Ideas for ROTF sequel: "fan fiction"/ script Pt. 1

This is an Outline for Possible Transformers: ROTF sequel story. PLEASE HELP! (But nothing TOO "off the wall", please...)

IE: I plan to turn this into a real story (I hope), but I want to keep it as pleasing to the other fans as I can, I figure I should write the best darn script I can, and then everyone can measure the next Bay movie against mine, nay, OURS!

Yeah I'm being violently ambitious, but If you don't aim high, you'll never hit the freakin' moon, eh?

So anyway, just kind of help with what I'm already working on here, don' be like "I wanna see sharkticons fighting Petro-Rabbits!" ya know? just, see if the logic I'm using makes sense here and don't stray too far from where I SEEM to be going, kay? And please be constructive in your comments, or it doesn't help me at all! Also keep in mind this is based in the "Bay Universe" I'm just hoping to make it a better Bayverse. Are we ready?

Okay, because I didn’t think this last sequel was as good as it could be, I’m going to work on what I think they ought to do in the next one. Of course no one of importance is going to read it, but hey, I can dream can’t I?

Some things I’d like to work into this story (submitted for your approval):

*Lower robot mortality rate.

*Bots being equally main characters (if not more so) than the humans

*Larger, integral use of Background Autobots from ROTF, (Arcee and sisters, Sideswipe) along side the “big guns†of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee, maybe Iron Hide (it would make a nice tie to Chromia, at least according to her character bio).

*New autobots possibly including Wheeljack (as he could be very useful to the dim plot I’m cooking up), Sunstreaker (as he could be an amusing foil to sideswipe), and Dinobots just because everyone wanted them so badly in ROTF. (maybe Wheeljack could unearth some ancient transformers as part of his role as “general Autobot looney inventor guy?) If the dinobots did appear, it would be in lieu of the Autobots having a gestalt team, as what I’ve thought up so far is already cluttered enough with scenes for the robots from ROTF who didn’t get screen time that adding too many more would just degenerate into chaos… Suggestions are MORE THAN WELCOME!

*A story that explores Megatron’s history more, explores his relationship with his “Brother†Optimus more, and amends his “subservience†to The Fallen in ROTF.

*Appearance by Decepticon “Gestalt Special Forces Teamsâ€: Combaticons, and possibly the Stunticons, assuming that’s not trying to cram in too many cons ( JUST the combaticons could probably serve as well or possibly better than the stunticons would, but I’d kind of like to see a fight between Prime and Motormaster since that would be wicked awesome given their “symmetryâ€â€¦) Shockwave for sure, maybe bring Soundwave out of orbit? And maybe… someone else who I seem to have forgotten… I’m really inclined to go more minimalist with the character list, since an over-bloated roster I believe is one of the weaknesses that ROTF had, but then that probably could have been amended by leaving out all the “Groin Related Humor†clutter and a few of the shots of Military people doing military things that didn’t effect the plot, and replacing it all with “character sequences.â€

*Appearance by Unicron’s army of sweeps, and Galvatron As Unicron’s General. (a semi-clone of Megatron perhaps?).

Why make Galvatron a separate character? I dunno, I just think the name “Megatron†is a little cooler than ‘Galvatron’, I don’t want him to change his color scheme. That and I’d really love to see them fight. :P

*I was initially planning on having Prime work with Megatron a little for this, but I am rejecting that idea in favor of having a 3 faction free for all in which Megatron perhaps "Accidently" aids the Autobots, that cool with ya?

If you like these Ideas, then I’ll come back with some more stuff, though probably in a new thread, Please give me feedback so I can tweak my ideas in a direction that is more palatable to other fans!

I'd realy like to see Devastator reserected in the sequel. His death was a bit aqmbiguous, I mean you can't kill a gesault by blowing it apart! :wtf He was pretty awesome in the movie, but he could have been awesomer! Maybe you could have him terrorise a city or two, engulf some humans and destroy a large amount of military stuff, like Blackout, to show how usless our weapons are against the Decepticons. Then duel all the auttobots in the middle of New York, not jut the twins. He could eat one of the twins, Chromia and Sideswipe before being defeated in a climactic battle with Optimus and Bumblebee.

