ROTF : Supreme Devastator pic, text, and video review

frenzy_rumble

Also, why couldn't these have individual Bot modes?

Why are you asking that question AGAIN when you know it has been asked and answered a bazillion times already?

People calling this toy "epic fail" forget that this is a toy meant for KIDS, not whiny adult collectors. Kids will love it, guaranteed.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you asking that question AGAIN when you know it has been asked and answered a bazillion times already?

People calling this toy "epic fail" forget that this is a toy meant for KIDS, not adult collectors. Kids will love it, guaranteed.

And parents will just love that price. I'll be surprised if the damn thing even moves. :tflaugh

Ultimate Bumblebee sold out everywhere around here, and sold out again when more units showed up. Anyway, we're not discussing the price tag but the toy itself. You guys say it's a bad toy, I say kids will love it. Adult collectors are the worst judges when it comes to decide if a toy is fun or not. All they see is a price tag, lack of paint apps, lack of accuracy, scale, etc. Stuff that kids don't give a shit about. They wanna PLAY, not DISPLAY. Do you guys really think Hasbro will care if a few dozen adult collectors on some random fan boards hate Devy when thousands and thousands of kids around the world enjoy him?

I'd say he makes a great display piece, one that you'll never touch and only look at, like a statue. If I had the figure, I would do some panel lining to give detail.

These electronic RotF figures seems to have something in common... I'm sure Leader Class Starscream will say "I am..... Starscream!"

Well in Jetfire's case it was "Jetfires my name."

Ultimate Bumblebee sold out everywhere around here, and sold out again when more units showed up. Anyway, we're not discussing the price tag but the toy itself. You guys say it's a bad toy, I say kids will love it. Adult collectors are the worst judges when it comes to decide if a toy is fun or not. All they see is a price tag, lack of paint apps, lack of accuracy, scale, etc. Stuff that kids don't give a shit about. They wanna PLAY, not DISPLAY. Do you guys really think Hasbro will care if a few dozen adult collectors on some random fan boards hate Devy when thousands and thousands of kids around the world enjoy him?

Really, I didn't expect the UBB to sell before the movie but even after the movie in my area at least it didn't move. :shrug

Personally I'm disappointed in the lack of effort put into it (transforming into bots, paint, scale, and accuracy aside). It looks like they just threw crap together, compared to what we've been seeing so far, they could have done a better job with Devs.

Well, the certainly made my choice between this an EZ Legendator a lot easier. Legend class all the way baby! Especially now that I figured out the correct way of transforming EZ Legends Rampage with a more snake-like body and proper track-whips and all :yay

What no Devastator wrecking Balls?

Dammit, beat me to it! I'm completely distraught over no balls! That was a key factor in movie accuracy! :roll

People calling this toy "epic fail" forget that this is a toy meant for KIDS, not whiny adult collectors. Kids will love it, guaranteed.

And parents will just love that price. I'll be surprised if the damn thing even moves. :tflaugh

This 'whiny adult collector' won't be buying that piece o' shite, guaranteed! :thumb

Well, the certainly made my choice between this an EZ Legendator a lot easier. Legend class all the way baby! Especially now that I figured out the correct way of transforming EZ Legends Rampage with a more snake-like body and proper track-whips and all :yay

Totally...still not completely accurate (moreso than Hasbro's though), but much better specimen (and a little better price point).

Totally...still not completely accurate (moreso than Hasbro's though), but much better specimen (and a little better price point).

The EZ/Legends version is from Hasbro as well, it's just that it gets released by Takara first. Both toys have been designed by both Hasbro AND Takara.

I'll take a double tailed snake Rampage over centaur Rampage any day. All I need to see now is if Hightower has a similar 'robot' mode on the bigger transforming Deluxe/Voyager. If that's true I'll be 100% satisfied with EZ Devs.

Archived