala and the others to vouch for him.

I say kill them all and let Primus (or Unicron) sort them out.

Atheist transformers be damned then huh? Poor Jetfire.

I can understand the significance of ensuring that valueable data doesn't get to it's destination, but I doubt the data was severe enough to warrant killing. Sideways data probably was: "HOLY SHIT AUTOBOTS ARE HUNTING ME LIKE AN ANIMAL!" What could Sideways have possibly known that would put the Bots at a disadvantage. I think he would have been better captured and interrogated. If he really is a coward like he seems to be, then perhaps he may have been inclined to change sides like Wheelie. Why spare Wheelie then I ask? He was a Decepticon but yet he is spared and not held accountable for any crime he may have been guilty of. But for Sideways they don't think twice but to cut him to ribbons.

It's all or nothing. You can't change your mind.

And besides even if it's war, MURDER IS MURDER.

IF Sideways had surrendered instead of running, he might have been spared. In fact, he very likely would have. What he did was run. That kept him as a legitimate target. Wheelie had surrendered. He was a helpless captive. He really couldn't fight back even if he had wanted to. And, he wasn't a Decepticon by choice. He was forced into it against his will. He made the choice to defect once the option was available to him; an option he didn't even know about.On top of that, he willingly provided needed intelligence to the humans and Autobots. Demolisher, Sideways, etc. were Decepticons by choice, not blood. Neither Sideways, nor Demolisher surrendered to the Autobots. both attempted to elude the Autobots and (particularly Demolisher) caused indiscriminate destruction in their wake. They had gone to ground gathering intelligence which could not be allowed to get into their superiors' hands. They were legitimate military targets.

Regardless of the situation military or no, murder is murder. And you can't really reference a video game, as no one really takes killing in a game seriously, because it has no real world impact. You just respawn after a few seconds.

So whether or not Sideways was guilty by association, a viable military target, a necessary casualty of war, or just a Decepticon punk who had it coming, in the end he was still MURDERED. And Sideswipe is his MURDERER.

Regardless of the situation military or no, murder is murder. And you can't really reference a video game, as no one really takes killing in a game seriously, because it has no real world impact. You just respawn after a few seconds.

So whether or not Sideways was guilty by association, a viable military target, a necessary casualty of war, or just a Decepticon punk who had it coming, in the end he was still MURDERED. And Sideswipe is his MURDERER.

Breaker, it was not murder. Demolisher and Sideways were killed as active combatants in a time of war. The taking of their lives was a legitimate action of war. It was not murder. I was in the Army for four years. I served in Iraq during Desert Storm. I know the rules of engagement. They were indeed followed in this situation. Sideways and Demolisher were killed legitimately under the rules of war. There was no crime. It was not murder.

I'm not really getting the murderer thing either. I object more to the "Damn, I'm good" comment that Sideswipe makes.

I'm not really getting the murderer thing either. I object more to the "Damn, I'm good" comment that Sideswipe makes.

I don't know. I found that line funny, and wholly appropriate for his character. He said it with such panache, with such flair. It just fit.

It's just that I hate to think of him taking pleasure in it, or any of the Autobots for that matter. I don't have a single problem with killing in military actions or with state mandated executions, but in my head the good guys don't enjoy it.

Archived