ROTF Mixmaster.......No Mech-Alive?

anthonyprime

I just picked up this baby and I was impressed to see a voyager a triple changer!!

But I had a frown in like 10 seconds after it dawned on me that my wife was saying that there is no MECH-ALIVE on this bot!! WTF???? WELL, if there is something that I missed about the hidden tricks on this over-all handsome badass please shed some light on this subject for me ......LOLOL!!!!

thanks AP

I just picked up this baby and I was impressed to see a voyager a triple changer!!

But I had a frown in like 10 seconds after it dawned on me that my wife was saying that there is no MECH-ALIVE on this bot!! WTF???? WELL, if there is something that I missed about the hidden tricks on this over-all handsome badass please shed some light on this subject for me ......LOLOL!!!!

thanks AP

And it says MECH-ALIVE on the back of the box.......???

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that closest resembles Mech-Alive is in the lower portion of his arms. The ball joint that the Mixing Drum panel is attached to has a part on the inside of the lower arm that moves when the ball joint is moved. It would be better with a pic, and i'll take one asap.

The thing that closest resembles Mech-Alive is in the lower portion of his arms. The ball joint that the Mixing Drum panel is attached to has a part on the inside of the lower arm that moves when the ball joint is moved. It would be better with a pic, and i'll take one asap.

But the Mech-Alive logo is seen on the box pointing to the chest area????

I will check it out though,

Thanks .... Ap

OH COME ON!!! Nobody knows where the mech-alive gimmick is located on MIXMASTER????, CMM21J actually almost had me sold on the idea of the "spinning" inner arm where the detached part of the cement drum attaches to a ball joint to the arm and has a common feature found on many of the ROTF figs.....ANYMORE GUESSES?????

Just grabbed mine. Nope. None. It's not that bad. If the Mech Alive gimmick includes the arm thing (which is also located on his outer thighs), then that's it. I consider it official if that's what it is according to Hasbro. But granted, it's not as cool as the ones on some of the other figures.

I just got Stratosphere and as far as I can tell he's got the same issue. The box has a Mech Alive symbol and says that he has gears in his chest that move, but, like with Mixmaster, I don't see any. He does have the cool bicep rotation thing, though, and an "automorph" where the nose of the plane splits open when you move his arms. Maybe that's what the box was talking about...

Or it is a drop from the upper deck of hasbro saying..."Sell that fig as a triple changer by any means for high profit". the design group had plenty of time to make a better gimmick in this bot, instead of the third mode they should have focused their efforts towards the MECH-ALIVE in the chest area to make the bot have the "ALIVE" look.....IT'S STILL A AWESOME BOT.....

I just got Stratosphere and as far as I can tell he's got the same issue. The box has a Mech Alive symbol and says that he has gears in his chest that move, but, like with Mixmaster, I don't see any. He does have the cool bicep rotation thing, though, and an "automorph" where the nose of the plane splits open when you move his arms. Maybe that's what the box was talking about...

Or it is a drop from the upper deck of hasbro saying..."Sell that fig as a triple changer by any means for high profit". the design group had plenty of time to make a better gimmick in this bot, instead of the third mode they should have focused their efforts towards the MECH-ALIVE in the chest area to make the bot have the "ALIVE" look.....IT'S STILL A AWESOME BOT.....

And lets hope that the repaint has upgrades that put this bot to rest...... ALL HAIL G1 ERA!!!!!!

I was looking at the box.

Either it was a last minute drop from the final product

OR

It's just where they placed the line from the Mech Alive logo w/o paying attention to the fact that there are no gears or stuff in his chest (same goes for Stratosphere).

Almost all the Voyager boxes (w/ the possible exceptions of the repaints of Movie 1 figures and the Fallen) have a Mech Alive logo. Demolishor's line goes right to his shoulder, and there's nothing there. The gimmick is in his "elbow".

EDIT:

I was fiddling with Stratosphere a few minutes ago and realized his Mech Alive is in his arms. When you move the elbow, depending one which part one of two things happen. When you bend the upper portion of the elbow, there's a gear in the outer upper arm that spins. If you bend the lower portion of the elbow, there are two gears in his outer lower arm that spin.

• 4 weeks later...

just got this bad bay yesterday, LOVE it w/ or w/o the gimmicks. this figure has the most complicated transformation :yay

as far as i can tell, the see through arm thing is the only mech-alive. plus the box is not always 100% accurate, they mislocated crabitron's missile trigger too.

just got this bad bay yesterday, LOVE it w/ or w/o the gimmicks. this figure has the most complicated transformation :yay

as far as i can tell, the see through arm thing is the only mech-alive. plus the box is not always 100% accurate, they mislocated crabitron's missile trigger too.

I love this fig as well , but with most of hasbros flops (when they present their uglyyy head) we were snowballed once again!!!!!

Archived