Wheelie should have been Frenzy

Superconductor

What I mean is that the characterization for Wheelie would have worked if they had decided to go with this for Frenzy the first time around, and then he could have been the R/C truck in the recent movie. They could have repainted the monster truck toy into Rumble too :ohyeah

yeah, but I could never see Frenzy switching sides.

Exactly! And in a way, I think they used several different bots in ROTF to replace Frenzy's absence...Wheelie, Scalpel, and somewhat Ravage...oh, and particularly the little paper-thin guy that formed from all the marble-cons!

yeah, but I could never see Frenzy swiching sides.

Who says he had to switch sides? If they had written it without the side-switch and without Fox basically turning him into a robotic chihuahua (excellent opportunity to leave out the leg humping), I think it would have worked. But to FM, I do agree that Frenzy's role was basically replaced many different bots. However, a Frenzy styled after this characterization of Wheelie could have done most of that, minus the stuff Ravage did. I actually think they could have gone the route of using the Constructicons (ie Hook, or Hightower or whomever worked for the story) to do the repairs and extraction stuff. The doctor character didn't work so well in the movie IMO

Who says he had to switch sides? If they had written it without the side-switch and without Fox basically turning him into a robotic chihuahua (excellent opportunity to leave out the leg humping), I think it would have worked. But to FM, I do agree that Frenzy's role was basically replaced many different bots. However, a Frenzy styled after this characterization of Wheelie could have done most of that, minus the stuff Ravage did. I actually think they could have gone the route of using the Constructicons (ie Hook, or Hightower or whomever worked for the story) to do the repairs and extraction stuff. The doctor character didn't work so well in the movie IMO

THIS!

Wheelie should have had a different name in the first place...

..RATTRAP'D!!!

THIS!

Screw you, man. Scalpel was my favorite new character... and that's only because Ravage had no lines and Soundwave didn't transform. Also, I think he was necessary... I can't imagine the Constructicons looking into Sam like Scalpel did. Plus, a dedicated doctor Decepticon is something relatively new (Glit barely exists and Hook barely counts).

THIS!

Screw you, man. Scalpel was my favorite new character... and that's only because Ravage had no lines and Soundwave didn't transform. Also, I think he was necessary... I can't imagine the Constructicons looking into Sam like Scalpel did. Plus, a dedicated doctor Decepticon is something relatively new (Glit barely exists and Hook barely counts).

Down boy---I'll refrain from saying "Screw you, man" back at you. You know what they say about opinions. . . As for the doctor character, I doubt real Decepticons would put up with a physician who leaves parts out by accident (or on purpose) for very long. They probably go through a lot of them. . .

THIS!

Down boy---I'll refrain from saying "Screw you, man" back at you. You know what they say about opinions. . . As for the doctor character, I doubt real Decepticons would put up with a physician who leaves parts out by accident (or on purpose) for very long. They probably go through a lot of them. . .

I think Scalpel was intended to be somewhat of a sick reference to Josef Mendel in that aspect.

Archived