Human Alliance Bumblebee...

Amethyst Ed

I've thought about doing a chair mod, but been holding off as frankly, the ONLY way to do it would be thus

First drill a hole thru it using to whatever size pin you can find *though slightly smaller* , then Very slowly cut each chair at the base of the seat. each with a U groove, seperating the seat back from the base. Then shave a little bit off each seat back, so the back side corner is rounded so when put together it'll fold back flat, then hold the two parts together and put the pin in. then just cap each end so the pin won't come out.

I'm waiting till i see one on clearence before I try doing this though, as I basically don't do heavy mod's just little things so as not to destroy the original figure

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't mind the passenger seat(the one that bends in a bit), you may be able to mod a second one for the other arm. You would have to move the part that holds the car sides together onto the other side of the seat... I haven't really examined the situation much, myself, though.

I think he just poped the pin and switched the thumb?

Yes, that is what he did. It is mentioned in his review for the figure, and in an update.

I think I already mentioned this, but my problem with the mod is that the fingers are uneven.

i don't know if anyone's figured this mod out but, i did one that allows you to spin the doors up a little in robot mode. i wish there was something that would allow the doors to come closer together.. that's my only complaint about the figure.

On my figure, the doors can already go up a little, and straight back if I so choose. No mod necessary...

Another little aside: You can keep the upper wheels in their original position under the arms, as a part of the chest. I like it. :P

I think he just poped the pin and switched the thumb?

I've been looking at some of my other bots to see who has some hands that would work in place. Movie and Animated where good for going beyond the fist, and I realy don't wanna drop another $30 just for that.

Besides, I'd be more intrested in fixing the chair arms. I have no idea why they skimped on that, it ruins whats nearly a perfect figure!?!

Hasbro did it on purpose; they aren't allowed to make a perfect figure, look at supreme Devs. Hell they had to make a "variant" with the actual red face!

I know, I'm hesitant to do the mod, too.

There's not that much material on one of the seats to work with.

And it's such a nice figure. I'd hate to ruin it with my sub-par kit-bashing skills...

I even looked at Sideswipes seats to make a possible switch. No dice...

I'll wait it out. One of the TFans will figure this thing out. They always do...

Don't worry. Glue fixes everything. Well, almost...

Where glue fails, use fire. You could attempt to weld/melt the seats back together, or you could light a torch and threaten TRU employees into giving you a replacement. Yup.

I just wanted to post to keep the topic going...

Archived