Human Alliance Bumblebee...

Amethyst Ed

Wow, that's an interesting debate.

Is this figure better than an Alternator / BT?

I'm a HUGE fan of the Alternators line.

And with all the high quality features compared to the first Human Alliance figure,

who's to say which is better?

Let's wait until more are released...

HA BB is awesome! No doubt about it. And he is surprisingly tall.

But my vote is with the Alts... For now...

Come on Sideswipe!

so if these are as good as alts do you display them together?

and if so what becomes of alternator sideswipe?

just picked up sideswipe the other day at target for $5 cheaper than BB!!!! anyway, he is also way way better than the pictures I have seen would lead me to believe. backpack issues are there, but not as bad as I thought.. I find he stands up better if I lock the pistons in behind his knees, and don't rotate his little inner foot down.

I have tried sam and epps in most of my alts, to varying degrees of success, I think mostly because the alts are not really made to have legs in under the dash, whereas the HA line sacrificed opening trunk and hood to make room for human figures, and to put more robot into less space, which is fine with me.

I have redubbed Sideswipe as "Drift" what with the swords, similar styling and all.

y'know.. don't want Lambor to get jealous. :roll

also, a quick question: does anyone else know what this little handle on the inside back end of sideswipe is for? it doesn't look like it is useful for epps...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MAJOR UPDATE! (not really)

I swapped the car seats on BB's arms and they look a hell of a lot better this way. The gray plastic on the driver's seat isn't as big of an eye sore when its next to the gun.

Of course, you still have to switch them back for car mode. But that's not exactly a lot of work. :roll

*first pic*

:O What cheat did you use? Up up down down left right left right select start?

*second pic*

Wait.... Something's not right right here. No, no. This doesn't add up at all! And so forth.

Yeah, you could do that with most of the figures. I suppose it would better when the vehicle actually has a roof. :P

Oh, and if you think THAT is blurry... Look at most of my pics. >_>

I just unscrewed the seats from his arms...

Thinking about taking a Dremel and cutting them so the seats fold down...

I just pencilled in some rough cut lines and I'm thinking about cutting into this plastic. One seat will be fine, but the one with the grey dual cannon dosnt have alot of material to create a joint... Hmmm...

If I shred these seats, atleast I can pull the pins out of the side and keep the door rails. I'll probably glue them to the base of each door if I fail this mod...

I'm working up the courage to perform surgery on my fav ROTF figure...

Anybody cut the seats, yet? Anybody NOT recommend this?

Any ideas?

I just unscrewed the seats from his arms...

Thinking about taking a Dremel and cutting them so the seats fold down...

I just pencilled in some rough cut lines and I'm thinking about cutting into this plastic. One seat will be fine, but the one with the grey dual cannon dosnt have alot of material to create a joint... Hmmm...

If I shred these seats, atleast I can pull the pins out of the side and keep the door rails. I'll probably glue them to the base of each door if I fail this mod...

I'm working up the courage to perform surgery on my fav ROTF figure...

Anybody cut the seats, yet? Anybody NOT recommend this?

Any ideas?

For the amount of work that sounds like, I'd just leave them on as they are. They really don't bother me enough to want to chop the seats to little pieces.

I just got this figure today and I have to say over all, he was worth the wait.

As the only TF2 BB I intend on getting, I think I did good.

I love the size, and detail, nice tight seems in alt mode and thats great.

The only thing I realy dont like are the seats, they need to fold down in bot mode. I realy don't care if he carries stupid Sam around. The other thing I don't like is the lack of a right hand. They could have hid one inside of the seat.

Otherwise, this is a teriffic figure, I look forward to the rest of the line and can't help in wonder who people are using for replacement hands?

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know if anyone's figured this mod out but, i did one that allows you to spin the doors up a little in robot mode. i wish there was something that would allow the doors to come closer together.. that's my only complaint about the figure.

I think he just poped the pin and switched the thumb?

I've been looking at some of my other bots to see who has some hands that would work in place. Movie and Animated where good for going beyond the fist, and I realy don't wanna drop another $30 just for that.

Besides, I'd be more intrested in fixing the chair arms. I have no idea why they skimped on that, it ruins whats nearly a perfect figure!?!

Archived