He could have some dialoge too like "Strugle all you want, Autobots. You're only prolonging the inevitable..."

Or have some more traditional Devastator lines, like "Devastator smash and bash! RARGH!"

And you gotta have bumble be say springers line through his radio, "The bigger they are, the harder the fall!"

Also, Tidal wave would be perfect for the sequel! :yay He could transform from the SS. Bay or a nuclear sub. He coud be able to generate whirl pools and hurricains and other bad...ocean...stuff...like TIDAL WAVES!!!

^^ ya know, I could possibly replace the Stunticons with the Constructicons in the final version of my little story, if other fans would prefer to have that...

I was just kind of hoping to see a fight between Prime and Motormaster as I said... but hey, I'm flexible.

Okay, here's some character descriptions for the Autobots, submitted for your approval!

Character Characterizations: Autobots

This is little more than a list of personality attributes and occasionally Voice Acting preferences that I would like to see assigned to the individual robots in the story. I’m posting this list in order to make sure that none of my “character direction” is too far off base. Okay? Let’s begin

*OPTIMUS PRIME: Not much to say here. Prime is Prime, though this go around I would like to see a little more of his compassion as well as his ability to kick butt and take names, so I was thinking that earlier in the story he could be seen doing some kind of “public service” sort of things.

As part of the plot I imagine that the Decepticons have virtually disappeared from planet Earth, with only a handful of exceptions.

And since The Fallen so unceremoniously revealed the Transformer presence in ROTF, the public has gotten over some of their fear and become fascinated by the Autobots, with even a handful of them becoming something of celebrities.

With less need for secrecy, (and less Decepticons) The ‘NEST’ team has been greatly reduced and their base moved to a location within the continental United States. (I think this change would allow for certain parts of the plot to be more easily explained, such as when Transformers ‘take leave’ and go traveling, or even ‘moving’ to other places around the States.)

But back to Prime, I’d really LOVE to see a little scene snippet where, when someone asks where the Autobot leader is if he’s not on base, we get to see him at a school giving a lecture on seat-belt safety. Or at least that seems like the sort of thing he would do in the ‘off’ season to me; too off the wall you think?

*BUMBLEBEE: He’s Sam’s faithful companion and best friend, and all around ‘great guy’. What more do you want? Does he finally talk in this story? I don’t know! I can’t decide! Maybe he CAN talk, but he’s become so used to using his radio to communicate, he mostly does that, unless it’s a phrase that can’t be conveyed through old sound bytes? HELP! This is one place where I REALLY don’t know what to do!

*The ‘CYCLE- SISTERS’: I’m going to break this down into sub categories in a minute, but wanted to explain the “group themes” briefly. I see them as being all extremely competent combatants (each with their own weapon specialities), but when not in fight mode being more ‘artistically motivated’ than some of the other Transformers and a tad eccentric. I may decide to have them upgrade to larger vehicles later in the story (through Wheeljack’s help) but can’t decide. Advice on that would be greatly appreciated.

CHROMIA: She can be the more ‘Serious one’ who sticks to her duty as an Autobot, and as one of Iron Hide’s officers on the new base. I see her as being Iron Hide’s ‘assistant second in command’ who tasks herself with keeping an eye on the things that he tends to overlook. While Iron Hide worries about the ‘Physical’ health and performance of the team, she tasks herself with keeping an eye on the more ‘Psychological’ aspects. I’ll go ahead and admit that she will probably have the smallest role of the three sisters.

Her built in weapons are of the ‘Long ranged sniper’ and ‘Heavy machine gun and assault rifle’ type variety. She also likes to make Metal Sculptures, occasionally from bits of dead Decepticons.

