Human Alliance Bumblebee...

Amethyst Ed

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally found the HA Bumblebee at Walmart today. I saw it and I was like Score...then I looked at it more, looked at the pricetag, looked at it some more and talked myself out of buying it. it was $30. It must be my expectation from Alternators. They were $20 and had the opening doors, engine weapon, real rubber tires, 2 hands,opening trunk and hood. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $30 on it. I think it is a cool figure, but I guess when it came down to it, I just don't like it as much as the Alternators.

This whole Human Alliance thing reminds me of the whole Binaltech Astericks series. Oh well. I'm not bashing it, I guess I am just not that into it once I actually saw it and had a chance to examine it up close.

I finally found the HA Bumblebee at Walmart today. I saw it and I was like Score...then I looked at it more, looked at the pricetag, looked at it some more and talked myself out of buying it. it was $30. It must be my expectation from Alternators. They were $20 and had the opening doors, engine weapon, real rubber tires, 2 hands,opening trunk and hood. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $30 on it. I think it is a cool figure, but I guess when it came down to it, I just don't like it as much as the Alternators.

This whole Human Alliance thing reminds me of the whole Binaltech Astericks series. Oh well. I'm not bashing it, I guess I am just not that into it once I actually saw it and had a chance to examine it up close.

I feel like murdering you, you know that? 30 dollars is cheaper than the usual price of 35-40 that everyone has been reporting. Plus, this figure is about the size of a voyager, which goes for about 30. And I can't find the thing anywhere. :damnit

Also, it was, um, 5 years ago that Alts were released. So of course they are going to raise the price now. They also must have noticed just how popular the line was, and figured they could get away with asking for more. They were right.

It must be my expectation from Alternators. They were $20 and had the opening doors, engine weapon, real rubber tires, 2 hands

Alt. Shockblast only had one hand. :)

I think HA BB is a much better toy than pretty much all Alternators. Unlike most Alternators, his complex transformation leads to a fully functional, stable, dynamic, gimmicky and well articulated robot.

Wow, that's an interesting debate.

Is this figure better than an Alternator / BT?

I'm a HUGE fan of the Alternators line.

And with all the high quality features compared to the first Human Alliance figure,

who's to say which is better?

Let's wait until more are released...

HA BB is awesome! No doubt about it. And he is surprisingly tall.

But my vote is with the Alts... For now...

Come on Sideswipe!

Wow, that's an interesting debate.

Is this figure better than an Alternator / BT?

I'm a HUGE fan of the Alternators line.

And with all the high quality features compared to the first Human Alliance figure,

who's to say which is better?

Let's wait until more are released...

HA BB is awesome! No doubt about it. And he is surprisingly tall.

But my vote is with the Alts... For now...

Come on Sideswipe!

so if these are as good as alts do you display them together?

and if so what becomes of alternator sideswipe?

AAAAARGH!

I got the legs switched around. Easy. So I went to swap the feet, and now his left leg screws mwon't go back in all the way. In fact, the one screw head is almost completely stripped due to my oafish bumbling. Dammit...

I hope I can get them in regardless, I think it'll just take some patience...

I feel like murdering you, you know that? 30 dollars is cheaper than the usual price of 35-40 that everyone has been reporting. Plus, this figure is about the size of a voyager, which goes for about 30. And I can't find the thing anywhere. :damnit

Also, it was, um, 5 years ago that Alts were released. So of course they are going to raise the price now. They also must have noticed just how popular the line was, and figured they could get away with asking for more. They were right.

Please no violence. I was just expressing what happened when I found it. I think it's a good figure, I'm just saying that I like the Alternator series the best so far. I'm a car enthusiast, so I thought the Alternator line is a Win-Win for me.

I do want to see the Sideswipe HA, but I'm guessing that one is going to be HOT! :awsum

PM me and let me know and I'll pick one up for you if you really want it. I think I can send it USPS Priority for under $8. The Walmart is just around the corner so let me know.

Alt. Shockblast only had one hand. :)

Ah you got me on that one. :tfpwn

I think HA BB is a much better toy than pretty much all Alternators. Unlike most Alternators, his complex transformation leads to a fully functional, stable, dynamic, gimmicky and well articulated robot.

I don't know about better because that is a matter of Opinion. I think it is the best Bumblebee Movie figure made to date. I like the fact it is almost on scale with Alternators and has almost an alternator-ish interior to it. It's too bad that they didn't make his cannon weapon fit over either one of his hands and then fold away like the Alt weapons, oh and real rubber tires.

I think it is one of the better if not best movie figure out there, but I have not seen Sideswipe yet. I wish they would make a Sideways HA scale one. I know it's a Decepitcon and not part of the whole HA, it would still be very cool.

so if these are as good as alts do you display them together?

and if so what becomes of alternator sideswipe?

That's a good question, this is what went through my mind when I was looking at it.

The Alternator Sideswipe/Dead End/Sunstreaker were my least favorite Alts. I thought their heads just didn't look right and they were a little too big. IMO.

If the HA BB had rubber tires, I'd probably would display it with the Binaltech Astericks series which also had their own figures.

It's all in one's preference I guess. I didn't get many of the Alternators because I found them boring - not a lot of features beyond the licensed car, rubber tires. Basically, there wasn't much to do with an Alternator besides transform it, and most of the time the transformations were too touchy and "line up these 5 panels at the same time to form the car body" to be fun.. Bumblebee's multiple weapons, human companion, flip-down mask, detailed-yet-not-Alternator-level-frustrating transformation are all major pluses in my book. He's what Alternators should have been, IMO.

Archived