ROTF : Supreme Devastator pic, text, and video review

frenzy_rumble

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(i want to warn you.. i haven't read the 5 pages of comments)

i cannot wait to get this figure..

i've gotten over the individual parts not having robot modes.. i just wish they would have had the same number of components that devastator had in the movie.. which was.. i think 8.. there was "long haul", "mixmaster", scavenger, "rampage", hightower.. then there was that red truck type thing (i haven't brushed up on my construction vehicles) there was the vehicle that connected to hightower to become the hand, and there was the left arm (don't know his name) ..

but i can live with what we're getting.. it's going to be a belated birthday gift.

i also don't mind the lack of paint.. it's going to be very fun to paint all of the details.. i think that's what i'm looking forward to the most.

oh and.. so much for being a few feet tall.. wasn't that what we were told a while ago?

anyways.. i'm excited.. i just wish it would be in stores already.

not that this argument is worth having, but it was anounced as 2ft tall befor toyfair.

-done

One last time since you can't accept being proven wrong in front of everyone even when you're being shown evidence: NO.

I don't care about being wrong it happens. I just don't like this type of attitude in a debate.

It's uncivil.

Hate or love the figure, no reason for these things to get personal, so I walk away from this(again)

here is the information from this past toy fair on devastator.

Devastator (Supreme)

Six different alternate figures connect to make Devastator.

The Big combiner takes up space - 2 ft high, about 4 ft wide.

Because the combined figure is so huge, there are no secondary (robot) mode just alternate and combiner limbs.

There will be other figures for each character that have full robot and alternate modes, but will not combine.

to me.. this figure looks smaller than the armada/universe unicron..

that kind of pisses me off.

Why did they not do it!?!

I think it was because, in the movie, they didn't have individual bot modes. Plus I "heard/read" that Dev was really 1 bot and not a group of 5 individual bots. Just 1 bot separated in 5 pieces.

I agree that in the movie universe Devastator is actually only ONE bot. Not seperate bots like in G1. It would make more sense, given the way the transformation scene works out in the movie. You actually see the individual parts of Devastator transforming into the respective parts before the Crane actually latches on to each body part.

Not to mention this has been done before in Energon with Superion Maximus and Bruticus Maximus, both combiners mainly had one consciousness while the limbs were merely clones controlled by the core, or body combiner. I am a little peeved though that this Devastator is lacking some paint apps and size. (I was honestly expecting a little bigger...)

The mouth is pretty cool. For the price though I want way mor gimick.

Maybe if it could eat a legend or a Scout and shoot it out the back...

I had a $4 launcher/track dealy from KB that would fit perfect inside there.

Before that gets dismissed, remember Stratosphere who cost $22 has a miniPrime.

Also, why couldn't these have individual Bot modes? I see plent of room to work with.

Not to call you out, but if you see plenty of room to work with, then can you post a pic of Rampage in, as best as you can get it, leg mode? I just want to see if it can be done.

Actually, there was someone awhile back who had done this with all the available constructicons at the time. They had Rampage, Demolishor, and another one that I cant remember right now, and it looked pretty certain like one could get them to combine (minus the face).

here is the information from this past toy fair on devastator.

Devastator (Supreme)

Six different alternate figures connect to make Devastator.

The Big combiner takes up space - 2 ft high, about 4 ft wide.

Because the combined figure is so huge, there are no secondary (robot) mode just alternate and combiner limbs.

There will be other figures for each character that have full robot and alternate modes, but will not combine.

Well, looks like Archer and Ballog were talking out of their collective ass on that one. It was already said in the 2 weeks prior that claim that the the toy would be 16'' tall at the most. :)

Archived