(MOONRACER???): Honestly I don’t know WHAT her freaking name is; she’s the ‘The Purple One’, okay?? I see her as being the “Friendly One”, with a smile in her spark, and a bounce to her, uh… step. She likes people, a LOT, and will always go out of her way to make others feel appreciated and loved.

She is currently serving as Mikaela’s guardian, for the story.

Her combat expertise is in Melee weapons, and kinda ‘Sci-fi’ ranged stuff, ya know, unorthodox alien technology weapons that shoot lightning, or whatever (just going by those pictures of her floating around the internet).

Oddly enough her ‘artistic inclination’ is toward cooking. I think there’s something inherently humorous about a robot with a passion for cooking, since it is a hobby that they can’t get any use out of whatsoever. I think it would make just a great sight gag, too. Mikaela’s walking through her house, talking to Sam on the phone and, oh look, there in the kitchen is a robot. Cooking. Fun.

ARCEE: I see Arcee as being kinda the “younger” seeming of the three sisters, probably a little ‘spunky’, but the one whose personality falls some where between the other two. She’s not particularly out going, but she’s not an introvert, either. This is why she is the squad’s leader, she is able to work with both her older sisters’ styles, and keep them focused.

Though I don’t see her as being terribly professional away from the battle field, she has an unorthodox style and gift for seeing tactical openings and getting her unit to exploit them, even when she occasionally doesn’t realize she’s doing it. So even though all the other Autobots assumed that Chromia would be the leader, it turned out to be Arcee, much to their dismay and even the chagrin of a few.

Being the central sister and also the most famous of the three, she would be one of the main Autobots in the story. I imagine that she was originally slated to be Mikaela’s guardian, but she tried it for a while, they had a ‘disagreement’ and she moved out, letting her Purple Sister take the post. Currently she’s living somewhere away from base (she doesn’t want to be near Wheeljack’s lab) in a location that is very very vexing to Sam. (More on that later)

Her preferred weapons are of the “mid range” variety, including SMG, shotgun, and even handgun type firing, but she’s also pretty good with hand to hand, just not quite as talented as her sister.

Her art hobbies lean toward the ‘2-d’ in nature, and apparently she may play video games.

*WHEELJACK: Ooooh boy, this guy is going to be FUN. I’d really love to have the actor ‘portraying’ him be Hugh Laurie; that guy has a knack for the ‘wildly eccentric’. I just can’t decide whether he should use his ‘House’ voice or his ‘kooky British quack’ voice. It’s very important for me to know which voice I’m writing in as it affects the way the dialogue plays out.

I see him as being, of course, the Autobot’s ‘Mad Science’ Genius. He does ludicrous things and builds machines that seem mundane (or else fantastic!), but tend to explode in his face! What’s not to love?

*SUNSTREAKER: He’s Sideswipe’s slightly vain, and seemingly ‘slacker’/ kinda-surfer twin brother. He’s actually a really likable ‘dude’; very friendly. But he calls everyone ‘Bro’. Yeah. He’s gonna be ‘that guy’. To Sam: ‘Yo! What’s up, little bro?” To Bumblebee: “Bumble-bro! How’s it hangin’?” Ahh… I think he’ll be entertaining.

*SIDESWIPE: Sideswipe I think is one of the Transformers who became a celebrity. I think maybe it would be funny if he went into business with that Leo guy, appearing in commercials, and getting calendars made of him, and other things. He and his brother get along really well (except when they don’t) and fame hasn’t gone to his head. (Too much) But he still takes his duties as an Autobot warrior very seriously.

*SKIDZ and MUDFLAP: HA. Ha ha, he ho ha. And I thought… MY jokes were bad… these little punks are getting relegated to ‘humorous cameo appearance’ only.

*IRON HIDE and RATCHET: They’ll be in there, but not as much as some of the newer characters. Sorry, that’s all I’ve got at the moment.

*JOLT: I’m sorry, I just can’t think of a good reason to have him in the story in any more than another cameo capacaity, but he may pop up in, like, a ‘water-cooler’ sequence, or something.

And Finally, the ones you’ve all been waiting for… the ones you are probably going to hate my “Bay-Take” on the most:

*THE DINOBOTS (!): This is one you might all decide to kill me for…

I do believe that I’m going to use the Dinobots as ancient Heroes from Cybertronian lore, much like heroes of Greek mythology and what-not; they’ve achieved legendary status through stories passed down through out the ages.

The five greatest ceremonial warriors of the ancient Temple of Primus who set out on a quest in a ship known as ‘The Ark’ to complete some Herculean task of some sort.

The twist? It was TRUE! Except that the passing down through generations has mangled the truth of their story, but we get to find that out when Wheeljack’s team unearths them.

The one thing I think will need some tweaking is their speech pattern. “Me Grimlock not like you!” seems a bit juvenile, so I’m thinking of chalking their bizarre speech patterns up to heavy broken-English accents. Probably Russian sounding, then it becomes: “Grimlock not appreciate meddling by you, comrade!” So, I’d like to know if this is a “killing” offense or if it’s an “interesting new update on an old concept”… Please don’t kill me…

Anyway, that’s all the significant Autobots I can think of for this plot, but if you have suggestions (good ones) I’ll be happy to hear them! Till next time!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, though Grimlock's speech patter's are a very distinctive and iconic trait of his character, and it comes down to his having a speech impediment that makes him appear less intelligent than he really is. A "Russian" accent might be too much, and cause more problems. I'd stick with his classic speech impediment. And as far as Wheeljack goes. There's only one who can really pull of the perfect "Mad scientist" needed for him— Chrostopher Lloyd

It should open with a meaningful solilloquoy like the first one. I see it running like this:

Optimus: "I'm going to tell you a story. The story of how our race began..."

Sam "Uhh... OK."

Op: "Four million years ago, by your race's way of counting, Primus, the first Transformer created the seven primes to lead our civilization and in turn give rise to a subsequent generations of Transformers.

The first generation, Generation 1, was the best and brightest: liscenced by Primus from Takara, they swept the universe in a decade-long cycle of almost unadulterated triumph; following the War Within, the original Optimus Prime died, but realising its error, Sunbow resurrected him and Generation 1 prevailed.

The second generation, Generation 2, was similar to the first, but never shone as brightly as their mighty predecessors; that Generation's Optimus Prime was among the best of his kind.

Ultimately, Generation 2 would give rise to a new species of Transformer, who would travel through time in the Beast Wars; they would embody both the very best and absolute worst traits of our race, finally emerging as worthy successors to the Generation 1 legacy.

The Unicron Wars were the darkest time in our race's recorded history; the Armada threatened Cybertron for its Energon and legions of inferior, weak Transformers were created for war, sickening deviants with unnatural abilities of combination and integration - although Robot Heroes eventually emerged on all sides.

Following the Unicron War, Generation 1 returned from exile to lead our race into a Classic age of Universal glory - Generation 1 looked across the surfaces of Cybertron and Earth, witnessed the fervourous admiration of their legacy, and saw that it was good. They never suspected that a new force of evil, Bayatron, was waiting to usurp that legacy.

Bayatron cast Generation 1 into a pocket universe, replacing its mighty heroes with inferior copies such as myself, replacing the internal quantum logic of our universe with random factors such as explosive air and water and relegating the Transformers to the status of an interesting earthly diversion for adolescent males of your species - you yourself, Sam, are nothing more than a poor cypher of Spike and Sparkplug Witwicky, the Human Allies of Generation 1 - a fabrication designed to appeal to a mass audience..."

Sam: [shia LeBeouf dissapears in a puff of logic].

Sorry. I couldn't resist... ;)

OK, sorry for the last post - but I've got a good, serious idea this time, I promise!

This isn't necessarily 'Bayverse' style, more an idea for that 'Batman Begins'-style reboot in a decade's time I'm waiting for, but nonetheless the more I thought about this storyline, the cooler and more watertight it became.

The film starts with Earth, millions of years ago - literally millions, sometime in Earth's primordial past; flying reptiles are gliding through the air eating insects on the wing, ancient vegetation abounds. The tranquility is shattered as a spacecraft rips through the atmosphere, slamming into the ground at vast speed; the heat of its reentry vitrifies the ground, but it stops short of exploding. This isn't a Michael Bay film, after all.

Two figures emerge into the artificial gloom of the vitrified landscape, the sky darkened by the molten ash sent into the atmosphere by the force of the spacecraft's impact. They trade dialogue in a harsh alien cant subtitled for the audience's convenience: one tells the other something about switching to 'need to know plan you didn't need to know about'. They head for a mountain range carrying a heavy container that is totally sealed, towards the entrance of a cave formation. As they enter the cave, one figure produces a device: a remote detonator for the ship's engine core. The explosion is collosal, beyond even the force of a nuclear weapon - this is what wiped out the dinosaurs; the two blackened figures are sealed within the cave, forever.

Four million years later, four cars drive up a lonely mountain road towards a vast, isolated forest; the sun is setting behind them. There are no signs of civilization for miles around. The cars enter the forest, heading further and further from the beaten track; when they can drive no further into the forest, now dark, they TRANSFORM into four robots: Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Hound and Bumblebee. Sitting in a circle, one produces a pistol, lighting a small fire; they bemoan, IN ENGLISH, their posting to this backwater world, claiming that High Command had no hard evidence that they had stolen 'that artefact' from a Decepticon fortress in Altihex - besides, it was a rusting antique: who would care if they sold it on the black market? After all, they only went slightly off-mission to pick it up, it was solid tactical thinking to hide in the fortress, especially when the rest of their unit died in the bombing raid... A small flash, like a meteor, passes through the upper atmosphere - a glowing metal capsule slams into the ground near our heroes: once it has sufficiently cooled, Sunstreaker activates the device, effectively a Cybertronian military version of MSN messenger; alien text, subtitled for the audience, is traded between Sunstreaker and 'Lieutenant of the Autobot Inner Circle of Iacon Prowl'; he makes it absolutely clear that their mission is to 'observe and report' any Decepticon activity, nothng more and castigates them for adopting so many native mannerisms, including language. With that, the capsule self-destructs.

Meanwhile, an arcaeological excavation in New Mexico uncovers two impossibly ancient and badly eroded stone idols from an ancient collapsed cave network; such is the importance of the find that the National Guard are on hand to protect the find from antiquity thieves. Inside the research tent, a clumsy engineer drops a sledgehammer onto one of the idols from an overhead crane platform; a hairline crack develops. Later, in the night, light starts to emerge from the hairline cracks in the idol; layers of geological strata and mineral deposits slough away to reveal Grimlock, noticeably not as 'humanlike' as the Transformers in the previous scene. He revives a similarly alien Bluestreak; the mystery container has vanished. Sneaking past the National Guard stationed outside, they download the whole internet wirelessly, begin speaking in English and their facial features morph into a more human [Generation 1] style. Grimlock scans a National Guard Humvee and adds a few 'personal touches' such as a Megadeth bumper sticker and a 'Me King' vanity plate; Bluestreak scans a sportscar. Grimlock checks data downloaded from the on-site computers and responds to Bluestreak's querry of 'What now?' with the response 'Harvard University archaeology department - we claiming lost property...'

The scene shifts to the corporate headquarters of CyberStar Technologies; a publicity video in the lobby informs the audience that CyberStar is the world's largest technology company, dealing in software, hardware, biotechnology, pharmecuticals, munitions, military contracts and toys and collectables. The Harvard archaelogical team arrive via helicopter and are taken to the CEO's collosal office; they talk, he takes possession of a report of the findings and chastises them for losing the idols. He states that he looks forward to a report on the smaller 'canopic jar' found between them. The researchers and the CEO's secretary leave the office. He phases through a wall into a vast room with no windows or obvious modes of egress. He looks up at the vast throned figure of Starscream and dissapears; Starscream begins to chuckle to himself at his deception. The throne descends, taking Starscream to a vast subterranean complex beneath the offices where the Decepticon infiltration team under his command await him.

Meanwhile, Grimlock and Bluestreak drive to Cambridge, Massachussets. They have holographic drivers who are in fact their voice/motion capture talent. Upon arrival, they stake out the archaeological wing of the university attempting to formulate a plan; as night falls, Bluestreak attempts to talk Grimlock into using their human pretenders to trick the staff into delivering the container to them: Grimlock chooses to instead transform and walk throught the side of the building. He recovers the container, transforming into a Humvee as he places it inside his own boot. They speed away from the scene, but a CCTV camera has caught some of Grimlock's transformation.

Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Hound and Bumblebee are parked near a coffee shop; Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and Bumblebee's pretenders are seated nearby. Hound's pretender walks over to the table with a copy of the National Enquirer - the headline reads 'Robot Car Steals Antiquities From Harvard!'; Hound states that he 'knew reading this rag would pay off someday'. Sunstreaker states that they need to obtain proof that the sighting is genuine and then report to the Inner Sphere on Cybertron immediately; Bumblebee uses a mobile phone mast to wirelessly hack the Pentagon's servers and check all available satellite imagery for the previous evening - it confirms Grimlock and Bluestreak's presence on Earth. Bumblebee substitutes the files for doctored images to protect the Transformer's covert status on Earth.

Meanwhile, the scene shifts to a corporate board meeting: the members of the board are discussing the National Enquirer headline and examining the original Pentagon records of satellite imagery: one figure reports that the source is 'direct from their spike in the Pentagon mainframe' and that 'another hacker was in the system that night, but more problematic was that hacker' source code: It was Cybertronian'. A familiar voice off-camera states that 'deception only gets you so far' - the camera pans to reveal Starscream's pretender and the CyberStar logo on the far wall. each of the board members then phases out of existence.

The Autobot recon team break into an abandoned space telescope - mainly as an excuse to show off their robot modes on film - and modify it into a long-range communications device: Sideswipe dubs it 'crude but effective'. They broadcast a message to the Inner Sphere detailing the activity. A badly scrambled message from Prowl tells them that events are now above their 'need to know' status and that a team of specialists is being dispatched to retrieve the rogue elements. In spite of orders, Hound follows the satellite photography evidence stolen by Bumblebee to the Mojave desert; they track Bluestreak and Grimlock to a deserted settlement and confront them. Bluestreak and Grimlock explain to Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Bumblebee and Hound that four million years ago they were tasked with a black ops mission to take the Matrix of Leadership as far from Cybertron as possible, in order to deny the Decepticons of its power, under the pretext of being deserters in order not to arouse Decepticon attention - hence, only the Triumvirate of the Inner Sphere (Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and Fortress Maximus) knew it had been taken, but even they did not know where - it is the ultimate weapon - but following the death of Sentinel Prime, it had come too close to the Decepticon's hands, hence the decision.

At this point, the Decepticons attack. A pitched battle is fought; so intense is the fighting that the desert is vitrified - the US army are alerted and mobilise for the region...

More later, I'm getting tired.

^^^ hey! that's pretty cool!

so far I've written the Opening Optimus Prime Narration for my story, and posted it on my deviant art page. If any of you are interested in seeing it, here's a link: Prime Monologue

Or if you don't feel like going to my D-art page, I'll gladly post it in this thread as well.

I will warn you it seems a little heavy handed to me, and probably attests rather blatantly to the fact that I've never really been willing to think of Primus as anything other than the Transformer concept of "God."

It also may be a little out of place for the direction I'm going to push my story in; I'd originally planned on doing Unicron as the big climax, but now I want this plot line only to "build up to Unicron" with lots of references, without actually having him appear.

Yet.

Archived